Rules for Customers (2 Viewers)

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
sometimes when i'm in the middle of a shift, i'll admit, i zone out, and sometimes i dont really make the "best" packing choices when i have, OR i'm just trying to see if something will fit, and might not be definately packing items into that bag. by all means, if you disagree with how i'm packing feel free to tell me, but there's a right way, and a wrong way.

right way: sorry, would you mind if you packed those chips into a seperate bag
wrong way: DONT BREAK THOSE CHIPS, ONCE THEY'RE BROKEN THEY'RE USELESS, MAKE SURE YOU DONT BREAK THEM.

the first will always result in "sure, no problems" the second will result in no acknowledgement, packing a seperate bag, and then pretty much packing 1 item per bag for the rest of your items.

Kiim2507

HSC
I know, but I'm just greeting people like a check out chick does (though they tend to get ignored too don't they), a simple hi really does make a difference though :). I try and be as normal and genuine as possible, usually I'm too busy to be insanely happy and smiley lol.

LOL what a dumb girl! I usually leave people alone in change rooms, especially if they're trying on swimwear...I'll come over and ask if they need a hand or to swap sizes but that's it. Usually when they want my opinion they'll open the door and ask for it (and if it looks very hideous, I usually turn the question back on them, it's more important they are comfortable, fitted properly and like what they are wearing than what some stranger thinks, plus what I may think is hideous other people may love)

Yeah I hate it when shop assistants are all over you when you're trying things on. Especially when you try something on and it looks hideous or is too small and then they're right outside going 'Come out and show us!' and you're like uhm...no. lol

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
when I ask if it's to eat in or take away they say "pepsi" :bomb:
I'm so glad that next week is my last week there.

I can help here.

Usually at fast food stores you people serving us speak WAY TOO LOW, where we can't hear what you guys are saying..... thats probably why they said "pepsi".

CieL

HSC
This is from the same customer on two seperate occasions:

#1 If you ask where a product is, and I tell you "it's in aisle 4 on your left".. please try to open your eyes.

Like I told her that when she asked me where the eggs were.. so she heads off in that direction and dawdles around.. I found some loose stock that also belongs in that aisle and started walking to the far end of aisle4 to put it away. I put that item away and she was there in my face again saying, "Where is it? I don't see it".. in which I replied, "Uhh.. it's right behind you"

#2 Cigarettes: I know the whole range, I know what colour/strength the manufacturers make.. so don't argue with me when I cannot provide you with something that doesn't exist.

She comes to my register, I scan all her crap and the convo goes like this:
Her: And a packet of Dunhill
Me: Dunhill........ which colour/strength?
Her: Gold
Me: ........................ Um, there is no such thing as Dunhill Gold..
Her: Yes there is!
Me: No.. Dunhill comes in red, blue, silver and white.. perhaps you're thinking Winfield? Or maybe a gold packaging like B&H?
Her: I'VE BEEN BUYING DUNHILL GOLD FOR 2WKS!
Me: *think: omg are you fucking retarded + bogans dont smoke Dunhills*
Her: Look I don't want to argue with you...
Me: Neither do I.. I just want to give you your smokes too -
Her: I want Dunhill Gold
Me: - But they dont exist
Her: Urghhh.. I've been smoking them, and they even come in the twin packets too
Me: *remembers we sell twin packs of Peter Jackson Gold* Are you talking about Peter Jackson Gold?
Her: *pause* Ohh yes, Peter Jackson *laughs*

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad

#1 If you ask where a product is, and I tell you "it's in aisle 4 on your left".. please try to open your eyes.

Like I told her that when she asked me where the eggs were.. so she heads off in that direction and dawdles around.. I found some loose stock that also belongs in that aisle and started walking to the far end of aisle4 to put it away. I put that item away and she was there in my face again saying, "Where is it? I don't see it".. in which I replied, "Uhh.. it's right behind you"

#2 Cigarettes: I know the whole range, I know what colour/strength the manufacturers make.. so don't argue with me when I cannot provide you with something that doesn't exist.

She comes to my register, I scan all her crap and the convo goes like this:
Her: And a packet of Dunhill
Me: Dunhill........ which colour/strength?
Her: Gold
Me: ........................ Um, there is no such thing as Dunhill Gold..
Her: Yes there is!
Me: No.. Dunhill comes in red, blue, silver and white.. perhaps you're thinking Winfield? Or maybe a gold packaging like B&H?
Her: I'VE BEEN BUYING DUNHILL GOLD FOR 2WKS!
Me: *think: omg are you fucking retarded + bogans dont smoke Dunhills*
Her: Look I don't want to argue with you...
Me: Neither do I.. I just want to give you your smokes too -
Her: I want Dunhill Gold
Me: - But they dont exist
Her: Urghhh.. I've been smoking them, and they even come in the twin packets too
Me: *remembers we sell twin packs of Peter Jackson Gold* Are you talking about Peter Jackson Gold?
Her: *pause* Ohh yes, Peter Jackson *laughs*
Lol I can totally relate with shitty customers + ciggies

Woman: Can I get a packet of Hudson and Wedges?
Me: You mean Benson and Hedges?
Woman: Yeah, whatever they've changed their name to

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
Lol I can totally relate with shitty customers + ciggies

Woman: Can I get a packet of Hudson and Wedges?
Me: You mean Benson and Hedges?
Woman: Yeah, whatever they've changed their name to
lol that was pretty funny

bubbly89

HSC
dear customer,

No, we don't have a magical second store out back. We have boxes, we never really know what is in the boxes until we open and dig through them.
This is time consuming, this isn't possible to do in what the five seconds you are willing to wait, and if you force me to go and look I will go out back, and chat with coworkers for a bit.

