Rules for Customers (1 Viewer)

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
If they work in retail and you are trying some of their clothes on, you will find that most customer service workers do complement/comment. Maybe its a bit different in mens clothes.

X

xeuyrawp

*~Dazed~* said:
If they work in retail and you are trying some of their clothes on, you will find that most customer service workers do complement/comment. Maybe its a bit different in mens clothes.
I didn't know you were speaking about clothes stores. Obviously our minds work differently! In any case, if I were in a clothes store, I'd probably not like it if they complimented me, either. Nobody ever offers to help me in stores cos I always put on the "I know where I'm going, what I'm doing, but I don't have any money" look- works a treat :)

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
Haha yeah. If i know im not going to buy anything, i feel bad if they try to help me because they are just wasting their time which would be better spent on other customers of even just yapping with anyone they work with.

One day me and a friend went "shopping" for pretty dresses but we werent planning on buying at all, just felt like trying stuff on because there are so many gorgeous dresses now compared to when we were having our formal. We felt bad so we pretended we had a 21st to go to because workers in those stores are so attentive and always want to help but we didnt need it.

X

xeuyrawp

Also (moreso in expensive stores), the workers get cranky if they realise you're just a time-waster. I'll admit that I get cranky when customers try to waste my time when I'm clearly busy.

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
rule for customers (as a fellow customer): get the fuck out of my way! Omg, the number of times I go into a supermarket, to have a fucking stupid old hag with their trolley cut in front of me and walk really, really slowly, making me stop and wait for them to move their stupid oblivious asses the fuck outta my way, is the most annoying thing in the world! They don't even notice either that you're tryin to get past, they just continue on their merry way without consideration for anyone else but themselves. /rant yes this happened a number of times to me today in coles and i was only in there like 10 mins.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
rules for customers..STOP TRYING TO STEAL CIGARETETS FROM WOOLIES WINSTON HILLS
..its like the 5-6th time its happened
happened yesterday
happened today
happened a few weeks ago
WTF?..

HSC
dunno if they have been said but meh
- dont ask me if i work here, when im in my fucking uniform standing behind the counter
-dont make a joke about paying 4 ur groceries with ur medicare card
- dont try and pay for 73c ith ur credit card
- dont tell me how nice the day is outside, or how nice the beach is
- dont ask if we sell milk, or bread.. of course we do we r a fukin supamarket afterall
- dont change ur mind about bags, or what groceries u want after ive closed the sale

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Generator said:
Rule for customers: Make your presence known (politely). If you just stand there in a passive manner then the employee may not take note of you as someone wanting to be served and will carry on with something else that may well be more important than you suspect (unlikely, but you never know).
I may not have done that so I understand I contributed tot he problem :p I was tired and cbb. But I had asked her one question already why would I go and stand there for fun.

yenta said:
rule for customers (as a fellow customer): get the fuck out of my way! Omg, the number of times I go into a supermarket, to have a fucking stupid old hag with their trolley cut in front of me and walk really, really slowly, making me stop and wait for them to move their stupid oblivious asses the fuck outta my way, is the most annoying thing in the world! They don't even notice either that you're tryin to get past, they just continue on their merry way without consideration for anyone else but themselves. /rant yes this happened a number of times to me today in coles and i was only in there like 10 mins.
and do not have a group of 6 of you that walks together in a small section and as soon as it spaces out you walk with a gap of 1m between each of you and i still can't get through

Abbeygale

HSC
*~Dazed~* said:
workers- dont tell me something looks good on me when it looks shit
dont approach me to see if i need help as soon as i walk through the doors
dont try telling me about some of your specials or new stock when ive made it clear that im fine just browsing
Keep in mind that this problem might lie with the manager/owner not the employee- if it's store policy, they'll get in trouble for not descending on you like a starving buzzard.
Sometimes employees get caught between a rock and a hard place- when I worked at the Base Warehouse as a Christmas casual, I was supposed to ask customers who looked old if they had a seniors discount card. If I didn't ask, the manager yelled at me. If I did ask, I would get yelled at several times a shift by 45 year olds who had spent too much of their youth in the sun.

