Rules for Customers (1 Viewer)

yoddle

is cool
HSC
yeah that sounds fair enough. just that my csm actually left the service desk last week to take someone to asian foods . so wasn't too sure what the requirement for that was, perhaps saying "halfway down aisle 7" is not good enough.
No you have to take them to the product every time, apaz it's been the rule forever but they only give a shit now because it's a mystery shopper question.

^ Haha, some lady called and said she was shortchanged $10 last THURSDAY.. wtf? Anyway, when we went back to check the results for last week turned out that till hadn't changed all week, haha.

The thing about green bags is they're actually WORSE for the environment because they take much longer to break down than plastic bags.
Oh em gee tell me about it, once before i was a 'visor this guy reckoned i didn't give him his fifty, and i was like fuck off i did, and i was like "check your wallet you minga" and he didn't, but then my CSM stepped in before it became physical and was half way through counting the drawer when he was looking through his wallet and suddenly said "oh actually, um, maybe this fifty here was it, no, um, don't worry about it". CSM called him a "fucking dickhead" behind his back.

NB: My language may have been exaggerated for the purpose of entertainment.

Re: green bags Craven, what a load of crap, much much less green bags are produced as opposed to plastic bags, they have a USEFUL lifespan exceedingly longer than plastic bags and can be pretty much used forever until they break, and breaking from fact but I'm probably right, plastic might be worse than the calico for ecology.

lacho95

HSC
i fucking hate the supre bags, but i also HATE when ppl pack all their green bags in a cooler bag, then give me all the cold stuff first, so i have to find somewhere to pur out their 50 something green bags ==[[ i usaully just put them all on the floor its a bad habit.
Oh, and yeah i heard those green cbags do take longer to break down but yeah what yoddle said they have a londer lifespan.

Kiim2507

HSC
Sorry I shouldn't be a bitch, I just think it's a crime of fashion. We have a running joke at school.
You realise I mean like sneaker sneakers not running shoes
If you meant sneaker sneakers then I have no idea what you're talking about because I think they look fine lol...what else are you supposed to wear sneakers with?
If you mean running shoes then I wholeheartedly agree...I think thats possibly the worst look ever.

Kiim2507

HSC
dude do you just like to bitch and moan about everything?

i like the green bags. they are easier to pack stuff into and you can fit much more. yes it slows you down but i like to pretend i'm playing tetris therefore making work more fun!

goodness gracious.
Isn't bitching and moaning the whole point of this topic/section lol

hotdimsim

HSC
I think this will cause debate, but if a charity calls you asking for donations then;
1. Don't bitch and moan about how i'm wasting your time. The people who need this money have more problems than you.
2. I raise money for kids with cancer. Explaining that you/a relative have/had cancer and can empathise with their situation IS NOT an excuse to not donate.
3. I'm unemployed/a pensioner/a single mum/any 'cant afford it' excuse does not work when i know im calling cremorne or richmond, well above middle class suburbs.
4. If your polite with me, then i'm polite with you and will probably let you go. Being a royal ass means i keep your details and make casual calls to you at 3am.
5. Trying to pull the "you give me your number and ill call you back" trick does not work. I WILL give you the number to the national appeals office, and will then call you back during my next shift to ask why you didnt.

Basically, if your civil to me, i'm civil to you, and will probably let you go. Being a c*nt wont help you.

These rules dont apply to telemarketer/telesales.

yoddle

is cool
HSC
You realise I mean like sneaker sneakers not running shoes
If you meant sneaker sneakers then I have no idea what you're talking about because I think they look fine lol...what else are you supposed to wear sneakers with?
If you mean running shoes then I wholeheartedly agree...I think thats possibly the worst look ever.
Oooooh. Sorry Tasmanians call running shoes 'sneakers'.
Misunderstanding. Is OK to acknowledge your existence now.

