• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Rules for Customers (1 Viewer)

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
i don't really care if they look pissed if we've ran out of stock or something. Never had complaints about prices, just stock levels and freshness of the meat. I just say sorry, but *blah blah blah*

eg: do you have anymore middle bacon rashes?
me: "No sorry, we've ran out of it. We're expecting some to come on the load tonight. "
When they're about to walk off, i say "sorry about that."

about freshness of the stock:
Them: "Is this fresh? i got some before and it was off."

me: "yeah it is fresh. I just got some just then" (usually chicken)

But when they go on and on about how it was off, i'd get annoyed.
My response: "Well we try our best to maintain the freshness of our stock. I'm sorry about that but you could have brought it back and asked for an exchange."

and if they go on about how it's a hassle to drive back. well i just ignore them.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
uhawww said:
yes, that's fine. but just saying "go to the manager" and walking off, leaving them there, is pretty shit.
i don't believe that a casual gets paid enough to put up with complaints, nor does a casual have the necessary training or experience to handle complaints. so when you are faced with something which is out of your pay grade, and there is nothing you can do about it but to apologise, why apologise? nothing has changed. so isn't it in the best interest for both you and the customer that you refer him to the management, which saves you the grief, and saves the customer from repeating himself?

but in the end, it is really up to you whether you want to stand there and take the beating like the good little boy you are.

boris

Banned
HSC
wuddie said:
i don't believe that a casual gets paid enough to put up with complaints, nor does a casual have the necessary training or experience to handle complaints. so when you are faced with something which is out of your pay grade, and there is nothing you can do about it but to apologise, why apologise? nothing has changed. so isn't it in the best interest for both you and the customer that you refer him to the management, which saves you the grief, and saves the customer from repeating himself?

but in the end, it is really up to you whether you want to stand there and take the beating like the good little boy you are.
Man, wtf.

For example. I am casual, yet I work atleast 3 days a week for NSW Health.
I get called a slut on a semi regular basis, and I handle complaints ALL DAY. It's stupid to suggest that casual staff are ill equipped to deal with complaints. Of course they are, and if they aren't they should be. Casual just refers to their job security, or their employment terms, it doesn't mean they can't do their job and respond to conflict as well as a permanent staff member. Nor does it mean they shouldn't,.

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
wuddie said:

so how many customer service awards do you have in your portfolio?

fucking bogan lol

greekgun

HSC
You know what, i rekon every person should me made to work in a customer service job once in their life, so that way they wont jump down the workers throats for something so minor. Seriously, its a messed up society when a fully grown adult who appears to be compitent and has two children infront of her is swearing at you because they read something wrong and believe there right.

I try to provide the best customer service i can, maybe it isnt good enough i dont know. But thats no excuse for some fucktards to come in to a store and treat you like shit when your trying to help them. It doesnt matter how hard you try to help a customer or how great your customer service skills are, they are always low life scum out there who are going to yell, be rude, arrgoant, and all around dickheads who just want to mess around with you.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
I agree.

I think that once you've worked in customer service you are very forgiving to service people. You never yell at the checkout chick or make stupid demands.

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
greekgun said:
You know what, i rekon every person should me made to work in a customer service job once in their life, so that way they wont jump down the workers throats for something so minor. Seriously, its a messed up society when a fully grown adult who appears to be compitent and has two children infront of her is swearing at you because they read something wrong and believe there right.

I try to provide the best customer service i can, maybe it isnt good enough i dont know. But thats no excuse for some fucktards to come in to a store and treat you like shit when your trying to help them. It doesnt matter how hard you try to help a customer or how great your customer service skills are, they are always low life scum out there who are going to yell, be rude, arrgoant, and all around dickheads who just want to mess around with you.
agree

TheEM

HSC
all you guys who work in customer service do you have a problem with customers been assertive as long as they are polite, and are not wrong. Say something scanned the wrong price

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
TheEM said:
all you guys who work in customer service do you have a problem with customers been assertive as long as they are polite, and are not wrong. Say something scanned the wrong price
No, if they are polite (even if they are wrong) then there's obviously no issue. It's when they start you treat you like shit that it gets annoying (which is where your customer service skills are really pushed).

If anyone is annoyed by a polite customer they really should not be working a customer service role.

greekgun

HSC
TheEM said:
Nah i havent got a problem when there being polite, or sometimes when there not being polite. Its just when they are over the top rude, thats when i have a problem.

TheEM

HSC
it is just i have been in some stores where the checkout person has got rude even though we were polite

example: we were in a store and there was a bottle of some drink that was not marked with a price, mum expected about 49 dollars when we got the register it scanned up at 39 we thought that was cheap and handed over 39 dollars, the guy said, no that is 49 ( the RRP he told us it was), mum said excuse me pointed him to the register pointed out that it says on the register it says 39,(very politely) he told us very rudely 49 and that it is an error on the computer, so me and mum left him there with the bottle in his hand, and simply walked out.

i think that if we are been polite there is no reason for others to be rude.

jodi..1

is awesome
HSC
/\ I don't get it...it scanned up at $39 but he said its $49...

blakegman

HSC
N/A
That's weird. Maybe he was the manager and knew the real price of it but that' still pretty scabby. What shop was it ?

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
blakegman said:
That's weird. Maybe he was the manager and knew the real price of it but that' still pretty scabby. What shop was it ?
Some bottlo, it wasnt the manager because we later complained to the manager how rude he was i think it scanned up wrong and he assumed it scanned correctly it doesnt change the fact we were entitled and he was rude.

btw that was me in that post, this account was on a ban

blakegman

HSC
N/A
oh ok makes sense. I figured it would be a small bottlo not a major chain.

HSC
TheEM said:
it is just i have been in some stores where the checkout person has got rude even though we were polite

example: we were in a store and there was a bottle of some drink that was not marked with a price, mum expected about 49 dollars when we got the register it scanned up at 39 we thought that was cheap and handed over 39 dollars, the guy said, no that is 49 ( the RRP he told us it was), mum said excuse me pointed him to the register pointed out that it says on the register it says 39,(very politely) he told us very rudely 49 and that it is an error on the computer, so me and mum left him there with the bottle in his hand, and simply walked out.

things scan up wrong quite regularly at my work. sometimes the price ends up lower than the sticker, sometimes higher... i sell it to them for whatever the barcode says, because they can't see what it has scanned up as and that way there's no disagreements.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
russianROULETTE said:
things scan up wrong quite regularly at my work. sometimes the price ends up lower than the sticker, sometimes higher... i sell it to them for whatever the barcode says, because they can't see what it has scanned up as and that way there's no disagreements.
there is a thing called a receipt.

but this is a fact for things that happen in the deli. If the ticket price is lower than the actual price that comes up when we weigh it, we have to, by law, charge them the advertised price.

not sure if it applies to that situation though. because it wasn't advertised with a price, but if it comes up at $39, how would he know if it's $49?

Evilo

HSC
TheEM said:

He is right. At most place the shelf price is the final price (at least that was the go at all the places i worked at*). You'd whinge if it was the other way around.

If the register says the cheaper price there are two possibilities. a) i dont pick it up so you get it for the cheaper price b) obviously there is a mistake in the computer, i know the correct shelf price, and the shelf price is the final price.

*unless someone has obviously fucked with the sign i.e. $3.99 for a slab of beer. Then i refuse the purchase.

EDIT - because im half asleep i missed the above quote

shinji said:
. If the ticket price is lower than the actual price that comes up when we weigh it, we have to, by law, charge them the advertised price.
(otherwise its misleading advertising)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)