• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Same-Sex Marriage (1 Viewer)

Your opinion on same-sex marriage:

• For it

Votes: 63 50.0%
  • For "civil uniuons"

Votes: 11 8.7%
  • Against it

Votes: 35 27.8%
  • Have no strong opinion

Votes: 17 13.5%

• Total voters

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
Originally posted by SKA
im not saying gay people are incapable of love.... im just saying,.. if they choose to be that way .. then good on them... but dont drag kids into it.
homos cop shit for being gay but they dont care coz they are proud of it.
are kids gonna be proud of their parents being gay?!
1) YOU DO NOT CHOOSE TO BE GAY. GET THAT INTO YOUR THICK HEAD YOU ABSOLUTE FUCKING MORON. IT IS NOT THAT HARD A CONCEPT. DO YOU CHOOSE WHO YOU ARE ATTRACTED TO?

now that I'm down screaming at you,

2) no one's asking them to be *proud* of their parents. I'm not proud of some of the things my father has done. The point is, they will grow up accepting it, and with acceptance should come tolerance.

SKA

me and my baby
HSC
sorry i aint churchy
n this aint legal studies.. no need to find references to back up my answers... altho if i looked im sure i could find plenty!

this is a place were u state ur opinions!

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
Um, no, amongst intelligent people, you're generally expected have to back up any sweeping claims you make with fact. You know, stuff that you can prove to be true.

Protector

a little unsane
HSC
*sigh*

I'm a Presbyterian and I am for it. Whilst the Church has spoken out against it, and the bible isn't overly for it, with society as twisted as it is, its going to happen anyway without marriage.

Besides, San Francisco is a nice place...

(( No comments FSHS people or anyone from #hsc... ))

SKA

me and my baby
HSC
Originally posted by glycerine
1) YOU DO NOT CHOOSE TO BE GAY. GET THAT INTO YOUR THICK HEAD YOU ABSOLUTE FUCKING MORON. IT IS NOT THAT HARD A CONCEPT. DO YOU CHOOSE WHO YOU ARE ATTRACTED TO?

now that I'm down screaming at you,

2) no one's asking them to be *proud* of their parents. I'm not proud of some of the things my father has done. The point is, they will grow up accepting it, and with acceptance should come tolerance.

i agree with u! u cant choose who u like....
but why be selfish and choose to have kids in a homosexual relationship when u know straight off the bat that its gonna affect the kids.
im not saying people are perfect... but if u can avoid it why be like that for.
these people are only thinking about themselves and how they feel .. what about the kids!!!

u know i was watching this program on tv... a current affair.. n its not related to homosexuals but it comes into it... bear with me.

it was saying how some mothers couldnt get pregnant so they went to the sperm bank. 1 kid was happy that him mother chose to bring him to life.. the others were scared for life and cant believe that they were a donation n have no choice but to live with that...

like can u understand where im coming from..... u gotta think about how the kids will accept it.and if its not generally accepted by society.. how can kids just forget that?

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
erm yeh, just to reiterate.. homosexuality is not something you choose.. or something you 'drag someone into'. it's just how some people are, and we need to identify that. we now take women's rights for granted but a few decades ago women were discriminated against and denied equal rights as well. the society is progressive.. and yeh.

about the family unit dealie. ok traditional family is with both parents, and i'm not undermining that. if you were taking a child away from a traditional family to be raised by same sex couples then there would be objections. but what if they're raising a child who would otherwise be living in an orphanage? or a child that is living in poverty without either parent? or a child from an abusive family? if the same sex couple is offering the child a better living condition than they would otherwise be living in, then why is the fact that 2 people of the same sex is raising the child a problem?
ask yourself whether you oppose single parent families. do you oppose a child being raised by their mother and aunt? or their father and their grandfather?
if you don't have a problem with that then maybe your problem doesn't lie with the fact that it's not a traditional family, but that it's a family consisting of homosexuals.

Last edited:

Protector

a little unsane
HSC
A Current Affair is one sided.

Based on the fact that it takes ONE side of the story, that those that are probably QUITE HAPPY with their lives don't want to broadcast it.

I know a guy who was brought up by homosexual parents, his father got custody after the divorce, then his boyfriend and the child lived together. They are QUITE happy, he is one of the sweetest guys I know.

I've been to San Francisco, the people there are happy with it, they love that part of their lives, that they're allowed to do it...

I say, why not? If its going to happen anyway without the formality, why not give some formality to it and admit its existance?

SKA

me and my baby
HSC
Originally posted by Toodulu
erm yeh, just to reiterate.. homosexuality is not something you choose.. or something you 'drag someone into'. it's just how some people are, and we need to identify that. we now take women's rights for granted but a few decades ago women were discriminated against and denied equal rights as well. the society is progressive.. and yeh.

about the family unit dealie. ok traditional family is with both parents, and i'm not undermining that. if you were taking a child away from a traditional family to be raised by same sex couples then there would be objections. but what if they're raising a child who would otherwise be living in an orphanage? or a child that is living in poverty without either parent? or a child from an abusive family? if the same sex couple is offering the child a better living condition than they would otherwise be living in, then why is the fact that 2 people of the same sex is raising the child?
ask yourself whether you oppose single parent families. do you oppose a child being raised by their mother and aunt? or their father and their grandfather?
if you don't have a problem with that then maybe your problem doesn't lie with the fact that it's not a traditional family, but that it's a family consisting of homosexuals.

good point. but u say what about an aunt n a mother raising a child or a grandfather n a dad raising a child. to answer ur question i dont have a problem with this.. althou its obviously better if the child has both mum and dad.. BUT its the relationship between the parents... eg.... no mother n aunt have a sexual relationiship like homo's do. n thats what will affect the kids..

but who knows.. i think the problem is just coz its not socially accpeted.. maybe if it was and numerous homosexual couples have kids then the kids wouldnt be as affected.. but like right now.. i dont see it becoming socially accepted!

