• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Rules for Customers (1 Viewer)

greekgun

HSC
CieL said:
Urgh reminds me of when I used to work in a shop at the food court.
This couple ordered a mass of food, and when it came to paying she just chucked her piece of plastic onto the counter in front of my face.
When I told her that we don't have a machine for EFTPOS, she gave me a 'wtf' glare... I then told her there's an ATM in the centre of the foodcourt which was like 7m away..

She goes, 'ok', then walks off.. I thought she meant, ok i'll get some cash, but no.. she never came back..

Was kinda hard to sell already cut up pizzas and toasted foccacias..
I hate those type of customers. U get heaps at supermarkets who cant pay for there stuff so they say ill brb i have to go to the car, so u weait abit and after 1 min or so u call up ur supervisor to suspend the sale and the bitch of a customer never turns up. Seriously, is it so hard to say "hmmm, looks like i dont have the money for this, im sorry but i guess i wont be purchasing this. Sorry...bye". it makes me RAWR

And then some lady came to my register today, and i scanned her stuff and then she payed and left...with her bags still at the register. Now i thought she was getting a trolley or something but no, she left. So i called my supervisor and she put the stuff in a trolley and in the kiosk area, and 4 hours later the customer calls up yelling where's my delivery and stuff. Then my supervisor goes
"...Did u forget to do a delivery or something"
Me- "....nah i havent done any today"
Supervisor- "Well some bitch is on the phone complaining"
Me-"Well some customer did leave all her groceries behind...maybe it was her...but she didnt mention anything about a delivery.

Anyway long story short, she comes down to the supermarket and complains that her stuff wasnt delivered to her. She was going on and on about how incompitent we all were and then i told her that she didnt even ask for a delivery. And then she goes on about her not having to ask, and about we should know because its our job. Now my supervisor got really mad and started yelling at this women about how if she want somehting done, she has to ask and that were not mind readers etc. Fkn bitch, but it was a good waste of 30 mins of my shift dealing with her.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
greekgun said:
I hate those type of customers. U get heaps at supermarkets who cant pay for there stuff so they say ill brb i have to go to the car, so u weait abit and after 1 min or so u call up ur supervisor to suspend the sale and the bitch of a customer never turns up. Seriously, is it so hard to say "hmmm, looks like i dont have the money for this, im sorry but i guess i wont be purchasing this. Sorry...bye". it makes me RAWR

And then some lady came to my register today, and i scanned her stuff and then she payed and left...with her bags still at the register. Now i thought she was getting a trolley or something but no, she left. So i called my supervisor and she put the stuff in a trolley and in the kiosk area, and 4 hours later the customer calls up yelling where's my delivery and stuff. Then my supervisor goes
"...Did u forget to do a delivery or something"
Me- "....nah i havent done any today"
Supervisor- "Well some bitch is on the phone complaining"
Me-"Well some customer did leave all her groceries behind...maybe it was her...but she didnt mention anything about a delivery.

Anyway long story short, she comes down to the supermarket and complains that her stuff wasnt delivered to her. She was going on and on about how incompitent we all were and then i told her that she didnt even ask for a delivery. And then she goes on about her not having to ask, and about we should know because its our job. Now my supervisor got really mad and started yelling at this women about how if she want somehting done, she has to ask and that were not mind readers etc. Fkn bitch, but it was a good waste of 30 mins of my shift dealing with her.
LOL what a moron, how would you have even delivered it without her telling you her address? Seriously what idiot just goes "oh lol I'll leave all my groceries that I just paid 200 bucks for sitting there, they'll work it out". WTF.

Reminds me of customers who come into the store a few times a week and assume every staff member knows exactly who they are and what they buy just because they shop there regularly. Yes, you and 3000 other people in this district, don't expect me to know your particular wants and needs without telling me, just because you're a regular.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
after a thousand odd posts here, i invite people here to create a list of things you'd expect a customer to do from the moment they enter your shop to the moment they pay and leave.

and then copy and paste that to a word doc, print it out and check it off for yourself everytime you go shopping. after all, you don't want to be a hypocrit.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
wuddie said:
after a thousand odd posts here, i invite people here to create a list of things you'd expect a customer to do from the moment they enter your shop to the moment they pay and leave.

and then copy and paste that to a word doc, print it out and check it off for yourself everytime you go shopping. after all, you don't want to be a hypocrit.
See, I don't need to write a list and check it off, because I'm a normal person and all the things I'd expect of a customer just go without saying. E.g. Do Not Yell At The Person At The Counter About Prices, They Do Not Set Them.