X

xeuyrawp

Trogie said:
I was watching the parade along George St today, and not one store seemed to be open, I guess it must be a custom
Some stores can be open, some can't. I remember doing stock-take last Anzac day: a lot of Westfield stores did it then because Westfields used to not be open the whole day- there were about 5 groups of people from different shops waiting for the security guards to open up the building.

addict

'Specal' Member
HSC
dont come up to me when i am on the last regester in the line, with me closed sign up, the bright yellow chain across and i'm counting money out of my till and ask if i am open. or even, be rude enough to move the closed sign and start loading your things onto my counter. i'm closed, about the go home after a 9hr shift, and there are two other girls next to me with no customers!!!

i hate it when customers complain about the price of things. i cant help it, all i do is work there. and you're the one who picked it up anyway. get the cheaper black and gold version if you dont want to pay for the better quality stuff.

dont treat me like shit cos i'm working at a supermarket and you wear a suit. its more likely that i have more fun at work than you do, and i need to survive while i'm at uni and can't actually work a full time job like you do.

dont tell my that what i am weighing and putting through my register are potatoes, not only do i know that, but i know the difference between each type we have and have memorised the codes for them loose, and in 2,4and 10kg bags too!!! and no those watermelons are not 1.49 each, that per kg if you looked to the pricing properly you would know that. and i can tell if you have put royal gala and red delicious apples in the same bag and that the royal gala that you have hidden at the bottom are more expensive...

dont argue that cos the packs of 15cokes are on special for $6 that the packs of 20 will be cheaper too. i'm not going to call the manager, i'll deal with you myself thankyou very much, i know my manager has better things to do with his time.

oh, and dont try and tell me that the salad mix is just lettue leaves you picked up, i know the difference. and if you want to argue, i will happily call phil up the the front, our friut n veg manager has a very short temper ni get along with him great, you are getting charged for this you cheapskape

...i love my job

X

xeuyrawp

addict said:
dont come up to me when i am on the last regester in the line, with me closed sign up, the bright yellow chain across and i'm counting money out of my till and ask if i am open. or even, be rude enough to move the closed sign and start loading your things onto my counter. i'm closed, about the go home after a 9hr shift, and there are two other girls next to me with no customers!!!

i hate it when customers complain about the price of things. i cant help it, all i do is work there. and you're the one who picked it up anyway. get the cheaper black and gold version if you dont want to pay for the better quality stuff.

dont treat me like shit cos i'm working at a supermarket and you wear a suit. its more likely that i have more fun at work than you do, and i need to survive while i'm at uni and can't actually work a full time job like you do.

dont tell my that what i am weighing and putting through my register are potatoes, not only do i know that, but i know the difference between each type we have and have memorised the codes for them loose, and in 2,4and 10kg bags too!!! and no those watermelons are not 1.49 each, that per kg if you looked to the pricing properly you would know that. and i can tell if you have put royal gala and red delicious apples in the same bag and that the royal gala that you have hidden at the bottom are more expensive...

dont argue that cos the packs of 15cokes are on special for $6 that the packs of 20 will be cheaper too. i'm not going to call the manager, i'll deal with you myself thankyou very much, i know my manager has better things to do with his time.

oh, and dont try and tell me that the salad mix is just lettue leaves you picked up, i know the difference. and if you want to argue, i will happily call phil up the the front, our friut n veg manager has a very short temper ni get along with him great, you are getting charged for this you cheapskape

...i love my job
LOL Love it! All of those are sooo true.
Especially those customers that infer that you are less of a person because you work at a shit place: I got that once when I was washing up dishes at a Cafe, and I told them that it takes a big person than them to spit in their water. :D

Seabiscuit

HSC
yenta said:
That's so true! And especially annoying when i'm late for work and there is a 5 minute period in which to swipe in otherwise im not paid for the first 15minutes, and i can't run to the office because there are people blocking the aisles or walking slowly in front of me! It's almost like i have to get to work half an hour early so i can spend that half hour trying to get through the aisles! :chainsaw:

Abbeygale

HSC
Don't invent your own names for the dishes. The Satay Steak/Satay Beef switch is fine, but we have about five dishes that could fit the description 'Duck with mushrooms'.

