• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Same-Sex Marriage (1 Viewer)

Your opinion on same-sex marriage:

• For it

Votes: 63 50.0%
  • For "civil uniuons"

Votes: 11 8.7%
  • Against it

Votes: 35 27.8%
  • Have no strong opinion

Votes: 17 13.5%

• Total voters

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
Originally posted by SKA
obviously if they are willing to put kids thru their relationship which isnt accpeted then.. no.. they are thinking about their relationship as a couple not their rlationship as parents
ska - i'm open to everyone's opinions, and i respect your views but you have a LOT of flaws in your arguments. the above quoted is an exmaple of that - i;m not gay, but i assume they would have the same wants and desires as heterosexuals, to start a family. do you have any proof that they would be any less loving and caring towards the child than a heterosexual couple? yeah, teh kid might get teased a bit at school, but unfortunately that's life. i used to get teased coz i was the only chinese in a primary school full of anglo or italians - but after they got used to it, it stopped. i'm not saying that it'll be the same situation for children of gay parents, but society is a lot more accepting now.

you make so many generalisations.... the way you word some of your points probably isn't very wise, you probably don't mean it that way but when you say things like "real" parents, everyone else assumes that you don't believe gay parents are classified as "real", especially when you defined "real" as loving caring parents. i'm sure there would be no difference in the love and care between homosexuals and heterosexuals.

Originally posted by glycerine
okay, do you look at a guy and say "okay, that's the one I choose to feel attracted to"? No. Sexual urges are not choices.
exactly. there are so many sexy guys (and girls!) out there :D you can't help who you're attracted to.

Alexander

Gold Member
I'd challenge that. Your sexuality is determined by your circumstances, not yourself. A lot of homosexual people had a domineering mother that instilled a subliminal fear of women, perhaps lesbians had a bad experience with men.
Everyone (straight or gay) can recognise an attractive person (male or female). It's geomotry of the body....attractive people have all the proportions on their face and body evenly shaped, thus being attractive. I'm honest enough to admit that I can recognise a good looking guy, but that in no way indicates sexuality. Sex is the defining issue, whether you imagine intercourse with the attractive person or not, and that depends on the subliminal (or otherwise) experiences of your history.
If you dont believe me ask Freud.

Generator

HSC
N/A
A lot and perhaps... Great terms to use for your argument.

The only element of choice that I am aware of with this matter is whether the person accepts who or they are or whether they suppress it (the best example that comes to mind is the major from american beauty).

Last edited:
I'd point out the arguments for a child needing male and female influences when growing up, but SKA is so bad at arguing that I hesistate to be anywhere near her position. :(

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by George W. Bush
I'd point out the arguments for a child needing male and female influences when growing up, but SKA is so bad at arguing that I hesistate to be anywhere near her position. :(
So if a child's father/mother dies what would happen? Take them away and chuck them in an orphange.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Originally posted by Xayma
So if a child's father/mother dies what would happen? Take them away and chuck them in an orphange.
I've already tried that argument. Seems it goes in one ear and straight out the other.

There's a difference - if a child's father or mother dies, this is a tragedy but not a common occurance. If you give the OK for homosexuals to have children, this will ALWAYS be the case.

SKA has discredited this side of the argument so much I refuse to comment furthur.

Alexander

Gold Member
You dont have to get too hypothetical. as i've said before, we have a responsibility to 'get it right' BEFORE life is created! That's the whole point. Tragedy is tragedy and cant be avoided, bu this is within our capabilities to control and avoid, for the well being of society. And for all the latham-nuts out their, he's against it too when children are involved, hence his debate 'crisis of australian masculinity'

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
Originally posted by George W. Bush
There's a difference - if a child's father or mother dies, this is a tragedy but not a common occurance. If you give the OK for homosexuals to have children, this will ALWAYS be the case.

SKA has discredited this side of the argument so much I refuse to comment furthur.
shouldn't divorce also be illegal?

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Originally posted by amoz_lilo
i think abortions should be illegal, stupid gullible pregnant teens should be illegal 2
What the fuck has that got to do with same-sex marriages?

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Loz#1
What the fuck has that got to do with same-sex marriages?
In case two gays or two lexbians get pregnant and their parents force them to marry?

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Originally posted by Xayma
In case two gays or two lexbians get pregnant and their parents force them to marry?
That's just a desperation argument.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Loz#1
That's just a desperation argument.
Yeah I know, but thats like the only example I could think of them that has to do with teen pregnancies, arbotions and same-sex marriages.

Iunny

I havne't been reading the other posts but just wondering

How can a homosexual couple get pregnant in the first place?

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Iunny
How can a homosexual couple get pregnant in the first place?
That's why we were wondering why amoz_lil posted what she did.

SKA

me and my baby
HSC
ow well give me reasons why my argument is flawed???

if u ask me its because u disagree with me.. thats why my argument is shit...

there is no bad or good argument... arguments are arguments.. opinions/opinions

true?

SKA

me and my baby
HSC
gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay...

u people are driving me towards hating gays now

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)