Rules for Customers (1 Viewer)

greekgun

HSC
Rules for Coles:

1) IF YOU WANT TO MAKE A COMPLAINT... MAKE IT TO THE MANAGER. Not to me, the casual service girl who is at work 4-12 hours a week who has never even met the manager, but to the person who makes the decisions.

3) Do not assume that this is either a) My full-time job, b) My life calling or c) Anything other than a casual position. I DO NOT want to climb up the ranks, turn it into a career or any of the kind. I am here for my fourteen bucks an hour, and my occasional bonuses.
There the best rules ive ever seen. I rekon getting complaints which olbviously should be directed at managment and not the random casual worker is the most annoying thing ever. Especially when they interupt when were serving another customer by waving their hands infront of our faces.

jennieTalia

HSC
There the best rules ive ever seen. I rekon getting complaints which olbviously should be directed at managment and not the random casual worker is the most annoying thing ever. Especially when they interupt when were serving another customer by waving their hands infront of our faces.

Hahaha glad you approve. Absolutely LOLing at your dp btw hahahahaahahaha :p

jennieTalia

HSC
ahh coolies. Another westie.

Seven Hills Woolies over here. You work at rouse hill shopping centre?

Hahaha nup, Castle Hill. I started working before the Coles at RH was open *evil glare*.
Kind of want to transfer though!

Hahahaha does it suck at woolies?

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Hahaha nup, Castle Hill. I started working before the Coles at RH was open *evil glare*.
Kind of want to transfer though!

Hahahaha does it suck at woolies?
haha coolies, that's gotta be like a 20-30minute drive from my place.

And yes it does suck. currently 5-30am and i have work in 30mins ;o

jennieTalia

HSC
haha coolies, that's gotta be like a 20-30minute drive from my place.

Holy Fuck, that's an early shift.
I have to work at ten tomorrow and I was scowling hahahaha!
Have fun, hope it isn't too awful!
xo

DownInFlames

Token Member
where I spend the vast majority of my time
HSC
I just hate customers. I wish no stores ever had them - they're all selfish and never care about the fact that none of us waiters/waitresses don't care what you think/do/whether you're going to eat here or not/or whether you'll ever come back. In fact I'd rather you don't come back because seriously to clean up your pile of leftovers is utterly disgusting that I want to make you eat my dog's puke.

lol sounds like you should NOT be working in customer service.

My worst ever customer was one who made a racist comment to me about a black family who were standing like one metre away from the counter, and the mother of the family promptly took her kids out of the shop. I was pretty pissed off about that.
This same woman's also tried to shoplift stuff by putting an item within another item, hidden underneath the packaging so that obvs she feigned ignorance when I removed the newspaper and found it.

Also on my first shift of work, she acted all confused about my adding up/cash register skills, I said "so that comes to $14" and she tried to hand me $7, I repeated myself, and she's like "yes, $7." I wouldn't accept her cash and kept the bag, so she told me her calculations and I pointed out she had missed an item in that. Then she goes "Ah, I see... haha you're just as bad as me!" like the confusion was originally my fault or something. Nasty piece of work. It's soooo not nice to try and confuse the noob.

So in short: Don't be a fucking bitch to staff and other customers, and don't try to pay less than you owe. Also, don't insult the staff's intelligence by trying to get away with this bullshit by acting all senile at appropriate moments. We aren't fooled.

Last edited:

greekgun

HSC

Who the hell shops at 5:30am? Who the hell wakes up at 5:30 am. And most importantly who the hell says yes to a shift starting at 5:30am? i would have told the shift manager to go fuck herself if she told me to start a shift at that time. Man i feel sorry 4 u. I hope there paying u abit extra for starting so early.

DownInFlames said:
So in short: Don't be a fucking bitch to staff and other customers, and don't try to pay less than you owe. Also, don't insult the staff's intelligence by trying to get away with this bullshit by acting all senile at appropriate moments. We aren't fooled.
Another golden rule.

Craven

HSC
Me too. The people who will squabble about a couple of the dollars are the ones who will pay wou with a wad of $100s or their Super Gold Platinum AMEX and the ones who just let it slide are usually the ones who scrounge around to try and find change in their wallet.
Haha, maybe that's why they're so rich... it all adds up :p

This thread is massive! But very entertaining... some rules I go by which have undoubtedly been said before but ah well:
- If I am holding my hand out waiting for you to give me your money, don't ignore my hand and plunk it down on the bench. If you do this, I will also ignore your waiting hand and place your change on the bench.
- Don't ask me if I'm going to open more registers at 8pm at night... also, if there's only a couple of registers open don't start complaining that we have 16 registers so why aren't they all open... why would we have them all open just to serve 2 people... stupid!
- Don't talk on the phone while you are being served...
- If I bother to ask you how you are going, don't ignore me... likewise, don't get upset that I haven't asked you how you are going, it's enough that I'm serving you. And don't answer a question with a question!

