SC Trials (1 Viewer)

Aznmichael92

HSC
does anyone have the sc trials coming up? I got it next week and its giving me a pain in the head. I wish I hadnt chose IST as a subject. I hate doing theory for it...

Dr. Zoidberg

HSC
That's weird. Nobody in my school did trials for their electives. We only did it for English, Maths, Science, geo, Hist and computers skills.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Trials for electives are basically just assessments for school reports.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
I would imagine that the 'trials' are also contributing to the grade that your school will be giving you for that subject.

My school will be holding them in the last week of term and we examine every subject, including PDHPE.

CoryM-P

HSC
Aznmichael92 said:
does anyone have the sc trials coming up? I got it next week and its giving me a pain in the head. I wish I hadnt chose IST as a subject. I hate doing theory for it...
Almost everyone I know hates IST.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
In my school the trials didn't end up counting. Although before the test the teachers said they did.

swathard

HSC
sighs, trials, lol!

i had my english one last monday, and have my geo, his and sci in week 9 and 10.. AND MATHS TOMORROW AND FRIDAY!!

lol, i've been studyin' a bit, hpefully it pays off.. but yeah, my trials will all be out of the way b4 end of this term, but then ive got my yearlies for all subjects in t4 wk 2 and 3.. which sucks.. as its then followed by the actual sc..

cant wait till week 5 or so of next term.. everything about SC will be OUT OF THE WAYY!!! YIPPPEEE.

gl with ur trials everyone..

wendus

krawr.
HSC
you should all blitz the school cert ! it's the biggest piece of cake.

and swathard, you guys have ACCELERATED modern history??? DDD: so what are you studying now?

agirlinatutu

Im just not ready...
HSC
I dont have my core subject ones till week 1 next term.

I think we are having a yearly in commerce soon tho

smushieex

HSC
^You can go to the BoS website. Schools should be handing out copies of SC past exams anyway.

Anyway, our SC Trials are basically our yearlies.
They use the mark for our reports as well.

Mine's in week 9. mehh. >_>

monesh

HSC
Dr. Zoidberg said:
That's weird. Nobody in my school did trials for their electives. We only did it for English, Maths, Science, geo, Hist and computers skills.
same here.

swathard

HSC
wendus said:
you should all blitz the school cert ! it's the biggest piece of cake.

and swathard, you guys have ACCELERATED modern history??? DDD: so what are you studying now?
well im in year 10 at the moment, so im studying all the normal school certificate subjects, but next year in year 11, i will be accelerating in modern history. This mean i will be skipping the prelim course and just moving straight onto the HSC course.. in fact, i'll be starting just this subject in term 4 of THIS year because yr 11 is only three terms and so the current people at my school in year 11 will be starting the modern history HSC course then.. and i cant miss out on a whole term..

it'll be in amongst my school certificate exams though, which kinda sucks, but of course, MH will get first priority over what definitely seems measly and far less important exams.

so yeah. and my school doesn't actually OFFER it as such.. this was just a special offer made to me, haha, coz i've gotten 100% for history for the last 2 semesters, and 99 in the one before.. so yeah, they think i have the capability to accelerate.. i hope i'm making the right choice.

Aznmichael92

HSC
Aplus said:
Trials for electives are basically just assessments for school reports.
yeap he is right. They are basically your yearly examinations but some electives dont have yearly exams. They instead make you hand in assignments. The only four electives that have exams in the trial periods are
  • IST
  • Commerce
  • Food Technology
  • Elective History

wendus

krawr.
HSC
that's a pretty awesome achievement. just make sure you don't miss any of the basic skills other people get in y11 modern, although you probably won't :)

Malysh

Premium Member
HSC
I attend a public school, which just moved our trial to the last week of term - much later than we expected... which is a plus on one side.. but very odd..

Does it change in private schools?

Aznmichael92

HSC
Malysh said:
I attend a public school, which just moved our trial to the last week of term - much later than we expected... which is a plus on one side.. but very odd..

Does it change in private schools?
i dont think it matters if u go to private or public schools. It is basically up to the school to decide. Our trials got brought forward because of the year 11s and their preliminary course assesment. Dam them! LOL

Sweetst Revenge

HSC
N/A
arrrggggh yepp me too!
im not really all that worried about them but at the same time im worried im goin to fail..
any study notes would b sooo helpful!
Goodluck guys!
xx

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)