Rules for Customers (1 Viewer)

Mark-AJ

Ncc Tardis
HSC
Especially when you've got drunks coming in, not caring what the hell it is, as long as it's somewhat edible... Honestly, I reckon the food just gets worse in the city after 1am...

sf_diegoxrock

HSC
6am starts are good, I'd much rather get all 6-2s for a week than the 12-8s I'm currently getting
I've been doing 5am - 1pm starts, the morning kills me but at 12:30pm, I'm whoo-hoo'ing that I have the rest of the day :)

Yeah 12pm starts eat into your entire day.

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
If you feel like hurling abuse at me, calling me a cunt, a liar, a bitch, an idiot or all of the above you get three chances to calm your ass down and listen to me before I hang up on you. That's it.
you work in a call centre?

At my call centre the calls arent recorded.

As soon as i sense a customer is getting angry, i shut the phone. I can't be bothered repeating "i dont make the prices" for the 50 000th time..

Last edited:

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
you work in a call centre?

At my call centre the calls arent recorded.

As soon as i sense a customer is getting angry, i shut the phone. I can't be bothered repeating "i dont make the prices" for the 50 000th time..
We don't get recorded either but it's an open plan office and I sit pretty near my manager so I wouldn't want him to overhear me hanging up on someone without a pretty good reason which is why I warn the customer before I do it. Most of them back down once they realise they're not talking to a pushover.

And omg totally agree about not setting the prices/making the rules/etc. Although I think I must be a bit strange or something, I get a weird buzz out of arguing with those people...the ruder they are to me the more I take pleasure in arguing back and saying no. I hate having to disappoint nice customers, but with shit ones I do not care. It adds a bit of spice to the shift I guess.

yoddle

is cool
HSC
oh yes.

its so good telling a rude, eye-rolling customer that no, they're not getting their mud cake for free and in fact they did look at the wrong ticket and putting on my evil smile.
i hate it when the rude ones are in the right.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
ha, the funniest thing is when they demand to speak to people who are so high up in the company they probably don't even deal with customers about anything ever.

this lady called today and the first thing out of her mouth was "hello dear, can you put me through to the CEO please". Obviously I was like er, who are you/what's it about and she got really snippy with me like I was prying into her personal life and said she wanted to make a complaint. I told her I'd take the feedback and give it to my supervisor for resolution which is the usual process where I work and she's like no I want to speak with the CEO lol. I said well, you can speak to my supervisor if you don't want to talk to me. Nope, gotta be the freaking CEO.

well for starters afaik the CEO is in america or england or some shit and I don't even know who it is and secondly even if he was in our office there's no way I'm gonna bother someone like that with someone's random complaint.

turned out she wanted to return some faulty product *facepalm* like far out who does she think she is. she was one of those old ladies that sound really sweet and lovely but are stubborn and evil underneath and would definitely trip you with their walking stick to get to something they wanted. Evil.

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
ha, the funniest thing is when they demand to speak to people who are so high up in the company they probably don't even deal with customers about anything ever.

this lady called today and the first thing out of her mouth was "hello dear, can you put me through to the CEO please". Obviously I was like er, who are you/what's it about and she got really snippy with me like I was prying into her personal life and said she wanted to make a complaint. I told her I'd take the feedback and give it to my supervisor for resolution which is the usual process where I work and she's like no I want to speak with the CEO lol. I said well, you can speak to my supervisor if you don't want to talk to me. Nope, gotta be the freaking CEO.

well for starters afaik the CEO is in america or england or some shit and I don't even know who it is and secondly even if he was in our office there's no way I'm gonna bother someone like that with someone's random complaint.

turned out she wanted to return some faulty product *facepalm* like far out who does she think she is. she was one of those old ladies that sound really sweet and lovely but are stubborn and evil underneath and would definitely trip you with their walking stick to get to something they wanted. Evil.
lol.

I get some very dumb customers.
Like the place i work we need to recharge international phone cards, this customer gave me all her details, credit card number, expiry date, confirmation digits, first and last name, the name of her bank etc.

