• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Rules for Customers (1 Viewer)

Evilo

HSC
melonkitten said:
thats pretty deceptive

yes, its very misleading
tbh i think its fair enough - they look at you like you should automatically know whether they're chq/sav/cr..

AS previosuly mentioned before, i think there should be discount cards for good customers - however to get the full discount you have to get 3 different workers to sign the card. Also the card can be easily confiscated by staff. That would encorage good shoppers.

P

pLuvia

townie said:
if your going to be lazy and not swipe your card and just thrust it in my face, then at least either tell me what account it is, or even better, answer my question "is that savings, credit or cheque?" otherwise i will decide for you.

also, the next customer to put their money on the counter instead of my waiting hand will have their change put on the counter as well
Our hands are too dirty for them, but I fully agree with you on that second point.

alez

feel like an angel
HSC
Dont try and put ridiculously small amounts on your credit card either. And if I say we have a min amount for eftpos dont just stand there and sigh at me. Thats not gunna help much
Went to maccas today and some chick before me put 50c on her credit card. like srsly

HSC
alez said:
Dont try and put ridiculously small amounts on your credit card either. And if I say we have a min amount for eftpos dont just stand there and sigh at me. Thats not gunna help much
Went to maccas today and some chick before me put 50c on her credit card. like srsly
ahaha, i once put a bag of lollies which were $1.50 on my keycard. :)

greekgun

HSC
townie said:
if your going to be lazy and not swipe your card and just thrust it in my face, then at least either tell me what account it is, or even better, answer my question "is that savings, credit or cheque?" otherwise i will decide for you.

also, the next customer to put their money on the counter instead of my waiting hand will have their change put on the counter as well
Im sick of this bullshit. We shouldnt have to pick up there chump change and crumbled up notes of the bench. They should just put it in our hand. And if they have a problem with touching our hands they can drop it in. Same with the damn eftpos they can swipe it themesleves. Theres a god dam picture on the machine and they still want us to do it.

For now on, whenever a customer puts money on the bench im just going to leave my hand open and wait for them to pick it up and put it in my hand. Same with the eftpos, when they try giving it to me ill just say go ahead and swipe it.

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
melonkitten said:
thats pretty deceptive

yes, its very misleading

lol .
i get it!

and townie..
i will do that from now on :)
good idea

EDIT:
i actually prefer swiping the card
customers are too slow most of the time

CharlieB

?uestlove
HSC
why do people who work at coles/woolies always whinge about people who don't swipe their own cards?

whats the big deal? I do all that shopping and when i get to the checkout i cbf'd swiping my own card, your a cashier - its your job.

I work in retail aswell and i swipe cards for customers. I find its quicker, and it stops people from putting their credit cards away before i can check signatures.

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
Yeah, I don't get that whole "swipe it yourself thing". After I swipe I tend to put my credit card in my wallet so I don't lose it.
Then they want to see a fucking signature. Get fucked. Wanna see my signature? Swipe my fucking card bitch.

Anyway, rule for customers;
Don't place a booking and then cancel it after I've drawn up paperwork.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
Pretty sure when I worked at woolies I was told we aren't allowed to swipe someone's card :S Eh, maybe I got it wrong, I never did it for anyone though :D

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Oh here's another one - if you book in for a cruise, I tell you the price, you agree, I get your CC details and start the transaction, don't tell me THEN that "oh I have a discount thingie".

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
we try avoid swiping cards as much as possible because if we don't touch it, we can't be accused of stealing it/doing something dodgy with it.

that, DANLOL, is why we dont want to swipe them

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
the card thing is ambiguous

most ppl are happy to do it themselves

some ppl don't care, just hold it out and u can take it or let them do it themselves (i try to let them do it in this case)

some ppl prefer u to do it coz they're not sure how or don't want to

and then some (usually old) ppl would be deeply offended at the notion of doing it themselves and make it known that that's the case by giving you death stares if you don't pick it up immediately

which means if someone holds it out sort of halfway between the machine and ur body it's completely unclear if they want u to take it or not

so the technique is to bring up the 'swipe card' message on the pinpad and give it a second, check their body language and then take it or let them do it :D

HSC
em_516 said:
Pretty sure when I worked at woolies I was told we aren't allowed to swipe someone's card :S Eh, maybe I got it wrong, I never did it for anyone though :D
We're not 'allowed' to either. Most of the cashiers actually had to sign forms stating that they wouldn't touch cards, let alone press cheque/savings/credit. Although I've never seen, nor signed this document, so I'm just relying on what everyone else is 'supposed' to do.

Evilo

HSC
It annoys me when someone presses the cancel button instead of the "ok" button when swiping their credit card.

It's not that hard - green = ok, red = cancel (if you can't read)

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
babikakez said:
We're not 'allowed' to either. Most of the cashiers actually had to sign forms stating that they wouldn't touch cards, let alone press cheque/savings/credit. Although I've never seen, nor signed this document, so I'm just relying on what everyone else is 'supposed' to do.
if they asked me to sign that i'd ask how the hell i was supposed to serve the quadriplegic guy anymore

Evilo

HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
if they asked me to sign that i'd ask how the hell i was supposed to serve the quadriplegic guy anymore
He should have a minder - wait... how the fuck is he doing shopping anyway?

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
alez said:
I am the type of person that does this.
Is there a sign up... there has to be a sign up for minimum eftpos

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
In the deli:

If i ask "How can I help you?" Don't just ignore me and leave me to stand there feeling dumb. If u haven't made up ur mind, say so and I'll get back to you.

And if i walk away because you're not answering me, don't fuckign call me back when i start to put on my glove to slice the meat.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
Evilo said:
It annoys me when someone presses the cancel button instead of the "ok" button when swiping their credit card.

It's not that hard - green = ok, red = cancel (if you can't read)
Hahah is that a common issue? I've never heard of that one haha.

I have a really bad habit of asking for cash out and then pushing credit because most of my transactions I put on credit, and then of course it doesn't work! I do apologise about it and explain that I always do it but I'm pretty sure you cashiers just think I'm a total douche. :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)