• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Rules for Customers (9 Viewers)

Dr.Chau

Banned
HSC
*Baby-K* said:
She wasn't poor, the ironic thing is that every single person that tried to steal something were not poor and it was obvious by the way they dressed

Maybe it was slack but the bottom line is - don't steal- it's a crime!

And also lets pretend she was poor- stealing would be last resort, so is it essential to steal over $300 worth of stuff? or would a pair of pants, shoes and a top do?
maybe she was stealing shit for her whole family?

seriously though, if i saw someone stealing shit from my store, and i wasn't sure of their circumstances, i'd let them do it. but then again, im a softie and it sometimes works against me.

*Baby-K*

HSC
Dr.Chau said:
maybe she was stealing shit for her whole family?

seriously though, if i saw someone stealing shit from my store, and i wasn't sure of their circumstances, i'd let them do it. but then again, im a softie and it sometimes works against me.
To be quite honest the woman had a phsycological problem- cliptomania or whatever it's called (the one that makes u steal), her husband was the one who dobbed her in by bringing in a picture of her and letting us know that she has stolen from us before and asked us to stop her. She only had one daughter (the one on the picture). So no, she wasn't poor and she didn't have 6 children to dress.
But seriously if you were the shop owner would you let someone take $300 out of your profit?:eek:

Dr.Chau

Banned
HSC
*Baby-K* said:
To be quite honest the woman had a phsycological problem- cliptomania or whatever it's called (the one that makes u steal), her husband was the one who dobbed her in by bringing in a picture of her and letting us know that she has stolen from us before and asked us to stop her. She only had one daughter (the one on the picture). So no, she wasn't poor and she didn't have 6 children to dress.
But seriously if you were the shop owner would you let someone take $300 out of your profit?:eek:
She's got a mental problem! Wouldn't it have been better if you quitely took the clothes away from her and threatened to call the cops if she did steal again?

If it were my shop, I wouldn't let her steal the clothes, but I'd probably just offer to sell them to her at cost price.

*Baby-K*

HSC
Dr.Chau said:
She's got a mental problem! Wouldn't it have been better if you quitely took the clothes away from her and threatened to call the cops if she did steal again?

If it were my shop, I wouldn't let her steal the clothes, but I'd probably just offer to sell them to her at cost price.
Pumpkin Patch was already quite cheap besides when she had the clothes taken off her and put on the counter we didn't force her to pay. You wouldn't imagine how many people actually grab a massive pile of clothes and then just leave 'to get money out' and never come back :mad: it used to frustrate me so much!

greekgun

HSC
Dr.Chau said:
that's a bit slack though don't you think?

what if the lady was heaps poor and the only way she could put clothes on her children's back was to steal?
That doesnt give someone the right to steal from others.
And if she was really that poor that she needed to steal, then she could have gotten help from charities and such (like salvos and shit.).

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
greekgun said:
And if she was really that poor that she needed to steal, then she could have gotten help from charities and such (like salvos and shit.).
agreed

Evilo

HSC
greekgun said:
+1 amen brother!

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
This happened when i was at work with mum the other day (she is a bread merchandiser)

When i am pushing twenty crates on the trolley and it can't fit through cos your trolley is there, instead of watching to see if i can get it through move your trolley over.

Evilo

HSC
emytaylor164 said:
This happened when i was at work with mum the other day (she is a bread merchandiser)

When i am pushing twenty crates on the trolley and it can't fit through cos your trolley is there, instead of watching to see if i can get it through move your trolley over.
hahaha i've had that happen to me - they look at you blankly like "oh i wonder if he can make it!" and all they have to do is move the trolley

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
I know, i don't even get paid for it either, i just go occasionally and help out mum, i don't expect anything in return she does enough for me:)

Boxes

Banned
HSC
emytaylor164 said:
I know, i don't even get paid for it either, i just go occasionally and help out mum, i don't expect anything in return she does enough for me:)
Ohhhhhh, that's soo nice of you!

/Sarcasm

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Boxes said:
Ohhhhhh, that's soo nice of you!

/Sarcasm
oh leave her alone it's a nice thing to do.

I had the weirdest lady on the phone at work on friday. She was...I don't know, she sounded mentally unbalanced or something.