I need to record down her address because we've had large ammounts of fraud lately. and she's like "i dont feel safe giving out my address..." i just hit my head against the wall, IVE GOT HER FREAKN CREDIT CARD NUMBER and DETAILS, if i wanted to commit fraud heck i couldve stolen $30 000 by now. and she keeps complaining and complaining "this is not how things are supposed to be done" after 10-15 mins of telling her that we keep it for security reasons...

She shuts the phone....

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
We don't get recorded either but it's an open plan office and I sit pretty near my manager so I wouldn't want him to overhear me hanging up on someone without a pretty good reason which is why I warn the customer before I do it. Most of them back down once they realise they're not talking to a pushover.

And omg totally agree about not setting the prices/making the rules/etc. Although I think I must be a bit strange or something, I get a weird buzz out of arguing with those people...the ruder they are to me the more I take pleasure in arguing back and saying no. I hate having to disappoint nice customers, but with shit ones I do not care. It adds a bit of spice to the shift I guess.
Do you get customers like we do threatening to complain to "ASIC and the ACCC"

Its amazing how many people think they can scare me into giving them free credit by doing that.... They think im as dumb as they are.

erm

HSC
@ omium and cosmic....how hard is it to get these call centre jobs? Do they usually require experience? and how flexible are they?

cheers.:wave:

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
@ omium and cosmic....how hard is it to get these call centre jobs? Do they usually require experience? and how flexible are they?

cheers.:wave:
My one is extremely flexible, i just had my exams, i told my supervisor to put me on for 1 shift... i got that one shift and let my friend take it :).

Usually as soon as you get an interview.... you've got the job. its just a matter of getting the interview thats the hard part, make sure you got a good cover letter and a good resume.

(I advise to send your email/letter twice just to make sure that they read it)

yoddle

is cool
HSC

hahahaha that's so funny!
some people are so dumb
thats like someone ringing up my woolworths and asking me to put michael luscombe on.

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
CUSTOMERS- no fucking plastic bags for a fucking newspaper. BE A MAN and carry it
DO NOT ask to put your shit in our bin. we are not a rubbish recepticle, there is a fucking bin outside the shop.
DO NOT OPEN YOUR PACKS OF CIGGARETTES THEN THROW THE WRAPPING ON THE FLOOR you dirty people.

FUCK that was an awesome rant
/rant

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Do you get customers like we do threatening to complain to "ASIC and the ACCC"

Its amazing how many people think they can scare me into giving them free credit by doing that.... They think im as dumb as they are.
All the time, "I'm taking this to the department of fair trading", "I'm taping this conversation", "I'll go to the press" LOL

doesn't change the fact that you aren't getting a refund for a product that's been out of warranty for 5 years and probably just needs the batteries changed anyway.

I wanna work at fair trading/accc etc. The calls you'd get would be so hilarious if any of these people actually followed through with their threats

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
if ppl don't tell me what they wanna do, i start guessing (there's only like 5 or 6 possibilities anyway)

coz sometimes they stare at me and i go "what can i halp u wif" and they keep staring

and if i guess wrong they're like "NO!" in that rly angry crazy mum voice

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
I was asked to put a Gaming PC into a plastic bag once.

greekgun

HSC
Fuck i hate customer service. Had some stupid groupy bogan whore coming up to me in coles today asking me if Hamish and Andy were at my coles because she heard they were working at coles northland supermarket. I told her wat the fuck no. Then she procedeed to fall down to the ground and cry. Seroiusly wtf?! Y do these bogans have to impact our lives so much?

Last edited:

Boxes

Banned
HSC
Woolworths worker here:

- Don't come to me and ask me to serve you! Don't you think I have better things to do?

Fuck I hate customers. Sooo annoying.

Crashy19

HSC
-dont tell my your ready to order your meal and take forever deciding on food when im standing at your table ready.

YES!
at the deli, when they have been frustrated because you are in there by yourself and there is ONE customer in front of you, dont then take ages! MORE people are waiting and get angry at me NOT YOU because im not fast enough. You colud have been standing there looking at the window instead of whinging that i am the only one serving!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)