It's the people who can't work that simple stuff out (i.e most of the customers complained about in this thread) that need a list. Sadly I doubt they'll ever read the thread and work it out.

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
See, I don't need to write a list and check it off, because I'm a normal person and all the things I'd expect of a customer just go without saying. E.g. Do Not Yell At The Person At The Counter About Prices, They Do Not Set Them.

It's the people who can't work that simple stuff out (i.e most of the customers complained about in this thread) that need a list. Sadly I doubt they'll ever read the thread and work it out.

blakegman

HSC
N/A
greekgun you seem to have epic stories every shift.

Wish i worked where you do. People like that make me laugh so hard, because i don't care about my job, i really don't take it to heart.

CieL

HSC
darkwolfzx said:
when i used to work at checkouts i would stick a sign on my register saying "NO CASH OUT". Well customers being customers still rock up and ask after a $300 bill "CAn I hAs Ca$h oUt?"

Illiterate bastards
Oh. lol.

I had that problem today.. I was in the line for Maccas and people don't know how to queue properly so were just like crowded in around the front counter..

Anyways, the girl goes, "next waiting", so I jump forward past the guy waiting for his food at the counter.. I ordered then asked for cash out.. and she points to the EFTPOS which had this tiny white strip of paper across the tiny screen that says "cash only".

I was like, "oooooooh, sorry.. my bad" and promptly starts heading off to the end of the line.. but she still slipped me a *wtf are you a retard* stare before I got away.

Like honestly, if someone serves me, I LOOK AT THEIR FACE. Not at some machine at the height of my belly button. Not to mention the white strip of paper was fucking small and if I was long sighted I probably could not have read it. Besides, it's not like I was being a bitch about it. Why give me a dirty for?!

I also once had my EFTPOS break down on me when I was working.. Because I knew people can be blind or not know they're lining in a cash only line, I actually yell down the queue so people know in advance.

Evilo

HSC
greekgun said:
I hate those type of customers. U get heaps at supermarkets who cant pay for there stuff so they say ill brb i have to go to the car, so u weait abit and after 1 min or so u call up ur supervisor to suspend the sale and the bitch of a customer never turns up. Seriously, is it so hard to say "hmmm, looks like i dont have the money for this, im sorry but i guess i wont be purchasing this. Sorry...bye". it makes me RAWR.
I work(ed) at a liquor store, if that ever happened as soon as they said "ill brb" i just put the product back on the shelf (i know its a bit harder with groceries). Maybe once every 10 times this occurs they come back, but meh im not going to clog up the counter holding bottles for people who cant pay for their liquor. (and FFS if you are going shopping, who carries around $12 cash and no cards?)

The other thing that shocks me is when parents walk into the liquor store, they explain they have a food budget to feed the kids, but the liquor and cigarettes comes first before any shopping (we are connected to a coles)

greekgun

HSC
blakegman said:
greekgun you seem to have epic stories every shift.

Wish i worked where you do. People like that make me laugh so hard, because i don't care about my job, i really don't take it to heart.
lol yeah, i work in a pretty scummy area because it was the only supermarket which had any openings (it was either working at coles northlands or Maccas). But in the end, i guess it makes work entertaining, but at the same time very fustrating.

