Rules for Customers (1 Viewer)

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
re ciel - certainly ma'm. more like 20 odd people a minute in the first couple of hours. ever heard of the turnstiles? yea, those stuff gets people in like a breeze. if you want more detail on my job description, pm me.

nonetheless, i must agree with cosmic, we are all different. in the end, what you do with your life is up to you. but through some of the comments people make here, i can see their meaning of work is vastly different to the reality, and customer service is certainly not for you.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
It's nice to see some civilised conversation between us whingers and wuddie.

Well done all!

I feel bad when I can't remember the name of a really nice, regular customer. I wish I was good with names! I mean I'm sure they don't expect me to remember their name since we have hundreds of regular customers, but I like it when I don't have to ask them.

T

Testpilot

Has anyone else noticed the irony of wuddie whinging about people whinging?

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
CieL said:
Well I guess that contributes to some of the differences..

I have to face one customer face to face for over 3 seconds.

I mean when I walk through the turnstiles, I have my ticket prepared, say hi or respond to a greeting and walk through.. what's something bad that can happen at a turnstile? The people who are walking through only want to get to their seats asap.. the person who is next to the turnstile or operating it is practically transparent.
ciel has a point. in regular retail/customer service jobs you actually have to engage with the customer and this is where problems can start...the only problems i can think of at a turnstile would be altercations with customers who don't have tickets, or push in or crowd the turnstile, and in those instances i'd be thinking security would handle it, not the turnstile operator him/herself... in retail jobs in particular problems can begin when a customer wants something that you cannot give, or complains about something beyond your control, or just simply doesnt understand register protocol, for lack of a better word (ie, stay in line, wait your turn, be polite), or lets their kids run rampant in the store and break things, or leaves clothes on the floor when they've been asked 78 times not to, or shoplifts, and so on. it can be stressful esp. when you can't do anything to help but the customer insists on abusing you. eg "bla bla prices too high" ... well what can i do about it besides sympathising and offering complaint avenues? nothing.

CieL

HSC
wuddie said:
re ciel - certainly ma'm. more like 20 odd people a minute in the first couple of hours. ever heard of the turnstiles? yea, those stuff gets people in like a breeze. if you want more detail on my job description, pm me.
Well I guess that contributes to some of the differences..

I have to face one customer face to face for over 3 seconds.

I mean when I walk through the turnstiles, I have my ticket prepared, say hi or respond to a greeting and walk through.. what's something bad that can happen at a turnstile? The people who are walking through only want to get to their seats asap.. the person who is next to the turnstile or operating it is practically transparent.

CieL

HSC
Testpilot said:
Has anyone else noticed the irony of wuddie whinging about people whinging?
I've said that about 30 pages ago.
Exactly that.

CieL

HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
\in retail jobs in particular problems can begin when a customer wants something that you cannot give, or complains about something beyond your control, or just simply doesnt understand register protocol
Yeah.. it's fk'd when customers don't understand how a business is run..

They often fail to understand that although service assistants are AT the front end, it doesn't mean we run the whole store. There are several sub-departments, several employees allocated to different tasks, and several managers which run each department.

In peak hour, ALL THE TIME at least one person will come up to me and TELL [not ask] me to open another checkout. I'm sorry darling, if we had the BUDGET I would of had another person rostered on and working. Do you really think I would like more workload upon myself? And besides, it's not MY fault that there's only 3 of us. My manager does the main roster.

There was this one time when a bogan woman was yelling and complaining to me about the queue. I couldnt do anything about it. I had all the staff the store budget allowed me to have, and we were all working flat out. Then out of nowhere, this other lady yells back at her:
"STOP yelling at her! It's not her fault, she is just doing her job. If you don't like it, talk to their manager but leave her alone".
She was an absolute gem!

But yeah.. like I was saying, customers expect front end to know everything in each department. But heck, I'm sorry, I'm standing at a register and I really don't know at what date xy meat expires. Don't chuck a fit at me because I don't know the expiration date of everything in the store.

There's so many other employees around. Ones that are stacking shelves in particular. I don't understand why customers never ask them questions about shelved products. Especially when the grocery people can actually walk around whilst I HAVE to stay in the kiosk [so like.. people don't rob cigarettes.. no joke, they fully sneak in to try steal smokes..]

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
wuddie said:
thank fken god! there's someone who actually has an iq over 20! un-fken-believable. after 1300 odd posts, there's someone who agrees with me.

thank you lord jesus christ.

and thank you, whoever you may be.
lol, the person who made that post is a well known troll.

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
lol In regards to the turnstile - the only main problem about turnstiles is that i lose my voice every shift cos i have to yell at people to scan their ticket and walk through. they stand there trying to get the machine to take the ticket like on the trains. Even when i physically take the ticket to my side of the turnstile(the side they are trying to get to) they still just follow the ticket with their eyes and remain where they are. lol its so frustrating but so funny to watch in the end.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
i've given up on yelling, it won't help with their reaction time, nor does it make me feel any better. but yes, you are right, it is not as easy it made out to sound like.

question - which venue do you work?

SmokedSalmon

HSC
CieL said:
In peak hour, ALL THE TIME at least one person will come up to me and TELL [not ask] me to open another checkout. I'm sorry darling, if we had the BUDGET I would of had another person rostered on and working. Do you really think I would like more workload upon myself? And besides, it's not MY fault that there's only 3 of us. My manager does the main roster.