I think this will cause debate, but if a charity calls you asking for donations then;
1. Don't bitch and moan about how i'm wasting your time. The people who need this money have more problems than you.
2. I raise money for kids with cancer. Explaining that you/a relative have/had cancer and can empathise with their situation IS NOT an excuse to not donate.
3. I'm unemployed/a pensioner/a single mum/any 'cant afford it' excuse does not work when i know im calling cremorne or richmond, well above middle class suburbs.
4. If your polite with me, then i'm polite with you and will probably let you go. Being a royal ass means i keep your details and make casual calls to you at 3am.
5. Trying to pull the "you give me your number and ill call you back" trick does not work. I WILL give you the number to the national appeals office, and will then call you back during my next shift to ask why you didnt.

Basically, if your civil to me, i'm civil to you, and will probably let you go. Being a c*nt wont help you.

I had a bad experience with the Heart Foundation. She rang up and was all like, are you interested in helping out in the door knock appeal etc, and I wasn't because I was scared I'd have to door knock the various people who harrassed me at high school, and she got all huffy and was like "would you AT LEAST take a look at the info?", so I said OK because she was scary, under the impression that I was being sent an info pack. But then in the mail I got the bag and hat n shit and they'd allocated me streets and said that if i didn't do it then so-and-so would die (implied by emotional blackmail). I sent them a twenty dollar donation and asked never to be contacted by them again. Unlike my Dad who can't say 'No' and must trained about 476 guide dogs by now, judging by how many raffle books he gets.

HSC
we are not an information centre. don't get pissy when i can't direct you around the centre or i don't know where the post office is, that's not my job. there are two, count them, TWO information centres in the centre, this isn't one of them!!!

also, some stupid woman came in today, saying that her parking ticket wasn't working. i work in a 'bookstore'. quite different to 'parking station' as all rational human beings will notice. my manager said, 'we can't help you with that, you'll have to go to centre management'. she went all aggro, 'i've got kids to pick up!' WTF DO YOU WANT ME TO DO ABOUT IT? WE CANT HELP YOU JUST GO TO CENTRE MANAGEMENT LIKE HE FUCKING TOLD YOU. IF YOU HAVE KIDS TO PICK UP STOP WASTING YOUR TIME HERE FFS. she had this 'it's your fault, fix it' attitude which pisses me off. even if we weren't busy at the time, no store in the centre has anything to do with parking, any mongoloid would know that. i bet she probably just put the ticket in the wrong way or something, what a spack.

technically the people in the above groups aren't even customers, which is why i get annoyed with having to waste my time on them.

Kiim2507

HSC
please do not ask me to describe the taste of ANZAC biscuits you are in Australia and please do not ask me if we sell muffins at "Muffin Break" its not funny and also when i offer sugar please dont say no im sweet enough its not near funny the 20000th time
Just start thinking up funny/stupid things to reply to them then enjoy the look on their face when you shut them down.

groovygirl

HSC
1) I dont want to know your life story when I ask "Hi, how are you"
2) UNPACK YOUR BASKET
2a) PUT YOUR FKING BASKET ON THE FLOOR NOT LEAVE IT ON THE BELT OR DESK
3) When I ask for your Everyday Rewards card, do not say "No thanks" like I was offering you one, fuck sake.
4) Don't give me your FlyBys card kthx
5) Express means 15 items or LESS.
6) I'm standing there on the register looking at the roof bored, ofcourse I am fking open for god sakes! Would I be standing there if I was closed?
7) As soon as I finish your transaction, take your god damn bags out of my bagging area so I can put the next customers shit down, I will give you a very unimpressed look If you make me wait.
8) Stand close to the express desk when I am giving you the change, why make me lean over to give your your coins?
9) If you are on express, put your shit on the large bench right nex to me, not the small desk further away from me, why make me reach??

Woolworths has made me such a RAGED person!! grrr

i really like this, its so true to me as well, i have to deal with it and tell them "could you please put them on the conveyor belt" and i have to off the conveyor belt and make space on the conveyor belt for the customers to put their small groceries on like come on its not my job to put the on the conveyor belt/desk

my CSM made these small signs and stuck them aroud the outline of the touch screen "a smile doesnt cost anything", " talk to the customer : hi how are you?"
"ask customer for their evey day rewards card"

omg and few times i ask a customer if they have thier rewards card and they said " sorry we dont need any rewards" wtf

lacho95

HSC
i really like this, its so true to me as well, i have to deal with it and tell them "could you please put them on the conveyor belt" and i have to off the conveyor belt and make space on the conveyor belt for the customers to put their small groceries on like come on its not my job to put the on the conveyor belt/desk

my CSM made these small signs and stuck them aroud the outline of the touch screen "a smile doesnt cost anything", " talk to the customer : hi how are you?"
"ask customer for their evey day rewards card"

omg and few times i ask a customer if they have thier rewards card and they said " sorry we dont need any rewards" wtf
I agree with all of this. When people just put their basket on the conveyor without unloadin i usaully rip out of their grocerys and slamming them on the conveyor... they usaully get the point

