• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Rules for Customers (13 Viewers)

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Haha yeah. I haven't had to deal with customers since december, and it's great.

CieL

HSC
When you walk in the door and I politely remind you that the store closes in 2mins. Please do not make a face, take a basket, and take more than two minutes to do your shopping. Then proceed to tell me off at the checkouts saying how I'm rushing people out of the store because it's time to close. I seriously hate it how I get ripped off 5mins for every close shift I do due to customers thinking "close" is when they should grab their last 10 items, and not when they should be outside the shop already.

*Buttercup*

HSC
Don't complain when the $15 beach towels were in the $10 section. I don't price things, and I can't change it for you. Just tell me if you still want the freaking towels or not. I don't care if you're disappointed.

Don't pay for a $2 item with a $100 at 9:01am and use up all my change.

Don't let your bratty kids hold on to the toy before you pay for it. When you do that, then the child screams when I take it to scan it. Teach your child the art of delayed gratification.

When I answer the phone, don't spend the whole conversation criticising my phone manner. I am currently serving a queue of customers, pricing stock, tidying the registers AND taking your call, so get to your question already.

Speak English. It helps me to help you!

This thread is fun :)

Evilo

HSC
*Buttercup* said:
Don't complain when the $15 beach towels were in the $10 section.
You don't see a problem with that statement?

Evilo

HSC
*Buttercup* said:
Ok... don't complain to ME. i can't do anything about it.
you said "beach towels" (plural) - so it's not just a douchebag putting it down in that pile to fuck with you - take down the sign, or remove the towels.

*Buttercup*

HSC
Evilo said:
you said "beach towels" (plural) - so it's not just a douchebag putting it down in that pile to fuck with you - take down the sign, or remove the towels.
Ok, I didnt explain it very well. What I meant was, after I've realised the towels have been put in the wrong section, explained that I can't sell it to them for the cheaper price, and asked someone to take down the sign... don't try to convince me to change my mind. It's non-negotiable, cos it's not actually up to me how much things cost. It goes for all things really - if I work at the register,I dont actually have any control in the universe, so dont try and get me to change my mind about prices of things!

gcchick

Come at me bro
HSC
Uni Grad
Lizakith said:
Please don't start talking about me when I put you on 'hold', because more often than not, I just mute my headset, so I can hear you and know if you're still on the line.

Horrible man said I didn't know what I was doing when I put him on hold this morning despite the fact I'd spent 15 minutes trying to fix his issue, which even our 3rd level team were confused by. >=/
Wow. Similar thing happens to me on drive-thru at Hungry Jack's.

For example, I have something like 10 cars waiting for their orders and go across the counter to get a shake or Storm for the first car, or am paying an order off on Eftpos, so I can't take an order at the same time. A car pulls up to the speakerbox to place their order. I acknowledge them and say I'll be with them in a moment so I can have a minute to do what I need to do. Then 90% of the time they get pissed off after 1 minute and bitch about "how shit the service is here" and "how incompetent the staff are". You effing tard, I can still hear you. And you just look like a twat in front of your stupid girlfriend. Plus I've been doing this job for 3 years, PREEEEETY sure I know what I'm doing, douche.

Evilo

HSC
turn on the mic and say "thanks for you valued input - now can i take your order?"

HSC
i fucking hate when people do that. like, i'll be fairly obviously in the middle of making a drink or something and someone comes up to the counter, and i'm like "i'll just be a second!" and they either start rattling off all the shit they want, or they'll just death stare me until i stop what i'm doing. yeah sure, all the other customers that have ordered can wait, because you're so important that you need to be served that second.

same goes for when i've got like five billion orders, and cunts are like "well i want to take it back to my room, not drink it here, so make it for me now" .. no, eat shit. fucking wait. and don't stand at the counter and glare at me until i make your drink. just, generally, get fucked and learn to wait your turn.

gcchick

Come at me bro
HSC
Uni Grad
katietheskatie said:
i fucking hate when people do that. like, i'll be fairly obviously in the middle of making a drink or something and someone comes up to the counter, and i'm like "i'll just be a second!" and they either start rattling off all the shit they want, or they'll just death stare me until i stop what i'm doing. yeah sure, all the other customers that have ordered can wait, because you're so important that you need to be served that second.

same goes for when i've got like five billion orders, and cunts are like "well i want to take it back to my room, not drink it here, so make it for me now" .. no, eat shit. fucking wait. and don't stand at the counter and glare at me until i make your drink. just, generally, get fucked and learn to wait your turn.
Yeah, exactly! Surprisingly, I don't have 100 arms and can't do absolutely everything at once. Fucking tards.

What part of the Goldy are you from?

CieL

HSC
I hate it when some customers are just rude and think they're the only one requiring service.

