Rules for Customers (1 Viewer)

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
Kwayera said:
To people who insist on going up to the top deck: there is a lot more motion up there. Chances are likely you will get seasick before you see a whale. Stay downstairs.

And if you INSIST on staying up there, throw up in the bags. NOT OVER THE SIDE ONTO ME.
oops, sorry :eek:

Evilo

HSC
Peartie said:
nope at 18 they charged me.... 6 dollars per month (minus 1 dollar per 1000 in my account) plus 1.50 per withdrawal / eftpos.... thats why i got out of there.... when i closed it they asked why i was i said they are charging too much and theyre like yea...we get that alot these days..... until about 2003 it was NO fees at all for ANYONE! then they introduced fees and people started leaving - now theyre merging with another credit union!
most aussie banks dont charge fees if you can produce a student/uni id of some description. Every march st george sends me a letter explaining if i dont take my student card in, they will start charging me. Sounds pretty fair imo.

Evilo

HSC
wuddie said:
i find the guys from internet support desk (regardless the company) are hopeless. everytime i ring, they all tell me to go through the same set of 'tests' which i've performed a million times. when i tell them i've already done that and nothing is changing, they go blank and refer me to a 'senior technician', who in turn tells me to do the same thing again. the cycle continues until i ask to speak to the supervisor, who is the only one seems to have the slightest of ideas.
its because people are stupid.
Everytime i call i introduce myself, tell them what the problem is, and what ive done to solve the problem. After than they are usually smart enough to realise im quite confident in tech stuff, and they will give me a more serious answer instead of "is the machine plugged in" standard 1st question in their checklist..

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
I don't think he has a problem with the script per se, but that sometimes tech people can't actually solve anything outside of the script.

Because I'm sure lots of stupid people have their problems solved by "Is it plugged in?"

Evilo

HSC
true, i spose it depends how smart the support staff are.

RE general stupidity - the plugged in thing, im not suprised at all. I worked at a liquor store, and people came in asking if we sold "beer"

Peartie

HSC
Evilo said:
most aussie banks dont charge fees if you can produce a student/uni id of some description. Every march st george sends me a letter explaining if i dont take my student card in, they will start charging me. Sounds pretty fair imo.
My credit union -not a bank - charges fees for EVERYONE, student or not, over the age of 18.....and dont try saying id u show ur student card balh blah blah - i was a member i tried and they said no...everyone gets charged - hence why i left them....

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
circusmind said:
You're entitled to sweet fuck all.

Put yourself in the shoes of the kid behind the counter who will get pounced on by management for marking down something just because it had been dumped in the wrong place by a customer.

People who "know their rights" are the worst. These arguments always end with the customer citing the Trade Practices Act, which as it always turns out, I have read and they have not.
It was the manager serving me.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
wuddie said:
i find the guys from internet support desk (regardless the company) are hopeless. everytime i ring, they all tell me to go through the same set of 'tests' which i've performed a million times. when i tell them i've already done that and nothing is changing, they go blank and refer me to a 'senior technician', who in turn tells me to do the same thing again. the cycle continues until i ask to speak to the supervisor, who is the only one seems to have the slightest of ideas.
I called bigpond recently and i dont think the person could be more helpful. He asked me what i had already done so that didnt happen and we were on the line for like 30 minutes trying to solve it which eventually got solved.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
i agree with the IT help desk going through the step by step procedures. I myself have helped many of my friends with IT things. And the lack of knowledge they have in computers is just ... amazing.

CieL

HSC
emytaylor164 said:
And you think the manager doesn't get shit from the owner of the store?

Jesus christ.
I'm the supervisor and I get shit from the manager. The manager gets shit from the store manager. The store manager get shit from the regional manager. And so forth.

So, you are still entitled to sweet fuck all.

blakegman

HSC
N/A
emytaylor164 said:
So who would have a better idea of what the good was actually worth, you or the manager?

CieL

HSC
I hate it when customers give me shit for things being in the wrong places.

We have a DVD rack, and there were about 6 Harry Potter DVDs. 3 on the left, 3 on the right. There was also some other DVD behind the HP dvds on the right. Some fat woman with her kid picks up a HP DVD from the right side. The price tag has the ITEM DESCRIPTION, and the PRICE FOR THE NAMED ITEM.