If you ordered too much, that's not actually my problem. Don't complain when I bring out yet another plate. Expecially in you come in every week and know exactly how big the meals are.

If you're waiting for a meal, we have some lovely chairs to sit on and three year old magazines for you to read. If you choose to remain standing at the counter, don't get annoyed when different waitresses keep coming over to see what you want.

funky_a

Fabulousness Overload
HSC
- When I say "Hi, how are you?", don't reply with "I'm just looking", especially with attitude. LISTEN to what I asked, instead of just assuming. Asses.
- From tonights experience, Rude Bitches: Learn some common courtesy and manners from your husbands. When I offer you a perfume card, either decline with "no, thank you", or take it and say "Thanks".
Anyway, I have decided I will only work on men frangrances now.

waterfowl

HSC
Don't continue to look around the floor if there is only five minutes until we close! And especially don't sit down on the lounges!
I want to close the register down and lock the doors so I can get out, but I can't very well do that when you are being an asshole just trying to fill in your own time!!
So therefore, if we are going to close in ten or five minutes time, come to the register if you have things to purchase, and if you don't: LEAVE!

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
funky_a said:
- When I say "Hi, how are you?", don't reply with "I'm just looking", especially with attitude. LISTEN to what I asked, instead of just assuming. Asses.
LOL they're just jumping ahead to save you the trouble.

get rid of the attitude altogether, it doesn't get you anywhere, politeness is the key customers

beergirl

polka dots are cool
HSC
From the easter show:
- when its crowded dont yell at me and say i was next then when i serve you, you're kid has changed their mind and you dont know which showbag the kid wanted so i'll move on to the next customer then you yell at me again, so i serve you and then you dont even have your freaking money out ready! then it takes you ages to get your money out and its all in 5C and 10c pieces...

- dont ask me to change things that are inside of your showbag, i dont care if you wanted the purple carebear with that showbag they are pre packed deal with it!

- dont ask me to get you a whole heap of showbags then change your mind

- dont ask to see what's inside the bag so that i have to empty the bag onto the counter.. LOOK AT THE BOARD IT HAS WHAT IS INSIDE THE BAG!!!

- dont ask me to go around the back and ask if we still have that item, if we are out of stock i know that we are out of stock!!

- on the last day of the easter show and you want a certain showbag dont whinge about us being sold out! maybe if you came earlier we would stilll have stock!

- dont ask me what the prices are. THEY ARE CLEARLY ON TH BOARD!

- dont whinge about the showbags being over priced, i just sell them not my problem

- if you are ordering a showbag, like the simpsons bag which requires you to choose a novelty item, dont assume you get all the novelty items, you choose ONE!!!

- if we have run out of a colour of something, NO we cant take the items out of the display! In addition to that NO we cant take the items off the display, they are stapled to the wall you sad sad loser!

at my stand we had a tv, which showed movies and what not
- dont ask what showbag the tv comes in and then laugh and think you are the first person to ever think of that. its not funny!

- dont wave your money in my face to get my attention, i wont serve you then!

- dont whinge and say, 'ive been waiting for and hour to get served!' i'm trying my best to serve everyone!

- dont whinge and say under your breath 'oh im never going to get served' that pisses me off so much and i wont serve you

- when i ask you, 'are you right?' dont ignore me and then when i walk away dont yell at me for not serving you!

i also lost my voice during the easter show so
- dont ask me to explain every single bag we sell when i have no voice and then not buy one!!!!

grr... actually.. dont come to the easter show at all...

thirsty

HSC
Fruit Shop

1. dont pick up cut fruit and poke holes in it then come up to me and say....."this is all yuck can i have it for cheap/nothing" no u fuckin cant u stinge.

2. Dont say ...."well the bananas in coles are 1:99 a kilo cheaper and they are ready to eat" GO BUY THEM IN COLES!

3. dont get me to go into the cool room just to get u one fresh apple out of a box. They are all delivered everyday..they are the same but one is colder

4. dont be pissed off when we charge u 10cents for a styro box. They cost us money, u dickhead.

5. dont come in as we are shuttin the doors and ask us if we can cut u up some cabbage.....you are too late

theres like a million more but meh

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)