Rules for Staff (1 Viewer)

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
yeah good luck implementing that mate.

more a rule for one of the owners: christ, when there's a line/40 million returns/etc, DON'T HAVE 40 MINUTE CONVERSATIONS WITH CUSTOMERS. and if you're having a conversation and someone's waiting to be served and i'm serving someone else/returning etc, SERVE THEM, DON'T CONTINUE YOUR CONVERSATION. seriously. and i can't even fucken say anything about it.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
re ^, if you never speak up, you will never get what you want. plus i had a very valid point, why don't you try asking your manager that? no balls...

also, in regard to the owners not chipping in, that is because they are the owners, not your managers. managers have the obligation to help out, owners own the joint and they are free to whatever they feel pleased. if you dare interupt their conversation, they will chop you the next day. on the other hand, if your manager fired you for asking for help, you can raise that to his superior.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
umm. we don't have managers per se; our 'managers' own a percentage of the store so they are the same thing. so yes he is obligated to 'help out' - btw i don't think it's called 'helping out' when you're ROSTERED ON FOR A SHIFT. particularly when it's just the two of us. so basically you have nfi what you're talking about.

Last edited:

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
ah wrong. unless it is someone else who does the rosters, he is in fact giving you a hand by being there without having the need to. whilst he is there, since he is the manager/ part owner, no one is going to tell him what to do, so in any case, he is NOT obligated to do shit but to pay you. or would you rather he didn't show up at all and left you by yourself?

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
oh okay. because you know more about how my store works than i do. forgive me for my ignorance.

he is rostered on for specific shifts. one of those coincides with my shift. he does not do the roster and he only owns 5% of the store. his ownership is a recent acquisition; his habit of conducting fucking 40 minute conversations with customers is not. i like him a lot, i think he's a nice guy, i enjoy some of the conversations we have and i really like the store & how we're treated but the reality of the dynamic of my workplace is that there are only ever a couple of people working at a time and therefore we all need to do our share of work.

anyway, my point is, why are you claiming to know more about how my store runs than i do? also out of interest do you work full time, what? i'm guessing i've been in the workforce longer than you, in fact i can guarantee it and i've worked for big and small companies and i'm sorry, working in a small store is NOT the same dynamic as working for a large company.

J

jhakka

wuddie said:
we've had another problem with people not turning up to work and worse still, not calling in this week. the kitchen had 3 people, coping with a function of 24 and another one of 15 + constant orders. i was really pissed off with the fact that people not turning up.

you turn up to work expect to only do so much, suddenly that is threefold because some people are inconsiderate, should it be fair that those who turned up get triple the pay? that is something management should think about. i suggest everyone raises that issue at their workplace, because you have a very valid point.
Rather than bitching about inconsiderate staff, why don't you just quit your job because clearly you're not suited to dealing with different types of people. Rather than whinging, why don't you actually do something about it?

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
jhakka said:
Rather than bitching about inconsiderate staff, why don't you just quit your job because clearly you're not suited to dealing with different types of people. Rather than whinging, why don't you actually do something about it?

hahaha respect.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
jhakka said:
oh you big boy, standing up for the ladies, feeds your ego huh? if you can actually read, you'd see i've actually done something about it.

J

jhakka

Clearly I can read, because I made a relevant response to your post. And no, all you did was complain and state that everyone who shows up should get triple pay. Whining is not doing something about it. Go quit your job or something.

My ego is big enough, thank you. I don't need to stick up for the ladies in order to boost it.

Last edited by a moderator:

*Minka*

HSC
wuddie said:
if a customer asks you something you don't know, don't palm them off to another staff. own the problem and find out the answer for them. how would you feel like it if you have to repeat yourself several times before you find out the answer?
To me, I find it more responsible to direct the customer to a staff member who I know will be able to answer their question and help them out. I think it beats me going 'I don't know' and walking away. I take the customer to a staff member who knows, tell them what the customer is looking for and then they help. As a frequent shopper, I would have no problem with a sale assistant doing that with me. It has been done and I appreciate it more, even if I sometimes have to repeat the question a second time, than the person being all 'I don't know' and walking away.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
jhakka said:
Clearly I can read, because I made a relevant response to your post. And no, all you did was complain and state that everyone who shows up should get triple pay. Whining is not doing something about it. Go quit your job or something.
what exactly do you call the process of 'state that everyone who shows up should get triple pay', followed by a suggestion that a talk to the managers would help? is that whining too?

on top of that, all my posts are suggestions what staff should do at their work because i see those things happening too often. at no point did i whinge about it and left it there. so yea, you're wrong.

