Save sex? (1 Viewer)

T

Testpilot

crustafa said:
Fact: I have never met someone who has regretted waiting until they were married.
How many 18 year olds have you met that are married?

Don't use your parents generation as an example because they sterotypically got married young, generally after having few relationships and pre-marital sex was something that did not happen.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
I don't understand...

...I couldn't WAIT to have sex. The thought of "saving myself" never even crossed my mind. I think having a healthy sex life is more conducive to living a happy life than one of abstinence, simply because the relaxation and stress/pain relief that sex offers is like nothing other, (as well as love and boyfriends and all that jazz of course.)

Like I say in all of these threads, if there is a God/higher power, he has infinitely more important things to worry about than whether I let someone stick their pole in my hole.

Ennaybur

HSC
N/A
haha lol 'pole in my hole' :)

and I agree, I wanted to wait for my first time (for a relationship, I don't realy know why) but now I know what it's like and like you said its a healthy way of life.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
emma_f said:
From wiktionary,

Belief can be understood as a state of mind in the process of increasing understanding that is sometimes called deduction. As people develop structures of understandings from observation or learned facts (generally accepted truths), they create a theory that is not unlike a bridge, sitting on those pillars of facts. This structure-building process is sometimes called induction. A general understanding of the specific facts is created. As people use these theories in their daily activities, research or experimentation, they tell themselves: I believe the underlying structure is true, to the best of my understanding — so, based on this theory, I will see what is to come of it. This application and testing of faith is sometimes called deduction. New, specific information is developed by testing general understanding. This application of the general to the specific is what can be called faith; belief is our thinking that our faith is applicable in a given situation.
In essence, religious belief is similar. The difference lies in how specifics are approached: it could be said that science generally builds up from facts using induction, while religion generally builds down from accepted general principles using deduction. The common area of these two pyramids is a diamond that is accepted from both directions. The understanding (faith) and the applicability of that understanding (belief) are such pairs.
How about instead of throwing blocks of text at me you actually justify what's in them?

Faith does not use any general principles to deduce anything, unless you talk about a first-mover hypothesis, which commits the fallacy of assuming that a "God" could create themselves while the universe itself could not.

IndoCanadian

HSC
We only live once and the life is short so enjoy some .Also for some ppl, its hard to resist till marriage and then to bang one thing all your life is kindaa boring and you can't tell how good or bad your martial sex is unless you have experienced it before.So enjoy pre-martial sex and then just commit yourself to your married relationship and never cheat and be content with one.

Last edited:

proverbs31girl

HSC
N/A
hey im a christian to.
I dont expect everyone to know or understand the bible. But this is my opinion for you. for me im saving sex for marrige, under my own belifs and not obligation. And im not saying im perfect becuase im not, no one is. its different for everyone, but a sin is a sin. it is as much a sin if I or you lie to someone. in the end you get to decide, i suggest you ask for some help from a christian leader at your church. they will give advice for you, and you can make you own decision, but be sure to be wise about it. I hope you get some clarity soon

and remember

Pslam: 37:24 though i stumble i will not fall, for the LORD holds me by the hand

Davriel

HSC
N/A
Ah, it's nice to see a devout Christian. Like most people in this world they're deluded and have no grip on reality, but it's nice to see one nonetheless. Now, about talking it over with your church leader? Get a grip. The only person who can decide when you have sex is you (unless you are raped in which case the offender deserves no mercy). A church leader may give advice, but in most cases you've already made your decision by then. And as usual, let me give my advice to use your brain and heart in unison, so have protection of some sort if you not prepared for pregnancy or STDs.

Before I forget, did Jesus Christ not teach us to 'love thy neighbour'?

damnueconomics

poor poor student
HSC
well its nice of everyone to go on and quote the bible but yeah the bible is contrdictory sometimes and was not really written for people of today. sure we can apply it to today but humans are influenced by more things then their spirituality. i guess it depends on a persons life experiences and how they are brought up. if your environment encourages sexual activity or does not discorage it then you may not feel any sort of pressure to not have sex. it seems like the person who asked this question seemed to have some sort of influence that discourages sexual activity. i personally think that she should wait because there is seriously no hurry and if they are going away they are going to come back. and as for all of the religious stuff coming in, we don't really know what god wants. sure thee bible might say stuff about god but god did not physically write it. and im not saying the bible is just jibberish i just don't think it should be taken as fundamentally as some people do. but i guess it depends what chrisitan you are. hmm but it is pretty cool that some of the pople on this thread know so much about theology. =)

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
proverbs31girl said:
hey im a christian to.
I dont expect everyone to know or understand the bible. But this is my opinion for you. for me im saving sex for marrige, under my own belifs and not obligation. And im not saying im perfect becuase im not, no one is. its different for everyone, but a sin is a sin. it is as much a sin if I or you lie to someone. in the end you get to decide, i suggest you ask for some help from a christian leader at your church. they will give advice for you, and you can make you own decision, but be sure to be wise about it. I hope you get some clarity soon
Last time I went to a youth group meeting that was run by the church, it was supposedly non-religious, but a devout Christian by the name of Dave decided to try and put a religious spin on my absurdist view of the world (he was good at it because I usually catch onto the subtext of a conversation very quickly). Quite funny to watch a guy with a degree in pure mathematics get caught up in a paradox. Creepy too, as his heard neadly exploded as he tried to get out of it.

