Save sex? (2 Viewers)

fijitalia

HSC
The whole save sex concept is really worrying me. I'm a christian, but have been going out with my boyfriend for over a year and have not lost my virginity to him. I'm in love with him so much, and yeh, wouldnt think twice about spending my life with him, which is where i stand:
I'm prepared to lose it to someone who i know i would spend the rest of my life with anyway.
but he's moving to another country next year.. what if we do, and then he goes for a year and it all disapears?

so where do you all stand on saving sex for mariage or giving it up for someone you do (or dont) love

fijitalia

HSC
ah, and this!

do you not know that your bodies are members of Christ? The sexually immoral person sins against his own body. Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.
1 Corinthians:6

Everlasting

HSC
Hey,

Yea im a christian too and the Bible also says in Hebrews 13:4 "Marriage should be honored by all, and the marriage bed kept pure, for God will judge the adulterer and all the sexually immoral". So its saying that the bonds of marriage be honoured and if we shoulndt go against it by breaking it.

Im at the stance of saving myself. I went out with a girl for a year aswell and i didnt lose it. 6 months passed and i dont feel as i did about her anymore at all. Its a tough situation that you are in now but God also says in Romans 8:28 "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him".

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Question.

My boyfriend's parents never married, but were highschool sweethearts and never had sex with anyone else. They have had three children and are still together.

Are they or arent they sexually immoral?

J

jhakka

What about people who can't afford to get married for whatever reason? It's quite expensive as far as I know.

Skeeta

HSC
its expensive to have a wedding

not to get married

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
Cause the bible is black and white ay?
So, like why don't we stone visually impaired priests to death?

Why do everything your told?

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
ur_inner_child said:
Question.

My boyfriend's parents never married, but were highschool sweethearts and never had sex with anyone else. They have had three children and are still together.

Are they or arent they sexually immoral?
Please reply to this question in relation to what it is that is sacred about marriage and what the above scenario must indeed lack. Goodness forbid you say love and commitment.

Everlasting

HSC
Inner child - the Bible says alot about marriage and the convenants of marriage, i cannot have an opinion on love or committment because i have no idea, but the bonds of marriage is what God intended for commited couples. Read about it in the Bible it writes alot about it. Marriage should be honoured.

The Bible should be understood...not judged on face value. The things you are talking about are from the old covenant and do not apply anymore. You must understand the context of what is written and how it applies today, there are various verses which do not apply today. I cannot provide you with all the answers, try researching more about it if you dont understand. :)

Last edited:

mr_brightside

HSC
Everlasting said:
Inner child - the Bible says alot about marriage and the convenants of marriage, you could read it up for yourself if you want. But basically yes.

The Bible should be understood...not judged on face value. The things you are talking about are from the old covenant and do not apply anymore. You must understand the context of what is written and how it applies today, there are various verses which do not apply today. I cannot provide you with all the answers, try researching more about it if you dont understand. :)
Why doesn't all of it not apply?
You cant pick the bits you like and throw the others away.

Everlasting

HSC
That is not the point. The Old Testament was the times before Christ. When Christ came, so did a new convenant. The old backed up the new. Stoning was Old Covenant. It is not about picking and choosing but understanding the context and the intention of what is being written.

Skeeta

HSC
ok well then can i say that sex before marriage is an outdated term back in 0 --> thirty/fourty something AD

and its been like... 2000 years since then

and times are a changing

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Do you find it worrying, if its all context and intention, how many differing interpretations of Christianity there are? Why out of the hundreds of times I have asked that question above I have had a different response?

And no, I'm not talking about randoms, but educated christians such as (assuming) yourself.

Why do you then feel you in particular are correct that my boyfriends parents are sexually immoral?

Last edited:

mr_brightside

HSC
Everlasting said:
That is not the point. The Old Testament was the times before Christ. When Christ came, so did a new convenant. The old backed up the new. Stoning was Old Covenant. It is not about picking and choosing but understanding the context and the intention of what is being written.
Your saying that something old backed up something completley different and new?

hsc=suicide

HSC
fucking christians....

i do believe that if you are willing to nit pick with technicalities like that within the bible about sex, would that then mean that every other facet of your life is perfect? do you not sin in any other area? or do you forget that there no such thing as a "lesser" sin? lmfao. have fun ffs.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
If iam going to hell for having sex before marriage, then iam bringing the rest of you with me for wearing two blends of material in one clothing [cotton/polyester]

My point is that basically everything is a sin, and we are sinful and sinning is what humans do best. It matters not wether you are a murderer or a good little fundamentalist because all sins were wiped equally clean by jesus... so seen as these sins have been taken away

why not have sex? its fun, its sharing something with someone geez its probably the least evil thing two people can do and yet its a sin ?? okayz

Its about interpretation, and i interpret those quotes differently, I myself do not think there is anything wrong with sex before marriage.

katy-g

HSC
**deletes my original post** - im extremely anti-religious.

I think when it comes to affairs of the heart (and loins) you have to go with your gut intsinct... that way you dont regret anything. or shouldnt at least...

But nevertheless... if it were me, and i were you (kinda thing) with your ideals and morals, i simply wouldnt do it. The guy is obviously happy with how you guys are travelling along in your relationship because he hasnt left you, or pressured you or more importantly CHEATED ON YOU (sorry... im just angry with my current situation) then just keep sailing as you are.

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
fijitalia said:
but he's moving to another country next year.. what if we do, and then he goes for a year and it all disapears?

so where do you all stand on saving sex for mariage or giving it up for someone you do (or dont) love
threadstarter - first of all, as you are a christian, sex isnt running away, you've lived 16/17/18+ however old you are years without sex, i don't think it would be too hard for you to last a few more years eh? also, why not have sex when he comes back?.....and if he doesnt, obviously he won't be your life long parnter, so i wouldnt say it's worth it, but again, up to your feelings when you are together with him, especially if your deeply attached it may be hard for you to stop yourself.

my stance is pretty clear, no marriage = no sex :) in my own case, but people who do have sex before just do it, it's not wrong, it's just a matter of opinion, also different people have different life situations and influences.
why no sex? many reasons but mainly quite practical, i need to be as sure as i can that the person is right for me, and that will be confirmed only when i decide to sign those papers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)