Saw a girl at a family gathering... (1 Viewer)

turntaker

HSC
"The one?" OP is probably around eighteen years of age. The chances this girl is "the one," if such a thing even exists, are close to zero. And how would it not be a little forward if he repeated what he just described to us to some stranger that he's never really met? Forward is an understatement, really.

Now speaking directly to OP, there are going to many other opportunities in life, so don't worry. :) You'll be able to act more confidently next time and hopefully have a better outcome!
Yes you are right my friend.. But if he REALLY wants her he should find her somehow. But maybe this is just a life lesson to be more confident next time.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Fonzie32

HSC
Some good points made here. I think a lot of guys, and for that fact, girls too can take a lot of this advise into their own lives.

If it was me, I would just let it go and move on. I know it kills to let go, I've been there and done that like many others. But we have to be realistic here. What are the chances of you adding the girl, then her being nice to you, then the whole thing getting to a stage where you're both more than friends? Wouldn't you think it's creepy if a guy added you like 2 months after not actually meeting her and then wanting to be more than friends?

Do you think she would really want to meet up if you ask? Chances are she won't, but there's still just as good a chance she will.

I think this all comes down to each others personalities and such. Seems like OP doesn't have the confidence to do that.

Let me tell you all a little story about myself... I started my first day of year 11 and it was also the day I met 3 new girls (they were basically their own group of 3). There was one who was in one of my classes and the other 2 weren't. One of the ones that wasn't in my class was my biggest crush of my life. I did have a crush on the one in my class but as I found out more about her, the more I got turned away even though she was such a nice person, the things she did and still did were something I couldn't live around. Now, the one that I had the big crush on was someone who I didn't really think much of when I first met her.

When I started year 11, I was actually on a "break" with a "girlfriend" (it was complicated as hell). When we were "together" I felt as if my life was limited to just her. I stopped everything to talk to her and we only saw each other about 12 times in the year (lived far away). I felt so locked away from my normal life... So when her parents had a talk with her (after MANY talks) I couldn't take it. They didn't like her dating so I told her I couldn't do it after about a year. So when we were on this "break" I felt so FREE. My normal life was back. I could talk to other girls without feeling like a jerk. So after about 2 weeks of year 11 I told the "girlfriend" I wanted to end this. So I did in a very kind way. I explained to her WHY I couldn't do it anymore and blah blah.

So after that, I started talking to the crush at school a lot. We'd sit together during breaks and all that cute stuff. Sometimes she would even sit next to me when she saw me by myself. Now I think back to those times, I really regret not asking her out even though we were such good friends in such a short time. I don't know why I didn't think of asking her out before, but when I did, the SAME week I thought about it, I found out she had just gotten a boyfriend. From a different school. Lucky for him cos I would have punched the donkey balls out of him. Just kidding...

So I thought I'd lost her for good, so I just naturally cut down talking to her cos I thought I was going to steal her from her guy. Then when she broke up with her I had pretty much stopped talking to her already. Anyway, I still think about her till this day, but It's not as bad as OP makes himself seem about his crush.

Moral of story... Guys, Girls, If you see someone you like, just go up to them as soon as possible and introduce yourself. If it's school then you can put it off for a few days and just flirt via eye contact then introduce yourself. If it's something like OP's party and you know you won't see her again, then you have to man up and do it then and there.

Sorry OP.. I know how you feel.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
bad advice, talk to anyone whenever you like, if they're nice they will talk to you if they're an asshole they're an asshole
but they might think badly of you if you've been staring at them for the past 50 minutes

it's maximum probability estimation

"The one?" OP is probably around eighteen years of age. The chances this girl is "the one," if such a thing even exists, are close to zero. And how would it not be a little forward if he repeated what he just described to us to some stranger that he's never really met? Forward is an understatement, really.

Now speaking directly to OP, there are going to many other opportunities in life, so don't worry. :) You'll be able to act more confidently next time and hopefully have a better outcome!
woah woah woah

u wot m8

fizzbylightning

HSC
Uni Grad
U know what OP, I think u should do whatever u want to do. If u feel like going for it, go for it! Even with most of these people saying u have missed ur chance. Just do things spontaneously and do what feels right. I have made several uncalculated decisions in my life from the heart as opposed to the head and things haven't turned out too bad. If u think too much, it's too late u know?

Last edited:

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
U know what OP, I think u should do whatever u want to do. If u feel like going for it, go for it! Even with most of these people saying u have missed ur chance. Just do things spontaneously and do what feels right. I have made several uncalculated decisions in my life from the heart as opposed to the head and things haven't turned out too bad. If u think too much, it's too late u know?
Come to think about, OP would it hurt to add her and if she ends up thinking your a total crepe (to the point she tells her parents about it and stuff), would it hurt you in any way? If you are never going to see her again, or her parents, then if you end up being a total crepe in her mind it shouldn't matter to you any way because she will never see you again and you have no damaged reputation with your parents or other friends and family at the gathering.

KitchenSinky

HSC
Come to think about, OP would it hurt to add her and if she ends up thinking your a total crepe (to the point she tells her parents about it and stuff), would it hurt you in any way? If you are never going to see her again, or her parents, then if you end up being a total crepe in her mind it shouldn't matter to you any way because she will never see you again and you have no damaged reputation with your parents or other friends and family at the gathering.
This ^
Just go for it m8, get that pussy

Although, how do you know she is the one if all you did was stare at her for an hour? You know nothing about her personality, meaning that you just want to fuck her.

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC
oh dear

girls dont care if you say hi (in regards to whether its awkward or not) to them as long as you're not creepy while you do it

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
you have a 0% chance of getting with her if you don't send that fb request, you have a 0.1% chance if you do

so just send the request

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)