Sc Exam Thoughts (1 Viewer)

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
-pari- said:
huhh^^^???? lol, ok :S well i just used a simple tree diagram of 5 circles and everythin, and i think i got 10...coz 20 didn't work out

geo: the last 2 page question, we didn't touch that topic at all.....so i was completely clueless. a lot of BIG SPACIOUS WRITING and bull for me lol some of the multiple choice were weird coz i hadn't learnt those topics eg urban growth/decline

history : was okay, the last long response was such a relief....!! lol i new the answers off by heart, and it was pretty easy for me

maths: finished just in time was okay though i probly made several stupid errors. btw, that grl runnin to the end of the jetty....i got 5:55am...??? she took 25 min, ???

o well

hey i was just wondering...do they ever scale u DOWN....? that's all i'm scared of. otherwise i'm sure i did okay......
aww pari, remember that geo half yearly notes i posted? there were stuff like EIS and methods of attempting to change the gov decisions eg. lobbying! never mind, don't worry, i myself didn't do that well for the response either :( couldn't remember all the stuff i once knew >.< have a consolation hug from someone who did equally badly *hugz* :p

HSC
47sniper said:
All our examiners were old people that looked like teachers in our school after 20 years.
That's pretty much the same as for my schools sc, except that one of them was young and they were all girls (and they werent flirting ;))

kido_1

pRoFFeSSoR
HSC
Checking Your Answers!!!

Ok, now this is my first post bcz I am new here, just a few things I wanted to tell you,

Science-
Common Errors-Biosphere, Ecosystem
ANSWER- ENVIRONMENT

Another answer was infectious, not pathogens

MAths
tHE ANSWER TO ONE OF THE LAST QUESTIONS WAS 6.05 BCZ TRAVELLING AT 6.8 KM\H IT WULD TAKE HIM 15 minutes to cova 1.7 km and meet amy at the same time.

Hey wat did use put for multi choice 4 Science, There are like 2 I was'nt sure about, the only ones....

kodos

Premium Member
HSC
kido_1 said:
Ok, now this is my first post bcz I am new here, just a few things I wanted to tell you,

Science-
Common Errors-Biosphere, Ecosystem
ANSWER- ENVIRONMENT

Another answer was infectious, not pathogens

MAths
tHE ANSWER TO ONE OF THE LAST QUESTIONS WAS 6.05 BCZ TRAVELLING AT 6.8 KM\H IT WULD TAKE HIM 15 minutes to cova 1.7 km and meet amy at the same time.

Hey wat did use put for multi choice 4 Science, There are like 2 I was'nt sure about, the only ones....
Are you sure infectious? I'm pretty sure it is pathogens and i even ask my science teacher who is marking the school c tonight.

Kinkish

HSC
N/A
ROFL I was so clueless for that question I put "Contaminations" or something like that I can't remember what fitted in those boxes. XD

Talk about lame.

For English I wrote about a girl who had to go and live with her grandmother after her parents died, but it wasn't really revealed until the last paragraph. Meh I just made it up as I went along. :rolleyes: I had no idea what to write about with that editorial thing.

47sniper

HSC
N/A
I wrote about this woman meeting her mother after she'd spent 20 years in jail for killing her dad :)

kido_1

pRoFFeSSoR
HSC
What?

:rolleyes: :hammer: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
kodos said:
Are you sure infectious? I'm pretty sure it is pathogens and i even ask my science teacher who is marking the school c tonight.

Look. Does your science teacher actually mark the School Certificate, the only problem is my science teacher said it was infectious and they asked what do you call such diseases?
Only 2 types
non-infectious
infectious

I chose infectious. Anyways we will find out later on!!!
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :cool: :cool: :) :) :apig: :apig: :axedeath: :drink: :rofl: :headbang: :spaceshp: :hammer: :bat: :gridnod: :argue: :santa: :angry:

47sniper

HSC
N/A
basketcase89 said:
LOL almost the same as mine.... are you at school?
hmm
I was at school when I posted that. I always post at school :D and update my lj too.

airie

HSC
lol yeah i think that answer should have been infectious too :D but would contagious work as well? one of my friends put it as that, and i think it should have been fine. what do you guys think?

also, aarrgghh!! i can't believe the answer to that question about living things was environment! :K but shouldn't it be biosphere? shouldn't it? :( i mean, it's all living things, and there are abiotic elements in the environment, so wouldn't it make environment wrong as the answer? oxygen is part of the environment, for example, and it's not a living thing!

kido_1

pRoFFeSSoR
HSC
Umm..

The truth is that Me and two other people were the only ones that put Environment. Why?
Because the word environment means living things and their SURROUNDINGS. Why would they include, lithosphere and hydrosphere if the answer was biosphere. Biosphere just means the place were living things exist.

K o k o

The Calling
HSC
But environment just sounds...lame. Yeah well even my science teacher said it was biosphere. Anyway, its just one mark...

airie

HSC
kido_1 said:
The truth is that Me and two other people were the only ones that put Environment. Why?
Because the word environment means living things and their SURROUNDINGS. Why would they include, lithosphere and hydrosphere if the answer was biosphere. Biosphere just means the place were living things exist.
did the question as for surroundings? o.0 *blink* oh...right...it's just that i remember it asking for all living things on land and in sea and stuff...XP

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
I put biosphere because the question said all life on earth.... I dont think all of earth is an environment an environment means life in a specific type of area.

The question asked for the term which described all life on earth, the ocean/sea and life in it etc...

Encarta Dictionary definitions:

Bioshphere: planet Earth and its life: the whole area of Earth's surface, atmosphere, and sea that is inhabited by living things

Environment: surrounding influences: all the external factors influencing the life and activities of people, plants, and animals
The question did not ask how it life functioned or for the term to describe life in a specific location/area.
So the answer is BIOSPHERE!!! YOUR WRONG KIDO_1

Last edited:

Kinkish

HSC
N/A
What did everyone put for that question about the Toothpaste ad? I think that was such a lame excuse for a science question. I didn't know so I think I chose "because it's a health care product" which was totally wrong. I can't remember what the other choices were.

K o k o

The Calling
HSC
Woo! I'm with you Wooz, biosphere all the way!
Oh & Kinkish, i put something along the lines of it being scientifically tested.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)