• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Scared.. (1 Viewer)

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
Damage Inc. said:
Hmm, sorry, I thought it was if you fail, you fail.
Thats ok :) Perhaps next time, a better way to say it would be: "Well, as far as I know, if you fail, you fail."

(this way, you cover yourself, so that, if such a case arises where you haven't had the right information, you can just say, well, thats what you knew, you aren't the authority on it etc.)

Generator said:
Sometimes you cannot help but be 'heartless' when you are trying to help - this is a help forum, not a feel good forum, after all.

Edit (new text only): My point is that constructive help need not always be heartening or delivered in a long-winded and sugar-coated manner.
1) Never said it was a feel-good forum, of course its a help forum. But why be mean/disheartening when you don't have to? There are usually better ways of saying things, then just shooting someone down.

2) I apologise for verbosity (if you were referring to me) as it is a bad habit of mine.

3) I'm not trying to sugar-coat anything, but I also fail to see why we should all make the first years feel bad just for the hell of it.

cimbom said:
Wow- Frank said that the 'acceptable range' mark would be above 40 this semester. If we get below 40% (of the 50) there's retesting, especially if it is inconsitent with our assessment mark (constituting the remaining 50).
Yeah, thats also another circumstance to which you would be entitled to extra testing. A poor exam result inverse to your assessment results would indicate that something went wrong on the day - or perhaps you just not so good in an exam situation. They give you a second chance at any rate, which is nice of them methinks.

transcendent

HSC
N/A
it's called reality, not fairyland where everyone is supposed to be nice to one another which i my opinion is closer to hell then it is to heaven.

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
Don't be scared, just get to the mailbox [one month after exams] before your parents do.

Scanner, photoshop, &c &c. and Click ''Print''

Promise yourself you'll do better next semester and laugh about it.

Works for me :)

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
i don't have a scanner. :(

But I don't have to worry bout the mailbox thing though, although they'll want to know my results, eventually. :(

lala2

Banned
HSC
They mail in our results? I thought it was just on WebCT? :eek: *faints*

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
As in No, but I can arrange to see someone other than you.

P.S. Cumplete dis sentences >.<''

Troll's have notoriously bad .......

kekekekkekekekkekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekkz11!!!!!

Generator

HSC
N/A
ujuphleg said:
1) Never said it was a feel-good forum, of course its a help forum. But why be mean/disheartening when you don't have to? There are usually better ways of saying things, then just shooting someone down.

2) I apologise for verbosity (if you were referring to me) as it is a bad habit of mine.

3) I'm not trying to sugar-coat anything, but I also fail to see why we should all make the first years feel bad just for the hell of it.

It was actually a general statement as opposed to a critical comment - I was just trying to stress that constructive help need not be phrased in a long-winded or overly-supportive manner and that there are times when a blunt and seemingly 'mean' statement is more than a reasonable way to address the issue at hand.

However, I should point out that I take issue with the idea that I somehow suggested that we should be mean just for the hell of it. Despite what you may think, I don't see any point in being a bastard just for the sake of being a bastard, but at the same time I don't see much point in beating around the bush just to 'protect' someone who should by now be an adult. Sooner or later the students on this forum are going to have to grow up, and part of growing up is learning to accept blunt criticism when it is justified.

After all of that, if I taken more meaning from your post than you intended, I apologise.

Some_Guy

HSC
Generator said:
It was actually a general statement as opposed to a critical comment - I was just trying to stress that constructive help need not be phrased in a long-winded or overly-supportive manner and that there are times when a blunt and seemingly 'mean' statement is more than a reasonable way to address the issue at hand.

However, I should point out that I take issue with the idea that I somehow suggested that we should be mean just for the hell of it. Despite what you may think, I don't see any point in being a bastard just for the sake of being a bastard, but at the same time I don't see much point in beating around the bush just to 'protect' someone who should by now be an adult. Sooner or later the students on this forum are going to have to grow up, and part of growing up is learning to accept blunt criticism when it is justified.

After all of that, if I taken more meaning from your post than you intended, I apologise.
Yes sir, mr adult sir.

c_james

Viva La Merchandise!
HSC
brogan77 said:
Why does it matter?

It's illegal for anyone to open your mail, other than yourself.
BAHAHAHAHA please, that's the most unenforceable law known to man. Otherwise you'd have all these asian kids suing their parents.

Some_Guy

HSC
yea my sister and parents open my mail every chance they get. pisses me off big time.

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
Generator said:

Lol, irony.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
ameh said:
Lol, irony.
:D I was gonna point that out :p

Some_Guy said:
yea my sister and parents open my mail every chance they get. pisses me off big time.
My Mum only recently stopped thinking she has the right to open my mail :rolleyes:

Edit: Hmm just noticed, my 5001st post...wonder what my 5000th was. You know you're procrastinating and posting alot when you can't even remember when and where your last post was. Sigh.

transcendent

HSC
N/A
i got my parents to stop. stating privacy and 'how'd you like it if i went through your shit' excuse.

Nakashima

We GLAMOROUS
HSC
transcendent said:
i got my parents to stop. stating privacy and 'how'd you like it if i went through your shit' excuse.
Asian parents don't have a sense of privacy. This morning I was half scared to death when my mum woke me up by barging into my room while I was sleeping and yelling at me to clean the bathroom.

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
Some_Guy said:
lol i don't have that problem anymore, but they'll still want to know.... eventually... :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)