scaling (1 Viewer)

Dash

ReSpEcTeD
HSC
By the way... Does neone know the scalings for business studies...

What raw mark (approx) would you need to get scaled into the 90s???

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
biz doesnt scale well at all...but my school has a looooong history of going really really good at it, kids that get like band 1 in all their other subjects get like band 5 in biz..so, yeah, it kinda works out well for me.

AGB

HSC
what school is that hipsta jess??

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
umm...i'd prefer not to say...but lets just say it is non-selective, non-private non-catholic one from the hunter valley (if you dont know where that is...get your head read ;)...nah, its near newcastle, and its all the vineyards area..about 2-2.5 hrs north of sydney)

HSC
I dont really understand this whole scaling thing..

Lets just say i got a raw mark of 85%, what would the HSC mark be? higher? lower?

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
are we talking about business? it depends a bit...but is lower..but i dont know what your scaled mark would be.

Last edited:

steven_tiger

oh geez.... the only subjects i do that are better then average are advanced english and bio! :mad: :(

i would have thought pd/h/pe and business would have been higher then what they are. ah well.

Suvat

part timer
HSC
N/A
Damn you newbie
My last day as no.1 for biz :(
:p

is a roflcopter
HSC
fuck you and your sarcasm

you know full well your gona shit all over me

effigy

heh, only subject that scales up for me is software design and development.. and then again, in 2002, it was only 26.1 or something... rest go down :(

steven_tiger

Originally posted by truly-in-bliss
it is pretty unreasonable that busienss gets scaled down.....my textbook is tottally beefed up and there is soo much content in b/s...
exactly. there is so much to know. my text book is over 500 pages.

i would have expected business to do better then that. surely its better then geography :S

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
mny friend who does geo as well said exactli the same thing...

i guess with b/s unless u are totally prepared it is impossible to read every page in the textbook......best tip i can give to anyone who is struggling with b/s is to know the main topics and main pts....... with all that ethical stuff just remember main terms and definition, that way you got at least something that u can bs off on the spot.... and must learn ur ratios, that goes w/t saying...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)