Rules for Customers (1 Viewer)

Gordon Ramsay

HSC
N/A
As part of fine dining on behalf of the customers I've always reminded them to split loaves in half by hand.
Doing so with a knife is just an insult to the baker.
I've made sure bakers do a good job so now it's the customer's turn.

HSC
greekgun said:
I believe the customer complained about the lack of staff. Thats what i thought he impied anyway.

If i servered her, i would have said "Did you need any assistance, did you have to wait in line - No...i dint think so" or some smart ass comment. Its customers like her that make retail a pain in the ass.
Yeh, thats pretty much what happened. Sorry I didn't make myself clear.

What it was, is that it was 10 minutes before closing time, and there were quite a few staff around cleaning, filling confectionary etc. There was one register open, but this particular couple didn't wait at all. The register was empty when they got there, and then complained to both the cashier who served her and the supervisor about "how it's disgraceful to only have one checkout open". I'm pretty sure that if it was any busier, someone else would have opened.

jodi..1

is awesome
HSC
/\ ah that stuff drives me insane! Twice last week I locked the centre not realising there was someone still shopping (I walk through at least once to make sure no-one is). One guy didn't care, but a women got shitty, I mean ffs we close at midnight and its 12.10, we've been open since 7.30am, do your shopping at another time apart from 5 minutes before close, idiot.

CieL

HSC
Oh ffs people, if you're having an argument with someone outside the store, PLEAAAAASE don't bring it inside the store.

I hate it when the "victim" runs inside the store looking for protection/comfort and then both of them start yelling at the top of their voices incorporating childish and rude language which young kids [and several sensitive customers] do not need to hear.

I've had some near misses with coke bottles flying and someone holding a cigarette and pointing it at my face. Yes, inside the store. Jesus some people need some good ol' discipline. If it was up to me, they would of been brought up with with palm prints on their ass and face if they acted like that in public.

Evilo

HSC
this is really what shits me off, i dont get paid past the hour - even when i close. So i've quickly learnt how to kick everyone out and close the store on time.

As far as fights go, i just use the fact i'm 6'4" and tell them to remove theselves from the store otherwise ill call the police. I've kicked all sorts out of my store, from northshore mothers, to 3 year olds, to drunken old people.

Once you lose you're heart for the job, you can pretty much do anything. Emotion makes you surrender to the customer through guilt and then you end up doing exactly what they say.

blakegman

HSC
N/A
Evilo said:
Once you lose you're heart for the job, you can pretty much do anything. Emotion makes you surrender to the customer through guilt and then you end up doing exactly what they say.
Ha completely agree. I don't really care about my job anymore because its not that amazing and i know i could find employment elsewhere if i had to, so i have no guilt in being shit at work

HSC
blakegman said:
Ha completely agree. I don't really care about my job anymore because its not that amazing and i know i could find employment elsewhere if i had to, so i have no guilt in being shit at work
+1.
Except I don't believe that I'm shit, just assertive and someone who customer's have no hesitation in complaining about.

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
Evilo said:
well said! i think im tipping past that point, when it happens, i cant wait :D

HSC
Evilo said:
this is really what shits me off, i dont get paid past the hour - even when i close. So i've quickly learnt how to kick everyone out and close the store on time.

As far as fights go, i just use the fact i'm 6'4" and tell them to remove theselves from the store otherwise ill call the police. I've kicked all sorts out of my store, from northshore mothers, to 3 year olds, to drunken old people.

i completely agree. i've been there 4 years now, and lost emotion about 3 years ago.
i get paid for 15minutes past the closing hour, but it usually takes about 20 to completely close, so if anyone wants to wander into the store at 9.55 then i make sure they know that if they haven't chosen their movie AND been served before 10, then they wont be. at 10 on the dot i let anyone whos already inside bring whatever is in their hand up, otherwise too bad.
oh and as far as fights go... im short, skinny, and hardly what you would call macho. but i still dont take shit from anyone at work. i dont get paid enough for it.

