• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Saturday Night and the Extension 2 Board is pumping!!! (2 Viewers)

lemonade

Coffs Harbour, but will soon be in Brisbane
Originally posted by truly-in-bliss
i didnt do sylvia plath either.......but it was the outcome of her life i was refering to.......btw..she became crazy and committed suicide........

i hear...........voices........
lemonade sneaks into bliss' house and drags out her oven.. hahaha... i have the oven now!

Originally posted by lizzy1004
oh me god didnt expect other pplz awake posting at this time.. i dunnoz i feeel so comforted dat there are many other pplz in my situation.. everyones handing it in on wendesay morning rite>>
yup, everyone's freaking out here!
well, everyone is handing it in on wednesday at 9:00... or they're failing the subject after a whole year of torment!!

Jinglebell

HSC
well, people, i have to have mine ready to be bound by 3:30 this arvo...or else just email my reflection statement tonight to be printed by my friend, so it can be bound...currently at 964 words of RS, can i do it????? (someone please tell me i can, pleeease....)

lemonade

Coffs Harbour, but will soon be in Brisbane
Originally posted by Jinglebell
well, people, i have to have mine ready to be bound by 3:30 this arvo...or else just email my reflection statement tonight to be printed by my friend, so it can be bound...currently at 964 words of RS, can i do it????? (someone please tell me i can, pleeease....)
cheerleader cheer - 'You can do it Jinglebell!'

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Jinglebell, jinglebell, jingle all the way.... to MAJOR WORK COMPLETION!!!! You can do it!!!!!

lol couldn't help myself!

Jinglebell

HSC
my friend's dad is getting our binding done for free at his work...cheaparse that i am, i'm not paying when i don't have to:)

that, and it forces me to finish so i can go and spread the last week's work over the last 2 months in my journal...somehow i don't think "i had trials so i dodn't even look at my half-finished major work for two weeks" is a good entry:)

blah says she

blah. blah. blah.
HSC
me.. wednesday morning.. officeworks.. 7:01 am.. binding..

somehow i think i'll end up just using staples

Jinglebell

HSC
awww, you're all so sweet...i have renewed confidence...right after i clean the food/drink debris from around my computer and replace it with more lollies:)

lizzy1004

HSC
hahha we gotta bind it now??/ godzzz......ahha cant belive over those few seconds theres like 5 more msgs returned+_= godzzzzzz i hope l'm not da only dat finsihed relfection sattement b4 story+_+

Jinglebell

HSC
Originally posted by truly-in-bliss
binding is just a fascade..............like pretty gals who are dumb....
yes...i am vainly attempting to disguise the ininsightful nature of my major work by making it all prettiful:)

what? you don't think it's a good plan?

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
Hopefully everyone is surviving.

I just managed to finish my Reflection Statement, so I'm pretty happy about that. Additionally, I reflected the 'pilfering is good' advice by opening it with not one, but two epigraphs. :p
Just to compare with what I had last night.

How I Wrote Certain Of My Major Work':A Reflection Statement.

"You mean the city whose foundations we have just described" he said, "the one which exists only in words; I don't imagine it can be found anywhere on Earth!" "Well," I replied, "perhaps there is a pattern of it in the heavens for anyone who is prepared to use his eyes and using them to found a city in himself"-Augustine, The City Of God.

"On the other hand, it's no use attempting to put across entirely new ideas, which will obviously carry no weight with people who are prejudiced against them. You must go to work indirectly"-Thomas More, Utopia

During the lengthy period of it's existence, the utopia has served primarily as a means of commenting upon society. It is a buried commentary located within the utopic representation, but a commentary that is the true centre of the text. This commentary is unique within every utopian text, yet these are always influenced by other texts, seemingly a paradox. The utopia itself is a concept rife with paradoxes, for it is universal yet individual, constant yet ever-changing, impossible yet omnipresent, and necessary. It is these aspects that first raised my interest in the utopia, and it's literary representation.

Of course, there's more, but I wanted to demonstrate that I managed to eventually get the intro out of the way.

But yeah, I'm also happy because my combined word length ended up being 5961 words. :D

Now I just need to 'refine' *wink* my Journals, and finish off the footnotes (44 in my essay) and bibliography. :p I think I can, I think I can

Good luck to you all, I sincerely believe that just about everyone will end up fine. It's the (62nd) story of my life, endlessly worry about something, get stressed, and then have it turn out decently. (y)

At the very least, the rampant insanity has been much fun, and in the end, isn't that what really matters?

EDIT-A recommended alternate title for this thread is 'Saturday Night's Alright (For Extension)".

Last edited:

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
Hhahaa, shit my reflection statement +_+
pray for babydoll_ please

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)