Rules for Customers (3 Viewers)

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
Tulipa said:
Um, no you're not.

First of all, how would she know that you didn't just pick it up off another shelf and claim it was in the bin. Secondly, customers move crap all the time. More likely someone picked it up, was going to buy it then decided not to and put it in the bin.
The bin had just been re-arranged and fixed up not 2 minutes earilier,2 it was right down the bottom and perfectly in place, it was not there by accident, there were 3 wallets the same in that same box

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
It might be the shop's fault for putting the wrong product in there but you can't expect a retail assistant to know every single wallet in the entire store and what each individual price is. Again
First of all, how would she know that you didn't just pick it up off another shelf and claim it was in the bin
Also, if you don't get the wallet, you don't get the wallet. Move on.

blakegman

HSC
N/A
emytaylor164 said:
The bin had just been re-arranged and fixed up not 2 minutes earilier,2 it was right down the bottom and perfectly in place, it was not there by accident, there were 3 wallets the same in that same box
They reserve the right to not sell to you. If the wallet is 29.90 then its 29.90 ffs. I hate people like you seriously, just because it was in the $10 bin doesnt necessarily make it $10. Sure the store should apologise and fix it, but you shouldn't just get it for $10 you scab.

Lizakith

Go go gadget spleen!
HSC
I had a customer call the other day because some hardware she needed to use wasn't working, so I was trying to do some troubleshooting with her. As I couldn't log onto her machine because she was in a remote site, I had to rely on her to do what I asked her to do.

Every time I started talking to ask her to do something for me to figure out what the issue was, she started talking over the top of me, whinging about how it worked last time and how it should just work again this time and shit. This happened about 4 times before I could actually get her to do any of the troubleshooting needed.

Eventually I got her to check the port replicator she was using wasn't faulty by getting her to connect her mouse to it and see if it still worked. Turned out she hadn't even plugged her hardware in. Dopey bint.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
i find the guys from internet support desk (regardless the company) are hopeless. everytime i ring, they all tell me to go through the same set of 'tests' which i've performed a million times. when i tell them i've already done that and nothing is changing, they go blank and refer me to a 'senior technician', who in turn tells me to do the same thing again. the cycle continues until i ask to speak to the supervisor, who is the only one seems to have the slightest of ideas.

jodi..1

is awesome
HSC
blakegman said:
To get cash out you have to have a debit card right ? what shit house debit card charges you for using an eftpos machine?
Thats what I thought...I'm pretty sure our company actually pays for peoples withdrawal fees, but I may be wrong.

And I wasn't about to challenge her on it.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
wuddie said:
i find the guys from internet support desk (regardless the company) are hopeless. everytime i ring, they all tell me to go through the same set of 'tests' which i've performed a million times. when i tell them i've already done that and nothing is changing, they go blank and refer me to a 'senior technician', who in turn tells me to do the same thing again. the cycle continues until i ask to speak to the supervisor, who is the only one seems to have the slightest of ideas.
Read notalwaysright.com

You'll see that there's a reason they go through the most basic of tests every single time.

Because a lot of people are complete morons whose problems will actually be solved by plugging their computer into power.

Peartie

HSC
blakegman said:
To get cash out you have to have a debit card right ? what shit house debit card charges you for using an eftpos machine?

My old debit card - when i was with a credit union charged me 1.50 per transaction regardless of if it was an ATM or an EFTPOS machine....so some do....mostly the oens that bleed you dry with fees as soon as you hit 18.....it was free until i was 18 damnit!!!!

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Peartie said:
My old debit card - when i was with a credit union charged me 1.50 per transaction regardless of if it was an ATM or an EFTPOS machine....so some do....mostly the oens that bleed you dry with fees as soon as you hit 18.....it was free until i was 18 damnit!!!!
Yeah mum was with a credit union for a while, until one day they charged her 6 months worth of fees at once accidently.

It was like $200 worth.

Quit that shit.