J

jhakka

Negative. You complained on here that people weren't showing up and that you should get their pay. At no stage did you say you approached a manager with this suggestion. You tell people to stop bitching about their jobs, and state your opinions on what should be done, and yet you can never follow through on an idea about how to address your own problems. Seems a bit strange and looks like an opportunity to tell you to QUIT UR JOB IF U DUN LIKE IT. Therefore, you're a hypocrite and a fool.

Having said that, I have no interest in arguing with fools and so I will leave this argument here. You can tell me I'm wrong all you like, but it doesn't change the fact that I'm not.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lizakith

Go go gadget spleen!
HSC
jhakka said:
Negative. You complained on here that people weren't showing up and that you should get their pay. At no stage did you say you approached a manager with this suggestion. You tell people to stop bitching about their jobs, and state your opinions on what should be done, and yet you can never follow through on an idea about how to address your own problems. Seems a bit strange and looks like an opportunity to tell you to QUIT UR JOB IF U DUN LIKE IT. Therefore, you're a hypocrite and a fool.

Having said that, I have no interest in arguing with fools and so I will leave this argument here. You can tell me I'm wrong all you like, but it doesn't change the fact that I'm not.
<3 thankyou

*Minka*

HSC
Gilbert1 said:
-Dont swear in another language around me.I dont fucking understand you but I know you are swearing (Im learning so many swear words in about 6 different languages)
I think in Croatian, so it is only natural that I am going to swear in Croatian if I drop something heavy on my foot or whatever. Get over it and be grateful that we are expanding your horizons and that you could swear with the best of them if you ever visited Zagreb or Split.

TacoTerrorist

HSC
Rules for Retail Workers

Just thought I'd type up this post to prompt discussion in relation to the 'Rules for Customers' thread. Here are my 'rules':

1) Don't say 'How are you today?' in a drab, unenthusiastic and monotone voice. I know you really don't care (and no one is blaming you for that) but at least try to put some enthusiasm into it.

2) If someone is waiting to be served at the start of the line, don't ignore them and keep on talking to your dumbass friend about something completely unrelated, especially whilst five customers are waiting to buy some crap.

Take note that I very rarely have a problem with people working in retail, and those two 'rules' are the only negative experiences I have had in that regard.

Also, someone in the 'Rules for Customers' thread was talking about how people would ask more than one employee for an item that wasn't in stock. This is because fairly often an employee will not throughly check for the needed item. This has happened to me numerous times, although I understand that retail workers are tired and don't care to look for a copy of Lord of the Rings Online in the backroom piled under some crap.

Please post your 'rules for retail workers'. :p

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Re: Rules for Retail Workers

rules for bus drivers.

1. fucking turn up when the timetable says you are supposed to

2. don't talk on your mobile phone while you're driving

3. the only thing separating the bus from the cliffside on my main road is a chicken wire fence. don't speed you fucking retard, what do you think it's 50 for?

arrgh i have had it with westbus. thank god we're moving house soon and I won't have to catch the bus as often.

jodi..1

is awesome
HSC

^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
rules for bus drivers.

1. fucking turn up when the timetable says you are supposed to

2. don't talk on your mobile phone while you're driving

3. the only thing separating the bus from the cliffside on my main road is a chicken wire fence. don't speed you fucking retard, what do you think it's 50 for?

arrgh i have had it with westbus. thank god we're moving house soon and I won't have to catch the bus as often.
Addition to number 3, that stop sign is there for a reason. A fucking idiot busdriver I once had went through the stop sign, crashed into the side of a truck that came along making a bunch of kids fly into the aisle and an old woman have to get an ambulance. And he says shit all to us, no apology or anything. And complaints to his company did shit all.

But there are a couple of nice bus drivers, but fuck some are stupid.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC

aMUSEd1977 said:
1. is affected by many variables outside his control mang.
not 40 minutes late on a very regular basis it's not

i'm a very patient person when it comes to shit like this but god, the timetable says 8:30 and you turn up at 9:10, what is wrong with you, it's not like there's traffic.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)