I just love it how you people try adn ram rleigion down my throat. It's almost as if you're insecure about your faith and feel the need to spread it around. Folk don't want a man (or woman) of God, because they make us feel judged. You can hold your own views and you can express them, but don't let the religious subtext become text itself.
proverbs31girl said:
and remember

Pslam: 37:24 though i stumble i will not fall, for the LORD holds me by the hand
How about you remember Soundgarden 3:4, more commonly known as Jesus Christ Pose (track four from their third album Badmotorfinger):

And you stare at me in your Jesus Christ pose
Arms held out like you've been carrying a load
And you swear to me you don't want to be my slave
But you're staring at me like I need to be saved

In your Jesus Christ pose

Arms held out in your Jesus Christ pose
Thorns and shroud like it's the coming of the Lord
And I swear to you that I would never feed you pain
But you're staring at me like I'm driving the nails

And you stare at me in your Jesus Christ pose
Arms held out like it's the coming of the Lord
And would it pay you more to walk on water
Than to wear a crown of thorns
It wouldn't pain me more to bury you rich
Than to bury you poor

Last edited:

Davriel

HSC
N/A
damnueconomics said:
well its nice of everyone to go on and quote the bible but yeah the bible is contrdictory sometimes and was not really written for people of today. sure we can apply it to today but humans are influenced by more things then their spirituality. i guess it depends on a persons life experiences and how they are brought up. if your environment encourages sexual activity or does not discorage it then you may not feel any sort of pressure to not have sex. it seems like the person who asked this question seemed to have some sort of influence that discourages sexual activity. i personally think that she should wait because there is seriously no hurry and if they are going away they are going to come back. and as for all of the religious stuff coming in, we don't really know what god wants. sure thee bible might say stuff about god but god did not physically write it. and im not saying the bible is just jibberish i just don't think it should be taken as fundamentally as some people do. but i guess it depends what chrisitan you are. hmm but it is pretty cool that some of the pople on this thread know so much about theology. =)
Couldn't agree more.

proverbs31girl

HSC
N/A
Before I forget, did Jesus Christ not teach us to 'love thy neighbour'?[/quote]

haha thats a good one, i get remarks like that all the time. (this comment isnt just for you but others.) oh and thanx for saying im a devout christian, i try my best but i gotta say i do slip up, but thankyou. like i was saying earlier, i dont expect people to understand my beliefs and i try my best not to force it on anyone. to "outinspace' (i think your name is) i agree its totally gay when people shove religion down your throat, i mean i get it today ocasionally, even being a christian. I respect your opinions, you make good points. but just know that not all christians are like that.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
proverbs31girl said:
Before I forget, did Jesus Christ not teach us to 'love thy neighbour'?

haha thats a good one, i get remarks like that all the time. (this comment isnt just for you but others.) oh and thanx for saying im a devout christian, i try my best but i gotta say i do slip up, but thankyou. like i was saying earlier, i dont expect people to understand my beliefs and i try my best not to force it on anyone. to "outinspace' (i think your name is) i agree its totally gay when people shove religion down your throat, i mean i get it today ocasionally, even being a christian. I respect your opinions, you make good points. but just know that not all christians are like that.[/quote]You missed my point: you can be Christian without advertising it. You came across as having a holier-than-thou attitude when you started quoting the Bible. Made it look like you thought you were above everyone because of what you believe in, escpecially in a thread of this nature. Be Christian. But don't advertise it.

By the way, it's ObjectsInSpace.

proverbs31girl

HSC
N/A
Before I forget, did Jesus Christ not teach us to 'love thy neighbour'?[/quote]

haha thats a good one, i get remarks like that all the time. and thanxs for saying i was a devout christian, i try my best, but i gotta say i do slip up sometimes, but thankyou.

to 'outinspace' (i think you name is), i totally agree that it gay when peopple shove religion down your throat. i get it sometimes these day, even though im a christian. i myself try not to force it on anyone, unless they ask me or are interested. i wouldnt want to get into detail but my point is not all christians are like that.

by the way i respect your opions, even if i dont agree with all of them.

proverbs31girl

HSC
N/A
sorry it came across that way. the scripture was for the girl. i really dont think im better than anyone. i dislike people that way, and i try to stay far from being one. ill take in your advice of not advertising my christianity. chuck me some more advice if you like, im always up for hearing it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)