Bags:
- Don't ask for a bag for one small thing that can EASILY fit into your oversized handbag
- Don't ask for a bag and then make the excuse "because I am going into another store" - that's what your receipt is for!
- Don't say that you bought this somewhere else and use the fact that its already in a plastic bag as your proof of purchase
- Don't ask for an (express) bag for your 8pk toilet paper roll.. WHY DO YOU NEED A BAG!? It doesn't even fit!

- Don't ask "do you sell recharges?" when there are signs EVERYWHERE saying "Phone recharge available at every register!"
- If you're buying a recharge make sure you specify EXACTLY what you want, because I am not refunding it if you told me Optus $10 and I give you the phone top-up when you wanted broadband.. get fucked!

- Don't tell me I don't know our own policies. Don't bring your husband along and declare that he used to be a store manager and then refer to him to check if what I am saying is correct.. chances are our policies have changed since he was a store manager or he never knew them in the first place.

- If we don't have something, don't ask me why we don't but another store does.... go there and get it and no we will not order it in! Also... if it's a produce item don't complain that our bananas are more expensive than the ones at the store down the road - go there!

- If you have to pay for some things separately, tell me first.. don't snap at me OR SLAP MY HAND because I pick up something you put on the bench but you don't want to pay for in the order.

- Put things back where they belong! If you can't be bothered doing that, at least put cold things back in the fridge... don't dump your unwanted meat in the chip aisle. And don't put things back in the wrong spot (when it's 30cm away from the correct spot) right in front of me, and then abuse me if I tell you that's not where it goes.

- Don't bring things up to the checkout and tell me you don't want them any more - put it back yourself. ALSO, if you want a replacement because something is not to your standard (but is still in saleable condition) get it your fucking self. If you forgot to get something, don't ask the operator to go get it for you.

- Don't line up, unpack half the trolley, then run off and grab 5 other things. You're holding everyone up.

- From a supervisor's point of view, for fucks sake, don't ALL come to the checkout at once and then complain I don't have enough staff 30 minutes after opening. If you would just work together and stagger your shopping there wouldn't be any need to wait at the checkout. But unfortunately, life doesn't work like that.

- Don't tell me that if you don't get your way you will go to Coles. I don't care! They can have you. And don't tell me that "they do it at Coles/IGA" - go there! This is Woolworths, we do things differently.

- Don't give me your fly buys card. Or ask me what shop you are in. How can you not know!?

I'm sure I'll have plenty more after working all day tomorrow.

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
holy fuck some of you people need to chill out, seriously

anyway um.... when people are at the bar and its busy and they either a) havent decided what they want, or b) start ordering stuff then part way through their order decide to turn around and strike up a conversation/dance with/etc the person behind them, really fucking annoying.

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
oh and yeah, woolworths dude above me, you cunts need to fucking stock those mini bags of microwave popcorn and um.... your range of pasta and bottled water leaves a lot to be desired

greekgun

HSC
oh and yeah, woolworths dude above me, you cunts need to fucking stock those mini bags of microwave popcorn and um.... your range of pasta and bottled water leaves a lot to be desired
Dude fuck off and go to ur local woolworths and tell the stock manager there about wat items u would like in store. He aint a stock manager, grocery manager or anything like that.

zeromq

HSC
N/A
Some people come to our store and ask for price matches eg "myers sells this ipod for $300 but you sell it for 320$, do you do price match?" Yes we do, but why the fuk come here to get it for cheaper when you can clearly just get it from myers, that's so fuking retarded.

Dont ask me where SPECIFIC items are, like "where is the size 2 bonds t-shirt" where the fuk do you think it'll be, when you walk into the store all the clothing is on the right handside (and you can see it when you walk in, go check yourself)

Don't make an associate go get a replacement for you if you know that the item was broken in the first place, they get pissed for me calling them and other people get pissed for you holding up the line. If you know something is broken and it's not on the shelf then don't fuking take it, we are not even going to bother to try and find it at the back through thousands of boxes. No point in getting pissed because wwhat I tell you is what the recovery associate will tell you.
Once this woman came in with a broken storage box (and she told me before I started the transaction) and she was like, can you tell someone to get another for me, so I said, "it's best if you go get it yourself" but she refused so I just paged someone which (thankfully) took a long time for them to come, and eventually when he did come he got another box that was broken (lol) so I said the same thing again and she personally went to get another (fuking serves her right)

When I ask you if your credit card has a pin, a simple yes or no is suffice don't go TRYING to correct me by saying "it's a credit card, THERE ARE NO PIN", I wouldn't fuking ask if there wasn't one

Don't get an item with no barcode on it and tell me, it's not like I know the price or keycode of that specific product, you are going to have to wait for someone to come check the price. I don't give a shit if you are in a hurry, I'm not a robot.