Last edited:

lourai*87

~"*_*"~
HSC
Being trained for 2 minutes (maybe it was 15) before being thrown onto the registers, and not being able to immediately recognise a credit card from a normal credit card does not mean you need to tear the signature docket off for me whilst im reading the prompt on my screen, take my pen and then smugly tell me youre a step ahead of me. :(

Evilo

HSC
lourai*87 said:
Being trained for 2 minutes (maybe it was 15) before being thrown onto the registers, and not being able to immediately recognise a credit card from a normal credit card does not mean you need to tear the signature docket off for me whilst im reading the prompt on my screen, take my pen and then smugly tell me youre a step ahead of me. :(
wow you got 15min of training? wow lucky you. lolz

i walked in the door, i was like "hi im the new guy", they were like "umm okay, heres the till, you serve and we will stop you if you do anything wrong" lolz/

CieL

HSC
live_without_it said:
i get paid for 15minutes past the closing hour, but it usually takes about 20 to completely close, so if anyone wants to wander into the store at 9.55 then i make sure they know that if they haven't chosen their movie AND been served before 10, then they wont be. at 10 on the dot i let anyone whos already inside bring whatever is in their hand up, otherwise too bad.
Merrylands Coles by any chance?

I've never really had any problems with closing when I'm in charge of the front end. I make sure I'm on the PA alerting customers we close at 10pm. If it's busy, I start asking them to make their way to the front end at 9:50pm. If it's quiet, I ask them to go at 9:55pm. If they walk in at 9:55pm, I tell them they have 2mins.

Then I'm usually done by 10:07pm [as I do all other random crap by 9pm] and can bum for another 5mins before heading off.

But back in the old days when we didnt use the PA to alert customers our closing time, that was retarded as I had to do trolleys of crap at 10pm.

Why would it take you 20 to completely close?

blakegman

HSC
N/A
CieL said:
Well you add in the stragglers who dont leave till the store is officially closed, then the fact that the registers that were open have to be counted, then they have to be bagged and taken to the cash office. IM guessing that all adds up, it does ta mine, though usually only 10 minutes or so.

Lizakith

Go go gadget spleen!
HSC
CieL said:
Merrylands Coles by any chance?

I've never really had any problems with closing when I'm in charge of the front end. I make sure I'm on the PA alerting customers we close at 10pm. If it's busy, I start asking them to make their way to the front end at 9:50pm. If it's quiet, I ask them to go at 9:55pm. If they walk in at 9:55pm, I tell them they have 2mins.

Then I'm usually done by 10:07pm [as I do all other random crap by 9pm] and can bum for another 5mins before heading off.

But back in the old days when we didnt use the PA to alert customers our closing time, that was retarded as I had to do trolleys of crap at 10pm.

At my old job our boss told us we weren't allowed to tell people we were closing or get them to finish up their shopping or anything. We were also told to let people in to the shop up til close, and weren't allowed to start pulling displays in and closing the doors til about 2 mins before 5:30. We also didn't get paid after 5:30.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
Lizakith said:
At my old job our boss told us we weren't allowed to tell people we were closing or get them to finish up their shopping or anything. We were also told to let people in to the shop up til close, and weren't allowed to start pulling displays in and closing the doors til about 2 mins before 5:30. We also didn't get paid after 5:30.
you can pretty much refuse to do anything after the time which you are only paid for. why should you stay behind the volunteer your time to closing up the place? did you err, tell your boss that?

boris

Banned
HSC
wuddie said:
you can pretty much refuse to do anything after the time which you are only paid for. why should you stay behind the volunteer your time to closing up the place? did you err, tell your boss that?
Oh SUPER IDEA WUDDIE, I BET NOBODY ELSE CAME UP WITH THAT

:confused:

Evilo

HSC
wuddie said:
hmmm i had the shitest job ever, i didnt get paid past closing time etc etc. but i needed a job, and i knew i was easily replaceable (3 ppl came in a week asking if we had jobs - with a small store of 5 staff). shite job > no job.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)