HSC
emytaylor164 said:
I was in strandbags the other day and i was going to buy a wallet it was in a nothing over $10 box. I grabbed it took it to the counter and passed the lady a $10 note ( assuming that is how much it was and it had no price tag so i assumed $10 was a good bet. It scanned up at $29.90 and i told her that it was in the nothing over $10 box, she told me it was in the wrong spot and that is actually $29.90. I told her poliltely I should only have to pay $10 cos of where it was and she told me i cant have it for that and if i wanted it it was full price. i told her that I am not going to pay $29.90 when i am entitled to it for $10 and i dont want it anymore left. If something is in the wrong place like this example we are entitled to the lower price.
Strandbags are so bad like this. Even though in your instance there are a myriad of reasons why they wouldn't sell it to you for $10, I once went to buy a bag that had a label on it saying 'reduced to $15'. It was attached properly, not as though it was by accident or had been taken off something else by a lousy customer. Got to the register and they wouldn't sell it to me any cheaper than $40. I didn't argue in the end, I was tired and wasn't that attatched to the bag. But still, in this case there was a tag clearly attached to it clearly stating a price for that particular item.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
babikakez said:
Strandbags are so bad like this. Even though in your instance there are a myriad of reasons why they wouldn't sell it to you for $10, I once went to buy a bag that had a label on it saying 'reduced to $15'. It was attached properly, not as though it was by accident or had been taken off something else by a lousy customer. Got to the register and they wouldn't sell it to me any cheaper than $40. I didn't argue in the end, I was tired and wasn't that attatched to the bag. But still, in this case there was a tag clearly attached to it clearly stating a price for that particular item.
^ in a situation like that where it's clearly marked I think you have the right to get it at the marked price. when it comes to bargain bins and such though, you should be prepared to pay what it says on the item, not what it says on the big container, because the register staff can't be expected to know every single item and customers are lazy and like to just dump unwanted stock wherever they're standing at the time as opposed to where they got it from.

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
Peartie said:
if your still a full-time student then they shouldnt charge you any fees. When i turned 18, they started charging me fees, assumming i finished school. I went to the bank explained to them im a full-time uni student and they scraped the fees.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
scarybunny said:
Read notalwaysright.com

You'll see that there's a reason they go through the most basic of tests every single time.

Because a lot of people are complete morons whose problems will actually be solved by plugging their computer into power.
that maybe so. but the 'tech' guys should know at least something else other than the same routine. i doubt they are actually qualified i.t. techs, more likely to be someone sitting in front of a computer with all the promps.

Peartie

HSC
wrxsti said:
if your still a full-time student then they shouldnt charge you any fees. When i turned 18, they started charging me fees, assumming i finished school. I went to the bank explained to them im a full-time uni student and they scraped the fees.
nope at 18 they charged me.... 6 dollars per month (minus 1 dollar per 1000 in my account) plus 1.50 per withdrawal / eftpos.... thats why i got out of there.... when i closed it they asked why i was i said they are charging too much and theyre like yea...we get that alot these days..... until about 2003 it was NO fees at all for ANYONE! then they introduced fees and people started leaving - now theyre merging with another credit union!

Lizakith

Go go gadget spleen!
HSC
wuddie said:
that maybe so. but the 'tech' guys should know at least something else other than the same routine. i doubt they are actually qualified i.t. techs, more likely to be someone sitting in front of a computer with all the promps.
We don't get prompts or a script at work. We're a small internal service desk and our customers like us on the most part :)

There are a few who are just retards though. Or the ones who think you're an idiot and talk over you when you try to troubleshoot with them or ask them questions. They piss me off.

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
-tony- said:
kfc rules

-if i ask u whether u want napkins, spoons and refresher towels and u say no or dont understand me dont come bak to the counter with the shits acting as if i didnt offer u any
From a customer: If I don't understand you it's probably because you're indian or you're a pimply faced kid who mumbles anything he says. Speak with clarity and slowly.

This isn't India; the turnover isn't 1000 customers per minute!

Lizakith

Go go gadget spleen!
HSC
Dear customer lady who was cranky at me yesterday;

I didn't speak to you in the first instance, so please don't try to blame me for your issue being sent to the wrong people. Yes, I know we have some new guys, and I know they're pretty incompetent, but I can't actually agree with you verbally. We re doing our best, and I would appreciate it if you would settle the fuck down and let me try to help you.

PS: My boss is so frustrating I almost cried yesterday.

HSC
ME: The only thing from the June list that's out so far is 'National Treasure 2'.

CUSTOMER: So '3:10 to Yuma' isnt out yet?

ME: No, the only thing from June that's out is 'National Treasure 2'

CUSTOMER: How bout 'Sweeney Todd'?

ME: No, just 'National Treasure 2'.

CUSTOMER: Oh, is that all that's come out?

ME: Yup! *are you serious?*

circusmind

HSC
emytaylor164 said:
If something is in the wrong place like this example we are entitled to the lower price.
You're entitled to sweet fuck all.

Put yourself in the shoes of the kid behind the counter who will get pounced on by management for marking down something just because it had been dumped in the wrong place by a customer.

People who "know their rights" are the worst. These arguments always end with the customer citing the Trade Practices Act, which as it always turns out, I have read and they have not.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
To people who insist on going up to the top deck: there is a lot more motion up there. Chances are likely you will get seasick before you see a whale. Stay downstairs.

And if you INSIST on staying up there, throw up in the bags. NOT OVER THE SIDE ONTO ME.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)