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
I agree with all of this. When people just put their basket on the conveyor without unloadin i usaully rip out of their grocerys and slamming them on the conveyor... they usaully get the point
I'll ask them to unpack their basket nicely, if they don't, I will either:

a) tip it on the belt
b) unpack it manually, put it in tender mode (so they cant eft preswipe), then make them wait whilst I walk to the nearest basket rack.

B usually makes them understand :p

Voldemort

HSC

I don't care if you're phoning about charity or trying to sell me something. It's my house and I don't have to justify not wanting to donate my money to any charity. For all you know I might have donated 100$ just yesterday. It's your job to phone and ask for money not to judge people on whether or not they can afford it based on where they live.
Stop been so outraged and do your job.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC

Pretty sure Richmond is not "well above middle class", are we talking about the same place? lol

Don't take it personally and get all mad when people say no. Remember you are calling them not the other way around and most people aren't keen to give their personal bank/cc details over the phone to a random no matter what they say it's for. Plus you don't know the personal circumstances of the people you're calling.

Depends what you're trying to get out of them too. I'm always happy to make one off donations when I can but I don't have enough of a regular income to commit to a fixed amount per month or whatever, which in my experience is usually what they (charities) are most interested in. So yeah.

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
Pretty sure Richmond is not "well above middle class"

this.

richmond is a bogan paradise

heres another few rules for customers (things that actually happened today)...

-- when im in the middle of serving somebody else, dont run up to me waving a catalogue around, ask me where a product is and expect me to drop everything to find you to that product. Not only is it rude, but you can CLEARLY see im in the middle of something. So when i simply point in the general direction of the product, dont scoff and throw your arms up in the air!

-- when i ask "how are you?" dont fucking ignore me, have the decency to reply, otherwise ill just be a bitch to you. although i guess thats to be expected in the western suburbs.

-- If you want a product, i dont mind taking you to the shelf on which it is usually located, but if its not there, it means we dont have it in stock. dont waste fucking 15 minutes of my time by making me look all over the shop for the damn product when i keep telling you we dont have it in stock. I could have served at least another 10 customers during that time.

That seriously happened today... some lady spent an hour in the shop, dumping items on the counter one by one, then walking off to go get more... she wanted this particular product, which was out of stock, yet she made me search the whole damn shop for it.. of course i couldnt find it (BECAUSE IT WAS OUT OF STOCK) and so we had to do a special order for her :mad1:

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Don't be a stupid bitch and yank your loaf of light, fluffy, very LIGHT bread out of the bag because it will "bruise the nectarines" which you'd just said were priced incorrectly but refused my offer to check the price, and then argued with me that they're the cheapest they've been here so far this year.

You know, if you ever felt compelled to do that.

proringz

HSC
I work in service and I couldn't care less whether they leave it in the basket or unpack-depending on your height, it requires pretty much same effort getting from conveyer belt as getting from the basket. I'd actually rather them leave it in, especially in express.

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
I work in service and I couldn't care less whether they leave it in the basket or unpack-depending on your height, it requires pretty much same effort getting from conveyer belt as getting from the basket. I'd actually rather them leave it in, especially in express.
Yes, the problem is.... Baskets. They must be put down, baskets are not and should not go past you as a general rule. When a customer leaves a basket on the belt or bench, it creates mess and is not able to be put down on the floor easily. Reason being, other customers have come up and are blocking the bunch of baskets on the floor, so when you tell people to "put the basket on the ground please" they put it in the middle of the floor. hence why its such a fucking annoying problem, hence why i go around and put it on a rack myself.

bdude

HSC
I don't see the problem with people putting baskets on the belt, our express is even built to put a basket down with a groove for it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)