When the HP dvd scanned up as triple the price as the tag it was under, she was like, wtf? I went a LOOKED at the tag, it the price was for some other shit movie which was behind the HP dvds on the right that have been misplaced by most likely, another customer. The correct price was on the LEFT.

She then continued to rant on about how I AM the one misleading customers, and that she should get it for the price it was tagged under.

That pissed me off. It's always MY fault for EVERYTHING that happens in the store because we are the ones that are dealing with the money transaction.

I then told her that I AM NOT the one that does the tickets, nor sets the price the dvds are sold, nor will I override the price because I will get in deep deep trouble, and that if she bothered to read the item description, none of this would of happened.

HSC
CieL said:
I hate it when customers give me shit for things being in the wrong places.

We have a DVD rack, and there were about 6 Harry Potter DVDs. 3 on the left, 3 on the right. There was also some other DVD behind the HP dvds on the right. Some fat woman with her kid picks up a HP DVD from the right side. The price tag has the ITEM DESCRIPTION, and the PRICE FOR THE NAMED ITEM.

When the HP dvd scanned up as triple the price as the tag it was under, she was like, wtf? I went a LOOKED at the tag, it the price was for some other shit movie which was behind the HP dvds on the right that have been misplaced by most likely, another customer. The correct price was on the LEFT.

She then continued to rant on about how I AM the one misleading customers, and that she should get it for the price it was tagged under.

That pissed me off. It's always MY fault for EVERYTHING that happens in the store because we are the ones that are dealing with the money transaction.

I then told her that I AM NOT the one that does the tickets, nor sets the price the dvds are sold, nor will I override the price because I will get in deep deep trouble, and that if she bothered to read the item description, none of this would of happened.
this happened to me once when i went shopping with a friend. we got some socks at target and we went up to the check outs and they scanned up more expensive than the tag said. so my friend was like oh but the tag said blah blah. it was obvious it was in the wrong spot n thats wat the lady said to her, but my friend started ranting about how it was false advertising and she should get it for that price. i was so embarrassed by her, such a dick head.

Evilo

HSC
Peartie said:
My credit union -not a bank - charges fees for EVERYONE, student or not, over the age of 18.....and dont try saying id u show ur student card balh blah blah - i was a member i tried and they said no...everyone gets charged - hence why i left them....
fair enough, change would have been the best move lol

CieL

HSC
Customers, please do not leave your basket unattended on my conveyer belt for over 30 seconds if you still have other shit you want to buy. Also, do not leave the basket in the middle of the belt for 15mins. I do not babysit groceries, NOR the little dumb shit of a kid you have left behind along with your basket who kept aiming and shooting his toy gun at me whilst screaming, "I'M GUNNA SHOOT YOU!" repeatedly.

I swear I was going to rip the toy out of his hand and bitchslap him across his face with it.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
emytaylor164 said:
if it had a pricetag on it saying its $10 but still scanned up at $29, you're entitled to have it for $10. but if it doesn't, nothing is going to stick and they could have said you got it from the 'correct' section.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
CieL said:
Customers, please do not leave your basket unattended on my conveyer belt for over 30 seconds if you still have other shit you want to buy. Also, do not leave the basket in the middle of the belt for 15mins. I do not babysit groceries, NOR the little dumb shit of a kid you have left behind along with your basket who kept aiming and shooting his toy gun at me whilst screaming, "I'M GUNNA SHOOT YOU!" repeatedly.

I swear I was going to rip the toy out of his hand and bitchslap him across his face with it.
did you try and ask the customer to stop the kid?

blakegman

HSC
N/A
Don't bitch at me because your Alpine fucking supremes are not in stock. I don't order the fucking ciggarettes and i'm sure not smoking for a couple of hours won't do you any harm.

If it's that much of a deal why not fucking buy Alpine finesse or fine or whatever the hell else there is.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
blakegman said:
Don't bitch at me because your Alpine fucking supremes are not in stock. I don't order the fucking ciggarettes and i'm sure not smoking for a couple of hours won't do you any harm.

If it's that much of a deal why not fucking buy Alpine finesse or fine or whatever the hell else there is.
the different types/colours are just fun sounding names for the strength, so they couldn't get other alpines since they'd be too strong/too weak :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)