If I come up to you talking about a promo, this isn't because I actually think its really cool, its because if I don't, and you're a mystery shopper, I get screwed. So please don't insult me. I am just a casual worker who needs the work.

Of course we can't return underwear! Who do you think we are? This is for hygiene reasons, would you want returned underwear??

HSC
Please, if you're going to make a complaint about an operator, ensure its a half decent reason.
I had a guy line up at the service desk, ask for a supervisor, wait around for me to finish with the customer I was serving, to tell me that he didn't appreciate the operator putting his Everyday Rewards card on the scales.
WTF? You probably put it there first, or were busy putting shit in your trolley.
Its not really that big of a deal.

gella

HSC
a lady complained about me once, because i sold her about 4 or 5 pandora charms, which we pack in small boxes.
anyway, she had given them to her grandkids, and they were playing with them on the floor, and once they were finished playing she put them all back in the box..all of them
then, she discovered a few hours later that one was missing.
this was somehow all my fault

jennieTalia

HSC
More for Coles:

1) If your card doesn't work after five swipes, then you need to find another way of paying. Don't keep swiping it in the same manner. You can check you are putting it through the correct way (yes, the magnetic stripe has to be INSIDE the machine....) or you can hand it to me, and I can try. But if your card has been covered in dog shit and whatever else you drag it through... it probably won't work.
It isn't my machine. It's you. And/Or your card. Don't ask to see my supervisor over it, because they will tell you as much. I don't give a rats if it worked in an ATM "5 minutes ago" (Yeah, sure, you've been in the queue for longer than that), go use the ATM and get the money out.

2) No, you can't buy cigarettes from the register, you need to go to go to the front desk. What, you think like I have some magical Pandora's box filled with all the different brands right here? Honestly, if you can't see it, I probably don't have it.

3) If you want a newspaper go fucking get it. Don't say to me "Oh, and I'll have the Sun Herald thanks" and just stand there like a twat, or I'll say "Sure, they're just over there at the front thanks". I'm here to scan, not to fetch items at your request.

4) Yep, I know it's hot outside. What was your point again?

5) Don't, for the love of anything, say "Good morning" when I say "How are you?"

6)Don't put your bread at the bottom of the trolley, let it get squashed, and then run off to get more bread, leaving me with the mutated loaf.

7) When I hand you the receipt, our conversation ENDS. Don't try to keep it going when I'm serving someone else.

Peartie

HSC

I loved it when I sent them to Aisle 4 and i told them its on the left hand side just past this about 3/4s of the way up - i even was sometimes able to say exactly what shelf it was on and what it was next to. They come back to me and say im telling lies and its not really there. Felt so good when i walked to the exact point where it was and pointed it out and they just pick it up and storm off....made me feel so good :p

not quite cigarettes but i used to be the only person at the business that was doing sales. I ordered everything and I knew exactly what we had in stock. Everytime you called up you talked to me so you knew that i pretty much knew every damn thing about what we sold. Believe me when I say its a) not in stock b) we dont stock it or c) its impossible to get anymore because its a discontinued line!

Also: dont ring me up and abuse me because we arent answering the door - you're using a 4 year old price list with the address from where we moved from 2 years previously. And then when you get to our new address don't abuse me and say we should have a sign up saying we've moved....we did - 4 years ago BEFORE I EVEN WORKED THERE!!!!!!

HSC
Also with smokes I love these ones
Me: What would you like?
You: Winfield
Me: ....which colour
Me: Which colour winfield
You: Winfield!!
Me: Blue? Gold? Red?...
You: Oh um blue.

Old man did it last week but it went on for much longer and it was B+H, I suggested colours and he's going no no the one in the top corner, so I point to classic and he says no the top corner. I point to and suggest every colour/flavour there is and start pointing for the second time when he says "yes those!" and I say "I pointed to those ones, and said them".

Also please don't ring someone once you're at the counter for what smokes they want. And don't be rude to me about it, I really have better things to do when we're closing in 10 minutes than wait for you to call your drunk friends to ask what they want.

HSC
Also with smokes I love these ones
Me: What would you like?
Me: ....which colour
Me: Which colour winfield
You: Winfield!!
Me: Blue? Gold? Red?...
You: Oh um blue.

Old man did it last week but it went on for much longer and it was B+H, I suggested colours and he's going no no the one in the top corner, so I point to classic and he says no the top corner. I point to and suggest every colour/flavour there is and start pointing for the second time when he says "yes those!" and I say "I pointed to those ones, and said them".

Also please don't ring someone once you're at the counter for what smokes they want. And don't be rude to me about it, I really have better things to do when we're closing in 10 minutes than wait for you to call your drunk friends to ask what they want.
Ugh, I hate this. Why can't people learn the NAMES of their cigarettes, and not just point half heartedly.

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
lolz

i only have to do cigarettes very occasionally

and the crazy old ppl always use names involving varying degrees of "mild"-ness, which are illegal and haven't existed for years and years

so i'm like "yeah which colour is that?" lol

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
lolz

i only have to do cigarettes very occasionally

and the crazy old ppl always use names involving varying degrees of "mild"-ness, which are illegal and haven't existed for years and years

so i'm like "yeah which colour is that?" lol
Haha yeah it's frustrating!
Seriously how hard can it be to remember THE COLOUR and the BRAND of the fucking ciggies you've been smoking for the past 20 yrs!!

AND FOR FUCKS SAKE PEOPLE if I give you a pack of ciggies with the dying baby picture on it TAKE IT AND REMIND YOURSELVES YOU'RE KILLING YOURSELF don't ask for the other packet with the less ugly picture on it.

HSC
The name and price of all products are clearly labelled. If you are not illiterate, please don't vaguely point at a giant rack of bread and say "that one!...no!...that one!" SAY THE NAME AND I WILL KNOW WHAT YOU WANT

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)