Lizakith

Go go gadget spleen!
HSC
CieL said:
I also once had my EFTPOS break down on me when I was working.. Because I knew people can be blind or not know they're lining in a cash only line, I actually yell down the queue so people know in advance.
Yeah, our eftpos went down once for the whole network, so we put signs up, and our manager was patrolling the 4 registers shouting that no eftpos was available, and we could do manual credit, and letting people know there was an atm in the centre, downstairs. I still had this bitch of a customer who was on her phone the whole time she was lining up, and who, when she got to my register, had her card out, so i told her we could only do cash or manual credit, but at the end of the transaction she still tried to swipe her card. So i told her again, loudly and clearly that we could only do cash or manual credit. Dopey bint glared at me, so i told her there was an atm downstairs if she would like to go and get cash out, then come back up, i'd be happy to hold her transaction til she got back, so off she stomped.

grrrrrrrrrrrr

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
i honestly dont get you wuddie, on the 1 hand your like "blah blah blah don't complain about customers, its your job blah blah blah"

then on the other your pretty much like "yo, why dont u smack the customers up biatch"

Evilo

HSC
townie said:
then on the other your pretty much like "yo, why dont u smack the customers up biatch"
because he reckons hes "hardcore" when hes really the little bitch with braces behind the counter?

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
Evilo said:
because he reckons hes "hardcore" when hes really the little bitch with braces behind the counter?
that must be it. thanks for solving my identity crisis.

re townie. i am more for seeking solutions to problems, not complaining about them, which won't make them go away. if smacking the customer or whatever you quoted me saying solves the problem, then do it.

i know it must be hard for people like evilo to accept, but i apologise if i don't whine as much as you do.

greekgun

HSC
Evilo said:
i lol'd. Is there something going on between u and wuddie. U guys seem to always be bitching about one another.

wuddie said:
re townie. i am more for seeking solutions to problems, not complaining about them, which won't make them go away. if smacking the customer or whatever you quoted me saying solves the problem, then do it.
last time i checked, this thread was for making rules for customers, not making solutions for us. We like to vent our frustrations about customers, even if its our fault...whats the harm in that?

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
wuddie said:
that must be it. thanks for solving my identity crisis.

i know it must be hard for people like evilo to accept, but i apologise if i don't whine as much as you do.
the idea of this thread is to whine fuck head

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
actually wuddie, you whine more than we do, if you notice we VENT about 1 thing, then move on to the next thing (and the next, and the next), you just go on and on and on and on about the same thing, like a broken record, THAT is whining

edit: also, wuddie, in most cases slapping the customer probably would make the situation go away, either because A) the customer would be so offended they wouldnt come back or (more likely) B) we'd lose our jobs and be up on assault charges.

unfourtunately wuddie, you dont have any customer service skills, customer service is putting up with infuritating customers, unfourtunately, but alas that is what our job entails, we do generall like our jobs, and i have no doubt that the regular posters in here are EXCELLANT at customer service, WHY? because we put up with that shit, but keep going back, we tolerate the customers, and in the process become better servers of them. but the fact of the matter is, there is only so much a person can take without cracking, but good customer service people as we are (unlike you) we crack AWAY from the customers, in here, or with our colleagues, we are good customer service people in short because we can wait a while and take out our frustration in here, unlike you, who would take it out on the customer, the very antithesis of customer service.

Last edited:

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
ok let's get the fact straight.

i have never said to physically assault a customer, quote me if i did.

i have given up on bitching or whining about your whininess, i've gradually come to accept the fact that this thread is dedicated to bitches. all i am doing is to point out on the odd occasion that there is (surprisingly) a solution to your problems. if you don't like my ideas, ignore it. some people may find it helpful.

of course, some people are born to bitch, that i can't help.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
wuddie said:
ok let's get the fact straight.

i have never said to physically assault a customer, quote me if i did.

i have given up on bitching or whining about your whininess, i've gradually come to accept the fact that this thread is dedicated to bitches. all i am doing is to point out on the odd occasion that there is (surprisingly) a solution to your problems. if you don't like my ideas, ignore it. some people may find it helpful.

of course, some people are born to bitch, that i can't help.
Just because there is a solution to the problem does not mean that there is a problem with wanting to vent some frustration about the fact that the problem occurred, what part of this do you have trouble understanding.

There are a lot of posts in this thread where the poster has had a problem and solved it, the only reason they're posting is to lament the sheer stupidity of the customer that led to the problem in the first place. I don't know why you have a problem with this...?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)