One night I was bagging up a register, which was 2 registers from the kiosk.. and some guy was standing at the kiosk wanting smokes. He kept staring at me even though I was nowhere near the smokes. And he was standing at the furthest corner away from the girl who was working at the kiosk. He loudly says, "CAN I HAVE SOME SERVICE HERE??" I look at the girl at the kiosk and she was serving a customer with a trolley full of crap so I quickly bagged up the cash, locked it in the drawer and served the fucker. He didnt say anything besides what he wanted, took a feedback [complaint] form and left.

And yesterday.. this old woman gives me this receipt and says she's been overcharged for her fruit loaf. I go to the shelf and check the price, show her the pricetag and said it's the right price. She demands that she was on the phone with the "young man" and said it wasn't $4.xx, but $3.xx, as she bought the loaf a week ago. But of course there was no proof. Then she goes, "I'M A FRIEND OF ANNE [cash office lady]. TELL 'EM IT'S JOYCE". At that moment I was like.. dude, I don't care if you're the virgin mary. I just thought fuck it and gave her her 80c back to JOYCE. Like ffs. You're just another stuck up bitch I got to deal with.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
CieL said:
I hate it when some customers are just rude and think they're the only one requiring service.

One night I was bagging up a register, which was 2 registers from the kiosk.. and some guy was standing at the kiosk wanting smokes. He kept staring at me even though I was nowhere near the smokes. And he was standing at the furthest corner away from the girl who was working at the kiosk. He loudly says, "CAN I HAVE SOME SERVICE HERE??" I look at the girl at the kiosk and she was serving a customer with a trolley full of crap so I quickly bagged up the cash, locked it in the drawer and served the fucker. He didnt say anything besides what he wanted, took a feedback [complaint] form and left.

And yesterday.. this old woman gives me this receipt and says she's been overcharged for her fruit loaf. I go to the shelf and check the price, show her the pricetag and said it's the right price. She demands that she was on the phone with the "young man" and said it wasn't $4.xx, but $3.xx, as she bought the loaf a week ago. But of course there was no proof. Then she goes, "I'M A FRIEND OF ANNE [cash office lady]. TELL 'EM IT'S JOYCE". At that moment I was like.. dude, I don't care if you're the virgin mary. I just thought fuck it and gave her her 80c back to JOYCE. Like ffs. You're just another stuck up bitch I got to deal with.
If that was the case, why wait a week to return it for her money? most people would of ate it by then and not worry about it.

Dr.Chau

Banned
HSC
emytaylor164 said:
Everything i say does not require a stupid and immature comment about my beliefs.
ahahahahahaha! are you a christian?

that's like beleiving in crazy shit like flying monkeys and shit.

even the muslims are smarter than the christians.

ahahahahaha christianity! watta crock!

*Baby-K*

HSC
I used to work at Pumpkin Patch and one day we had this asian woman come in who we knew always tried to steal stuff. It was pretty busy on Thursday night but we had one of the girls in the shop following her and watching her like a hawk anyway she had around $300 worth of stuff or more in her hands which she kept trying to shove into her bag, so the sales assistant came up and politely took it to the counter for her. She had to pay for all the stuff and the clothes she managed to put in her bag because we checked it. The sales assistant decided to be a bitch back and swapped screens on the computer to print a completely different receipt which she then put in the bag and the lady left. Around an hour later we get a call from BJ store saying that there is a lady trying to return all the clothes but 'we gave her the wrong receipt' so we explained the situation and she couldn't return it :cool: serves her right!!!

Dr.Chau

Banned
HSC
*Baby-K* said:
I used to work at Pumpkin Patch and one day we had this asian woman come in who we knew always tried to steal stuff. It was pretty busy on Thursday night but we had one of the girls in the shop following her and watching her like a hawk anyway she had around $300 worth of stuff or more in her hands which she kept trying to shove into her bag, so the sales assistant came up and politely took it to the counter for her. She had to pay for all the stuff and the clothes she managed to put in her bag because we checked it. The sales assistant decided to be a bitch back and swapped screens on the computer to print a completely different receipt which she then put in the bag and the lady left. Around an hour later we get a call from BJ store saying that there is a lady trying to return all the clothes but 'we gave her the wrong receipt' so we explained the situation and she couldn't return it :cool: serves her right!!!
that's a bit slack though don't you think?

what if the lady was heaps poor and the only way she could put clothes on her children's back was to steal?

*Baby-K*

HSC
Dr.Chau said:
that's a bit slack though don't you think?

what if the lady was heaps poor and the only way she could put clothes on her children's back was to steal?
She wasn't poor, the ironic thing is that every single person that tried to steal something were not poor and it was obvious by the way they dressed

Maybe it was slack but the bottom line is - don't steal- it's a crime!

And also lets pretend she was poor- stealing would be last resort, so is it essential to steal over $300 worth of stuff? or would a pair of pants, shoes and a top do?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)