There was this one time when a bogan woman was yelling and complaining to me about the queue. I couldnt do anything about it. I had all the staff the store budget allowed me to have, and we were all working flat out. Then out of nowhere, this other lady yells back at her:
"STOP yelling at her! It's not her fault, she is just doing her job. If you don't like it, talk to their manager but leave her alone".
She was an absolute gem!
Gosh I can relate!! I just happened to me on my own yesterday at the register during a busy time, trying to serve people as fast as possible, and simultaneously answering phone calls (I must do this or get in big trouble) and putting them through to appropriate departments.
Everyone in the queue were very nice and were patient, they could see i was doing my best. Then this lady comes to the counter, chucks her cds there, and proceeds to go off saying 'why isn't there more ppl at the counter? Get more people here now!! ur answering phone calls too??? Ur taking forever!! there is a queue u know! blah blah blah'... I was fed up by this, I had already paged other ppl to come help me, but apparently they were taking their sweet ol time! So I replied, 'Trying the best i can ok, i have to answer calls its my job as well as serve u. If you'd like to comment about operation procedures here I will gladly get the manager.' At that moment, the bloody phone rings again and so I HAVE to answer it, I do, the lady looks horrified and storms off. So I simply go 'next customer please'... Bah!! It is NOT my fault I choose to be on my own at the cash register... I wish I had someone who told her off like you ciel :(

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
1) Your pizza will arrive when it arrives. While I make every effort to set a time between work and your home that Lewis Hamilton couldn't match, sometimes there's traffic, roadworks and the like to negotiate and they'll slow you down more often than not.
2) I don't know where you heard the rule about "thirty minutes or it's free", but it certainly wasn't from us. We don't do that here; this is the good stuff, not Domino's or Eagle Boys. Do not try and tell me this, especially when you live more than half an hour away.
3) Yes, I do look a little old to be doing this. No, I'm not a high-school drop-out. This is how I'm paying to get through uni. As much as I wish it were free, it's not. Please don't lecture me about getting a real job as I actually have to get back to work and deliver pizza to other people.
4) I only carry twenty dollars in change, so don't come at me with a fifty and expect me to break it. Don't even think of asking me to go through my own wallet and try to find some loose change because it's not going to happen. Really not going to happen.

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
wuddie said:
i've given up on yelling, it won't help with their reaction time, nor does it make me feel any better. but yes, you are right, it is not as easy it made out to sound like.

question - which venue do you work?
acer and another place that only has hand scanners which is a bit more difficult to operate than to explain to people

mzduxx2006

HSC
katietheskatie said:
you're a fucking moron. learn to type and pull the stick from your ass. you work at a fucking pizza shop, you're not better than everyone else.

i'm sure everyone in australia realllllllly knows what some albanian eagle looks like.
a) pull tha stick outta YOUR ass,
b) stop being so fukin narrow minded and
c) realise that australia is a FUKIN MULTICULTURAL society u dumbass....but growing up on the GOLDCOAST where its PREDOMINANTLY australian-anglo saxons i just realised that ur surrounded by those types of people and probably arent FAMILIAR with the terms "wogs" "islanders" and "asians".

furthermore i do not think im better then everyone else u only obtained that perception cause ur a fukwit. :D

mzduxx2006

HSC
ObjectsInSpace said:
1) Your pizza will arrive when it arrives. While I make every effort to set a time between work and your home that Lewis Hamilton couldn't match, sometimes there's traffic, roadworks and the like to negotiate and they'll slow you down more often than not.
2) I don't know where you heard the rule about "thirty minutes or it's free", but it certainly wasn't from us. We don't do that here; this is the good stuff, not Domino's or Eagle Boys. Do not try and tell me this, especially when you live more than half an hour away.
3) Yes, I do look a little old to be doing this. No, I'm not a high-school drop-out. This is how I'm paying to get through uni. As much as I wish it were free, it's not. Please don't lecture me about getting a real job as I actually have to get back to work and deliver pizza to other people.
4) I only carry twenty dollars in change, so don't come at me with a fifty and expect me to break it. Don't even think of asking me to go through my own wallet and try to find some loose change because it's not going to happen. Really not going to happen.
omg u sound like one of my drivers...

CieL

HSC
Gavvvvvin said:
Some people are just fucking stupid.

Customer: "What do you keep in the freezers? Frozen stuff?."
Me: ...
Reminds me of when I used to work in hospitality

Vegetarian customer: Can you tell me what animal product is in your cheese?
Me: Uhhhhhhhh milk?

And then she got really confused and didnt buy anything when she realised we don't make our own cheese. SHOCK HORROR. Who the hell makes their own cheese nowdays?

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
mzduxx. worst.troll.ever.

C'mon people, can we at least put some effort into our trolling? None of this "angry retard" shit. Give us something good to work with.

HSC
mzduxx2006 said:
a) pull tha stick outta YOUR ass,
b) stop being so fukin narrow minded and
c) realise that australia is a FUKIN MULTICULTURAL society u dumbass....but growing up on the GOLDCOAST where its PREDOMINANTLY australian-anglo saxons i just realised that ur surrounded by those types of people and probably arent FAMILIAR with the terms "wogs" "islanders" and "asians".

furthermore i do not think im better then everyone else u only obtained that perception cause ur a fukwit. :D
yes i have no idea what the word asian means. gold star for you.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
if mzduxx managed to make any sense at all (as much chance as johnny winning the election), one will realise that she is actually an imbred. it's surprising but what can i say? some people are just born that way, it is NOT their fault.

as if whining on this thread isn't bad enough as it is, but at least make an effort to make some sense so somebody else can sympathise you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)