Scared of stuffin up HSC! (1 Viewer)

FreeWorld

HSC
I'm paranoid about stuffing up my HSC considering i only have 11 units (realisticly 10units because i merely comprehend that 1 unit subject).

So what are the chances of ruining your HSC when you've studied every syllabus dot point and encompass everything that is required? Afraid i could stuff up something i worked so hard for.

kcqn93

HSC
we're all scared... well most of us are...

jeshxcore

Premium Member :)
HSC
I don't think you should be scared.. i know, i'm only in year eleven, but all you can do is do your best.. and if you're intimidated by something, how can you do your best?
i've been with a lot of my friends who have done the hsc in recent years, a lot of them say.. you just have to keep moving on.. don't look back, just keep trying your best.

K

Kozak92

I have 10 units and I already stuffed up accounting :( I'm screwed.

schtrevey

BBC/LLB
HSC
There's many people who screw up both minorly and majorly, remember the HSC is a test of endurance and there's plenty of chances to improve. I've seen A LOT of people screw up in assessments even half-yearlies who still pull off 90+ ATAR.

Nadiaa

HSC
im so scard because i know for a fact that im gonna f*** up coz im just not a bright person regardless of how much i study

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
@OP - if you're well prepared you won't stuff up.

For everyone else, don't be scared. Just try your best and go with the flow - whatever will happen will happen :)

postnatal

Banned
HSC
N/A
op i was in your exact position, by the end of last year when i got my results i stuffed up big time so i did not make it into uni. now i spend all day posting for cake.

K

Kozak92

@OP - if you're well prepared you won't stuff up.

For everyone else, don't be scared. Just try your best and go with the flow - whatever will happen will happen :)
But what if whatever will happen is not what we want to happen? I have no idea how to get into the course I want to through pathways apart from paying huge fees, which my family cannot afford, for colleges.

Makdadddy

makdaddy.net
HSC
I hate getting a result you didn't think was great... it feels like it's impossible to catch up in ranks... sigh

luvtads

HSC
I have 11 units, and i have stuffed up maths badly.
But I still have the year and im trying to think positive :)

mRJoJo

Spacebook
HSC
N/A
i stuffed up my first math extension assessment task and am trying to get achieve a 99.0+ atar
Many people believe I won't be able to reach my goal because my subjects don't "scale very high"

I'm really positive though and know I'll prove all those people wrong as the year goes by:)

Last edited:

maplestory

Autoplay Member
HSC
I have 11 units, and i have stuffed up maths badly.
But I still have the year and im trying to think positive :)
i stuffed up first math extension and am trying to get achieve a 99.0+ atar
Many people believe I won't be able to reach my goal because my subjects don't "scale very high"

I'm really positive though and know I'll prove all those people wrong as the year goes by:)
positivity rules =)

emilyo

apathetic member
HSC
by stuff up i assume you mean not get a 90 atar because if you are prepared to the absolute best of your ability for all your subs then you will be fine! believe me i walked out of my exams questioning myself and regreting not studying that little bit of the syllabus better but that is what it is like for everyone and i well surpassed my expectations. Believe me in a few months you will laugh at yourself for getting worked up. If you prepare for all your assessments adequately hsc is a breeze. Then you will get into uni and shoot yourself!

cloud watcher

HSC
there's really no need to be scared if u noe u have put your 100% in then be confident in yourself ..... i think im really lucky to have parents that understand my strengths and weaknesses. And just expect me to do the best i can.... im not a smarty but i try my best and study and usually it pays off....

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
But what if whatever will happen is not what we want to happen? I have no idea how to get into the course I want to through pathways apart from paying huge fees, which my family cannot afford, for colleges.
What degree do you want? I know there are many, many ways to get in backdoors. Of course some of them involve transferring which means you'll have to pay for another course and the chances of transferring are quite limited seeing as a heck of a lot of people will be trying to do the same thing.

However, screwing up in the HSC is not the end of the world. I know many people who have aimed to get into med/law and by falling short of their goal, they have found other passions or are exploring other passions before attempting to transfer.

Everyone is in the same position for the HSC - everyone is scared about failing to meet their goal/expectations. But it is those who harness this fear and use it as motivation to work harder and not let it get to them that ultimately prevail :)

Just try your hardest and if you're well prepared you won't fail. You're most likely overestimating the HSC :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)