Rules for Customers (1 Viewer)

CieL

HSC
Lizakith said:
At my old job our boss told us we weren't allowed to tell people we were closing
So you couldn't even just say, "........just a reminder, the store closes at [time]........."?

Evilo

HSC
lol if thats the case i would write the manager a bill for the time accumulated by customers who refused to leave the store.

-------------

I work(ed) in liquor, the closing time is the law, after that time (if customers refused to leave i'd tell them i'm calling the police).

This is my order for closing the store and removing customers - close side doors (40min to), Warn the customers closing time is ahead (20minutes to), close door half way (10min), tell customer they must head to the checkout immediatly (5min), personally ask customer to leave (2min past), call the police (if they refuse to leave).

If anyone argues i just say "look i've just finished a 9hour shift, we have been open since 10am this morning, and i dont get paid past 9pm." then "We are legally bound by our closing time, and that time has passed, i im going to ask you to leave the store immediatly, otherwise i may have to call the police". I've only had to say the last sentence about 3 times lolz.

The main thing i've learnt is that once the store has closed, close the door (completly - dont leave a gap in the shutter), turn off as much lights as possible, and if possible lock the door with you inside. I've seen people try and crawl under the shutter door arguing its still open. I've also seen people try and force the door open with umbrellas/brute force. I've also seen people argue through the door and wait for you to step outside to lock up...

jodi..1

is awesome
HSC
Damn you people and closing at 5.30, 9, 10 etc. We don't close till midnight and I hate it.

So rule for customers: We have been open since 7.30 in the morning, for the love of god do not come in at 11.50pm and wonder why we're not being super friendly.

Lizakith

Go go gadget spleen!
HSC
CieL said:
So you couldn't even just say, "........just a reminder, the store closes at [time]........."?
Nope, our bosses wanted as much money as possible from the customers, and us telling them we would be closing soon is apparently discouraging.

Peartie

HSC
jodi..1 said:
Damn you people and closing at 5.30, 9, 10 etc. We don't close till midnight and I hate it.
got to love 3pm closes :)

when i was at woolies i never did close either - latest i was there was 9pm so yay!

HSC
CieL said:
Merrylands Coles by any chance?

I've never really had any problems with closing when I'm in charge of the front end. I make sure I'm on the PA alerting customers we close at 10pm. If it's busy, I start asking them to make their way to the front end at 9:50pm. If it's quiet, I ask them to go at 9:55pm. If they walk in at 9:55pm, I tell them they have 2mins.

Then I'm usually done by 10:07pm [as I do all other random crap by 9pm] and can bum for another 5mins before heading off.

But back in the old days when we didnt use the PA to alert customers our closing time, that was retarded as I had to do trolleys of crap at 10pm.

Why would it take you 20 to completely close?
lol merrylands video ezy

HSC
blakegman said:
Well you add in the stragglers who dont leave till the store is officially closed, then the fact that the registers that were open have to be counted, then they have to be bagged and taken to the cash office. IM guessing that all adds up, it does ta mine, though usually only 10 minutes or so.
i dont work at coles...

iv got to get customers sorted out, make sure the movie return chutes are empty, print reports, count money and make sure it all balances, wait for computer to backup to disc, lock things away. If i'm lucky, it will have been quiet and i've swept and mopped the small tiled floor beforehand, otherwise i've got that to do too. if there are no customers for the last half hour, i have all this done a minute before closing time, so it takes about 10 minutes to completely finish. this usually isnt the case. especially if someone walks in 5 minutes before close.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
babikakez said:
It is when people say things like this that I am glad that the latest we ever open is 9pm (and only one night a week).
oh my . closed for most of the day are we?

CieL

HSC
jodi..1 said:
Oh, you shouldn't complain.

I used to work as a waitress at King St Wharf.
They don't even have a closing time!
It's just...... "open till late"

I only worked there in the winter, and customers would stay outside and dine until like 2am. We'd take another hour to pack up and eat dinner [yes, they gave us awesome free dinner and alcohol after our shift], and so I'd get home at like 3ish-4am after a dinner shift.

And apparently in the summer, according to some long term staff, people stay out even longer. And they'd stay till like 3-4am.

greekgun

HSC
CieL said:
Oh, you shouldn't complain.

I used to work as a waitress at King St Wharf.
They don't even have a closing time!
It's just...... "open till late"

I only worked there in the winter, and customers would stay outside and dine until like 2am. We'd take another hour to pack up and eat dinner [yes, they gave us awesome free dinner and alcohol after our shift], and so I'd get home at like 3ish-4am after a dinner shift.

And apparently in the summer, according to some long term staff, people stay out even longer. And they'd stay till like 3-4am.
Woah there some late hours. It would be fun to work thought because im guessing you wouldnt get old customers. Old customers are the worst.

Evilo

HSC
I would assume they're middle aged customers (45-55). but now you've got me curious....

Skeeta

HSC
wuddie said:
you can pretty much refuse to do anything after the time which you are only paid for. why should you stay behind the volunteer your time to closing up the place? did you err, tell your boss that?
I had that issue when opening the store. I had my first open knowing full well that everyone turns up at 5.30am (but the roster says the shift starts at 6am). I turned up at 6, my boss flipped out and i simply said "i get paid from 6am"

The roster was quickly changed to 5.30
I win.

CieL

HSC
Customers:
DON'T PUT YOUR FREAKING HANDBAG/SHOPPING ON MY CARRRRRRRRR!!!!!

So angry. I've got bloody two sets of scratch marks on the bonnet of my car. One on the upper left which is about 20x15cm, and one just above the badge which is about 10x5cm. A set of diagonal drag marks. Thank you VERY MUCH you cunts.

Put it on your own fucking car goddamit.

Evilo

HSC
CieL said:
Customers:
DON'T PUT YOUR FREAKING HANDBAG/SHOPPING ON MY CARRRRRRRRR!!!!!

So angry. I've got bloody two sets of scratch marks on the bonnet of my car. One on the upper left which is about 20x15cm, and one just above the badge which is about 10x5cm. A set of diagonal drag marks. Thank you VERY MUCH you cunts.

Put it on your own fucking car goddamit.
you worked at coles didn't you?

why not just park your car right up the back corner of the carpark? 'high movement areas' will always be a risk,

PS - if they're light scratches (as opposed to deep) you might be able to get it out with a car detailer. Some c**t scratched our car (right out the front of coles), luckily we could hide it.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
:O The nerve of some people. Whenever in a car park etc I'm oh so careful not to touch someone elses car, let alone putting things ontop of it - to bad you didn't catch them in the act.

pezdog

HSC
1. Do not lecture me about how you think our prices are to high. I stack shelves, i dont set the price. I really dont give a shit if you think you shouldnt pay $3 for 3 kilos of sugar.

I have had the same guy lecture me about our prices for 3 saturdays straight, fuck he gives me the shits

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)