Me: Good morning may I speak with [name] please?
Her: WHO?
Me: [name]
Her: [indistinct mumbling] she's not here
Me: That's fine, is there another time I could contact her?
Her: Whut whut who are you looking [indistinct]
Me: I'm looking for [name]. Is she available?
Her: You know sometime my brain I don't know I don't remember
Me: Beg your pardon?
Her: JUST YOU REMEMBER FOR ME I SAID [indistinct yelling something about going to the shops] NO REMEMBER, LIKE WITH THE COLGATE [???]
Me: Er, if I've caught you at a bad time I can call back later.
Her: who you want
Her: Yeah that's me
Me: Okay, great. I'm calling from [place] regarding [thing] -
Her: [more yelling] HAHDFDOWJKSJHA T q394
Me: ...

It went on for like ten minutes and then I just said "uh okay well thanks for your time, enjoy the rest of your day" and hung up. Senile old women shouldn't be allowed to answer phone calls :/ lol

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:

I had the weirdest lady on the phone at work on friday. She was...I don't know, she sounded mentally unbalanced or something.

Her: JUST YOU REMEMBER FOR ME I SAID [indistinct yelling something about going to the shops] NO REMEMBER, LIKE WITH THE COLGATE [???]

It went on for like ten minutes and then I just said "uh okay well thanks for your time, enjoy the rest of your day" and hung up. Senile old women shouldn't be allowed to answer phone calls :/ lol
lol. that would be intresting.

greekgun

HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:

hahaha. Man that would be one funny convo - i would have been laughing so hard.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Here's some for the whale-watching industry.

- Don't call us randomly and go "oh yeah we didn't see any whales, we'd like a full refund" when the date you gave us was one in which we DID see whales, and you have no ticket reference. And then threaten to call the authorities. Puhleese.
- If we tell you "the best place to be if you get sea sick is on the bottom deck outside", we mean it. No really. I don't like getting thrown up on by a seasick asian toddler from a storey up.
- We don't refund for seasickness or bad weather. That policy is clearly on our website.
- In the middle of the season, don't get angry because you've shown up at the boarding time not having pre-booked, and we're full. No, we can't fit you on, we have a max pax for the boat.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
some people love to whinge. even though they know they are in the wrong and there'd be no way you will change your mind - it is just the way they are brought up, always having things their way. i see it so often, nowadays i'd just go into a conversation with them as if i care. i suggest you guys try it, goes like this,

the client: whinge whinge whinge.
you: i am sorry but that's just the company policy.
client: more whinging, something about flexibility.
you: ok, so what do you suggest?
client: (thinks you're actually interested) proceeds with suggestions for about 5min.
you: right, you know you should put that in writing and send it to our head office.

what tends to happen is the guy turns out to be all talk and walks away annoyed as hell, and you still managed to get a good laugh and protect your/company's rep.

greekgun

HSC
wuddie said:
some people love to whinge. even though they know they are in the wrong and there'd be no way you will change your mind - it is just the way they are brought up, always having things their way. i see it so often, nowadays i'd just go into a conversation with them as if i care. i suggest you guys try it, goes like this,

the client: whinge whinge whinge.
you: i am sorry but that's just the company policy.
client: more whinging, something about flexibility.
you: ok, so what do you suggest?
client: (thinks you're actually interested) proceeds with suggestions for about 5min.
you: right, you know you should put that in writing and send it to our head office.

what tends to happen is the guy turns out to be all talk and walks away annoyed as hell, and you still managed to get a good laugh and protect your/company's rep.
Hahaha. Funny cuz its true, most of the customers that complain, complain for the sake of complaining rather then complaining to get their point across.

Nashie

Ace up my sleeve
HSC
Holy shit, it has been like 23 pages since i last posted in this thread, my new job must be agreeing with me! (wheres that rules for staff thread tho....)

just a annoyingly stupid one today not a nasty whorebag one...

if you have called me and I answer, there is no need to say "hello it's {name} on the phone"
Quite simply its pretty obvious, I mean there is a small *lol* chance that you are in the phone not on it but the honey I shrunk the kids movies were a long time ago

seriously just wanted to say "holy shit" or even a less dramatic "yes you are" to point out the absurdity

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
if your going to be lazy and not swipe your card and just thrust it in my face, then at least either tell me what account it is, or even better, answer my question "is that savings, credit or cheque?" otherwise i will decide for you.

also, the next customer to put their money on the counter instead of my waiting hand will have their change put on the counter as well

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)