Scaling (1 Viewer)

bangladesh

HSC
It's the document for 2014 lol
The 2014 document for chem says theres scaling and has COMPLETELY wrong stats for the amount of D/HD's given out per year and I know it's not true because i've asked the head of chem multiple times about this issue. I'm assuming they just copy paste it from year to year

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
The 2014 document for chem says theres scaling and has COMPLETELY wrong stats for the amount of D/HD's given out per year and I know it's not true because i've asked the head of chem multiple times about this issue. I'm assuming they just copy paste it from year to year
How do you know the stats are completely wrong?

Where is the source?

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
So lets say for example three people are doing Human Biology. Let say one does BIOL1003, another BIOL1903 and a third does the SSP. Lets say they all get a raw mark of 64. How does the scaling go from there
I feel like there was some scaling when I did SSP bio because I think I was better in the one I did Adv in, in the exam and I did a bit better in the SSP one :p

Not sure what they are doing this year. That said, I have done some Adv units where your assignments are hella lot harder and there's no scaling and it's sad faces :'(

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
My tutor spent chunks of my last tutorial mentioning scaling.
And chem well theres no way I did as well as I did when I battled through the exam. (both semesters).... either that or im a lot better at chemistry than i thought. i thought the better marks than what i expected was scaling.
I had the opposite lol...

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
In first year chemistry, all the chemistry units are considered as one class - that's why the streams have a different proportion of P/C/D/HD. If you have a look at the average mark across all of chemistry, it's 65.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)