Rules for workers (1 Viewer)

llamalope

yes, they're my legs.
Left BOS (somewhat temporarily) on 29/12/05 to ret
HSC
ok in the spirit of "rules for customers", what are some of the things that the people who WORK in the stores do to piss you off?

-Don't look grumpy when you serve me. I am not interested in how much you hate your job
-Don't scan items as slow as you possibly can. I have places to be, believe it or not
-I would prefer to be asked if i needed any help because I know that as soon as I want help, I will never find you
-Don't under any circumstances finish your conversation beore you serve me, and then look as if I am rude for interupting you

Ohh man, my mum and I were in grace bros. last week, and we were looking at oil heaters. We looked at this guy who worked there, and gestured for him to help us, but he continued to chat with the other staff members, and took no notice of us. It was not until I was forced to wave my arms wildly standing in the middle of the store did he even consider asking us if we neeeded help. Workers like that really shit me

add to the list... and stop posting them in the other thread!

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Just because you know how the store works, it doesn't mean we do.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
lol its hard to bitcha bout workers coz iam one..and i just keep thinking about pissy things customers do

um..i understand that nightfill have a job to do but get the trolleys and boxes out of my way..you are open till midnight so i have m y right to shop without having to push shit around to get to what i want

(that doesnt really bother me..some one complained to me about it)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
iambored said:
Rules for workers:
if you see me standing there do not turn around and keep do something else. do not turn around 2 mins later to see i am still standing there and finally serve me without even greeting me. do not let a line build up while you continue to do nothing and the other worker has to look after all the other customers. if you have something important to do at least tell me you will be with me in a minute instead of leaving me to wonder why you are being rude with your back to the counter. do not talk to the other workers instead of serving me.

that sounds so self centred :p i just hate workers who don't like helping the customers and leave me waiting for 5 minutes, they should get another job without customer service
that was already posted in the other thread

as a worker i know it can be hard to stop talking to the other workers when a customer comes and you feel rude since the other workers are your friends but make sure you do stop the conversation

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Yeah, as a worker it annoys me when I have to work with other people who are really slack and spend too much time talking when we are busy. Also, I hate it when I am working in food and the other workers don't clean properly so I have to reclean their stuff. I mean, when you are working in food everything has to be cleaned immaculately, you can't do a half assed job of it.

If I go somewhere and the staff don't know an answer to my question, I understand, however I really appreciate it when they try and find an answer for me or go out of their way to help the best they can. That is really great.

Also, when I am at work, I hate it when coworkers disapear every five minutes to have a smoko and are gone for ages. They should only smoke on their breaks.

addict

'Specal' Member
HSC
one thing that some of my co workers do that give me the shits...they consistently have their registers out at the end of the day, but register hop all day so work on mine while i'm on the floor or out the back so mine is out too, then i get into trouble for that

HSC
I really have had no problems with other customers, I just find harvey norman computer staff are idiots and don't know anything and hand out wrong information

I tend to make it easier for cashiers in any job by giving them the product with barcode facing

llamalope

yes, they're my legs.
HSC
ahh bugger it.. Myer will always be grace bros to me.....

it was in the city.... and the guy wasn't even busy......

Also to other workers in my store..... It really shits me when you start bossing me around. Not only have I been working at the store longer than you have, I'm also older. Don't treat me like I'm 12 when I'm in charge for the day

llamalope

yes, they're my legs.
HSC
also.... if you are a worker and I ask you a question that you don't know the answer to..... please don't just walk away and leave me. If you could PLEASE be so kind as to direct me to somebody who does. Similarly, it annoys me when people go away to find out the answer and never come back.

elisabeth

HSC
The only thing that annoys me is some uppity bitches you find working in clothes shops, who stand around talking to their coworkers and flirt with cute customers, then look at you like you're a maggot who is unworthy of having their purchases rung up.

Skeeta

HSC
dont get angry at me when i ask what the cocktail of the week. The sign says cocktail of the week - and doesnt specify so either do something about the sign.. or tell me what it is.

Once u finially tell me what it is.. dont tell me that you cant make it. You could have made anything up on the spot.. say its vodka and lemonade.. i really wouldnt give a shit but i dont need a five minute explanation on the ingredients and the process of making it if you dont have the stuff to make it for me.

AND the reason i didnt bother getting the $1.35 change isnt because i think ur an excellent worker so dont put that shit on me.. its coz u look like the kind of tosser that would give it 2 me in 10c pieces and im not interested in carrying granny change around all night.

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
ok, workers.....

if i come into your shop and am about to purchase something, dont look at me like im a piece of shit. Do you want my money or not?

If i ask where something is please dont sigh and groan and then vaguely tell me its "on the other side of the store" i dont expect you to walk me to it, but the name of the section would of been great :)

PULL YOUR GOD DAMN PANTS UP!!! i dont want to see your ass, no matter how sexy u think it looks, it really isnt pleasing to my eyes.

If youre serving me.. please dont turn around yell to someone 100m away and ask them, at the top of your voice, what they are doing on the weekend, and then proceed to have a conversation about the latest party and who apparently had sex in the back of the car with who.....

Yeah, im done.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
rules for workers..dont ask me as soon as i walk into a clothes shop if i need any help
nothing frustrates me more
i dont want help..im capable of looking around and finding my size
and when i need help i will ask you

rule for mum(dont say yes she neeeds help shes looking for a blah bah)
as soon as they help you and find u shit u feel obliged to try it on and eventually buy it..i cant say no very easily..
i always say..hm i will think about it..or i will come back
never happens

waterfowl

HSC
soha said:
rules for workers..dont ask me as soon as i walk into a clothes shop if i need any help
nothing frustrates me more
Unfortunately we/they have to most of the time.
If you were a mystery shopper, not that we really care what they say, you would deduct an immediate 4 points if we didn't greet you straight away.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
do not ask me if i want something to go with what i am about to buy

don't try to sell me more products

don't use the fact you know me as a way to try and get more business for the company

don't be pushy, i won't come back

especially don't be pushy if you're pay isn't going to rise with the sales you make

waterfowl

HSC
iambored said:
do not ask me if i want something to go with what i am about to buy

don't try to sell me more products

don't use the fact you know me as a way to try and get more business for the company

don't be pushy, i won't come back

especially don't be pushy if you're pay isn't going to rise with the sales you make
Again, they/we are required to do that, if we don't we get introuble (if managers find out we aren't upselling).

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
i know ey..people are practically(including myself)
complaining and asking workers ..not to do their job around them
dont ask if i need help..and dont ask if i want fried with that
its their job after all

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)