Don't get pissed at me because I don't know where EVERY single shop is in the shopping centre, I work here and here only. I don't work FOR the shopping centre.

Don't get pissed at me if we run out of your cigarettes and then say the same thing happened last week, that doesn't make the cigarettes come back and nor do I give a shit

If you don't give me your everyday reward card I'm not going to ask, only if I feel like asking or if you are a nice customer. Also regarding this, after the transaction is done and it's your own fault for not giving me the card don't get angry because I didn't ask and besides if it is below $30 it's basically useless, the chance of you winning a prize is 0.00000000000000000000001%.
If you are stupid to think the transactions accumulate, meaning if you buy $15 twice then think you will get a fuel voucher you are fucking stupid.
ANd no I'm not going to refund your transaction just for the stupid fuel voucher you cheap cunt. Think about it, you only save about $2 each time you go feel up, that's offset by you trying to make up the $30

Otherwise, most customers are quite nice :)

HSC
回复: Re: Rules for Customers

Far out, I work at least 36 hours a week at woolies and yeah I have some stuff to complain about, but some of you are just fucking whingers, calm down.

sparkerasp

HSC
Some people come to our store and ask for price matches eg "myers sells this ipod for $300 but you sell it for 320$, do you do price match?"
In your example, I would've just gone to Myer. The place I work at does price beating so there is a point in coming back to our store, lol.
When I ask you if your credit card has a pin, a simple yes or no is suffice don't go TRYING to correct me by saying "it's a credit card, THERE ARE NO PIN", I wouldn't fuking ask if there wasn't one
True.
Don't get an item with no barcode on it and tell me, it's not like I know the price or keycode of that specific product
True again.
Otherwise, most customers are quite nice :)
Which is also true :)

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
zeromq said:
Some people come to our store and ask for price matches eg "myers sells this ipod for $300 but you sell it for 320$, do you do price match?" Yes we do, but why the fuk come here to get it for cheaper when you can clearly just get it from myers, that's so fuking retarded.
It's not retarded. For one thing, they might've ran out of stock from myers. 2, if they bought from woolies/whatever they might have a wishgift card or somethign along the lines of that.

There are many varying factors (customer loyalty) that arise from price matching. Just because they ask if you price match does NOT mean they're retards. They're just consumers whoknow how to look around.

ishinova

HSC
- Don't tell me that if you don't get your way you will go to Coles. I don't care! They can have you. And don't tell me that "they do it at Coles/IGA" - go there! This is Woolworths, we do things differently.
Oh gosh we get the customers who come in and say
Why don't Safeway have enough registers open ever. Coles ALWAYS DO?
Well um logic would tell you shop there then and not bore me with your complaints.

ishinova

HSC
Rules:
Don't hand me your green bags after I have packed about 10 bags.

Customers, yes I know it sucks to be inside on a nice day. Please stop reminding me.

You want to know the price of your item, look at the screen 30 centimetres away from my head.

Don't pull tags from the displays and understand price checks have to be made by a store person, not you.

Pack your own bags if you don't like the way I am packing them.

Sorry can I leave this here? Well I guess you are no matter what I say

Can I have your phone number? No I am not a on call hoochie on the side. >Haha this is because I have had a couple of customers ask for my number, I am sure I am not the first to experience the sleazy pick up<

Yes I do say hi how are you about 200 times a day and always reply with good. Generic answers.

Haha just a few set of rules
oh well the joy that comes with customer service but what can you do?

jennieTalia

HSC
ONE THING ALL CUSTOMERS SHOULD REMEMBER:

I work at COLES as a CASUAL employee. I am not on commission. Losing your business means nothing to me. N.O.T.H.I.N.G. So if you come to my till to complain that we don't have [Insert "Obscure-foreign-sounding-brand"] at our store and will therefore be taking your "money elsewhere" I will ignore you, or at best nod my head in some sort of irritated acknowledgment. But it DOES NOT affect me.
In fact, you leaving, just made my whole day that little bit better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)