Protector

a little unsane
HSC
And if we block the way for it to become socially acceptable... then will it ever be?

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
Originally posted by SKA
i agree with u! u cant choose who u like....
but why be selfish and choose to have kids in a homosexual relationship when u know straight off the bat that its gonna affect the kids.
im not saying people are perfect... but if u can avoid it why be like that for.
these people are only thinking about themselves and how they feel .. what about the kids!!!

u know i was watching this program on tv... a current affair.. n its not related to homosexuals but it comes into it... bear with me.

it was saying how some mothers couldnt get pregnant so they went to the sperm bank. 1 kid was happy that him mother chose to bring him to life.. the others were scared for life and cant believe that they were a donation n have no choice but to live with that...

like can u understand where im coming from..... u gotta think about how the kids will accept it.and if its not generally accepted by society.. how can kids just forget that?

okay, you have used A CURRENT AFFAIR as a source. how about getting what I asked you for, some actual *fact*?

you say "I agree, attraction is not a choice!" but you have said at least TWICE that "if you choose to be homosexual...". In half an hour. I'm thinking that there's a pattern here.

Some untraditional family landscapes work, some don't. Some traditional ones are peaches and cream, others are absolute fucking shitholes. Were your parents married when you were born, Ska? Because mine weren't, and had this happened in 1924, I guarantee you that I would've been pretty heavily villified. Things CHANGE over time, but if you don't allow them that opportunity, then you're intolerant and stuck in the one spot while the rest of us are in this changing environment.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
Originally posted by SKA
good point. but u say what about an aunt n a mother raising a child or a grandfather n a dad raising a child. to answer ur question i dont have a problem with this.. althou its obviously better if the child has both mum and dad.. BUT its the relationship between the parents... eg.... no mother n aunt have a sexual relationiship like homo's do. n thats what will affect the kids..

but who knows.. i think the problem is just coz its not socially accpeted.. maybe if it was and numerous homosexual couples have kids then the kids wouldnt be as affected.. but like right now.. i dont see it becoming socially accepted!

YOU don't see it becoming socially accepted. keyword YOU. subtitle: dumbass. but really, like alex said, if we block it from ever happening, there's no way people will become tolerant enough for it to be socially acceptable.

On another note: I don't care if my parents have a sexual relationship or not. Doesn't bother me. Most people don't sit there watching their parents do it, believe it or not.

SKA

me and my baby
HSC
yeh well.. we aint talking about 1924 we are talking about 2004.

n gays n kids is just not normal aye

SKA

me and my baby
HSC
yes... keyword YOU
which equals ME
yes i am stating MY opinion.. that is all??

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
Originally posted by SKA

do you have some mild form of down syndrome or something? my point is, what is or isn't socially acceptable CHANGES over time.

Protector

a little unsane
HSC
Most people don't sit there watching their parents do it, believe it or not.
There are laws against that I think... exposing a child or something...

IMHO, if we let this through, its accepted by OUR generations. If we accept it, those after us can choose with or against us.

Love is the most beautiful thing on earth, everyone deserves it, and if their way is different to yours, do they deserve it less? If their skin colour is different does it make the love any less pure?

If you don't get the point, open your eyes.

Protector

a little unsane
HSC
Originally posted by SKA

San Francisco.

Nuff said.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
Originally posted by SKA
yes... keyword YOU
which equals ME
If you come into a discussion on something that affects an entire group of people, you have to take the social/political etc climate into account. Not just yourself. You're not doing that. hence my emphasis on how YOU think that, therefore it is your opinion, not YOU think that, therefore it is the norm

neeja

Marco Polo meows you!
HSC
Originally posted by SKA
yes... keyword YOU
which equals ME
you can state your opinions, but do not press them upon others otherwise you are invading the privacy of their minds and that makes you the

http://members.iinet.net.au/~neeja/calvin-thoughtpolice.jpg

this goes for all of you people who continue to argue on this moronic point about choice

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
Originally posted by SKA

i agree that homosexual parents would probably make growing up a pretty traumatic experience due to society.. but i think the key problem here is not whether we should be more accepting, but whether or not we should make it a law to NOT be accepting.

and yeh, if you have no problem with two people of the same sex raising the child as long as they're not homosexuals then... errrm that sounds rather discriminatory, don't you think?

SKA

me and my baby
HSC
do you have some mild form of down syndrome or something? my point is, what is or isn't socially acceptable CHANGES over time.
i know i was being a smartass.
i aint trying to prove no 1 wrong!.. thats ur opinion n this what im telling u .. is mine.

but u know what.. i would just hate to be one of those kids...
hmmm what about u..do u think it would be 'cool' to have homosexual parents?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)