• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Ruse (1 Viewer)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by freaking_out
yeah, so its no suprising that they always come first, coz they skim/steal all the top students from around the state!
exactly! and as i said, if they didn't come first there would be a pretty big problem

unmentionable

HSC
well they are normal ppl but they are just naturally smart ion subjects such as 4u maths and so on so they keep getting good results
and they also kick out those who do bad eg under 85% (i kno of someone who got kiked out in yr8 cos he got 85% in a test)

mazza_728

Manda xoxo
HSC
ahh ok - because on these forums ive heard about ruse so much but other than that i dont think ive ever heard of them at all .. is it near kograh? Im jealous of these peoples - i wish i was smart enough to be accepted but after i think about it i would be the smallest fish in the biggest pond - while at my school im the big fish in the lil pond.. do u get wat i mean? I like being the bigger fish - self esteem boost :)

Huy

HSC
N/A
Mazza,

They (JRAHS) are located in Carlingford, on Felton Road. It is, to my knowledge, nowhere near Kogarah (which is further east, if I'm not mistaken).

:)

is a roflcopter
HSC
kogarah is south

where st george girls is

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Newbie
kogarah is south
I meant: Further east of James Ruse? (Carlingford) :p

Yes, St. George Girls' HS is located in Kogarah, although I only have one friend who goes there.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Rorix
The only way in which Ruse helps over any other school imo is providing competition so the students don't get complacent and actually put some effort in.
haha no amount of competition would have given me any incentive, actually would have proved detrimental

Originally posted by MoNNiE
umm.. ruse people actually are pretty normal..
there are just only a selected few which are like study maniacs
the rest..are rather funny.. and kinda rebellious.. (well my friend is )
rebellious....lol....

Rorix

HSC
and they also kick out those who do bad eg under 85% (i kno of someone who got kiked out in yr8 cos he got 85% in a test)
If you're talking about who I think you're talking about, he got kicked out for a lot more reasons that 85% in a test. Believe it or not, not everyone at Ruse performs really well - the bottom 10% or so would be about equal to one of the lower performing selective schools. A poor mark on a test would definatly not get you kicked out (in fact I think this is illegal). If you consistantly performed badly and made no effort to do school work at all, then you might be called in for a 'chat'.

Wohzazz

HSC
are we all basing on the fact that they 'steal' all the good students to disprove their quality of education?
maybe it's just me, but JR doesn't really have a good reputation in these forums
don't see the same types of opinion of NSGHS

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by Wohzazz
are we all basing on the fact that they 'steal' all the good students to disprove their quality of education?
maybe it's just me, but JR doesn't really have a good reputation in these forums
don't see the same types of opinion of NSGHS

Well to be honest they do, a teacher told me they buy students out the good ones, he mentioned a girl from his old school i think got a 100 i think in the maths comp and they hunted her down as in got her into the school... but yeah you never know they probably do you know!

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by Huy
Do the nurses visit the boys as well? -- because boys can be stressed out from studying, too.

And there's only one solution for that... 'nurse visits' ;) :D

REOW!!!

Huy

HSC
N/A
I deleted that.

kimmeh's post reads "NSGHS" -- I was thinking NSBHS. :p

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Winston
HAHHAHAA!
I wasn't thinking about NS Boys! :rolleyes:

I thought they had nurses in both NSG and NSB High School, so... you know, that's why I said it. ;)

picaresque

HSC
Students are not stolen. Students (or their parents) apply and send in their comp results and school results and then a certain number are selected to be added to the student body.

It's not a private school looking for rugby players, mmk? :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)