School and LGBT (1 Viewer)

Unovan

ATAR loading...
HSC
Kinda, Hitler actually signed a Concordat with the Pope in the early 1930s which said that they would not act against one another despite their ideological differences and the Catholic Church would effectively turn a blind eye to the actions/policies of the Nazis- and they did so for the most part..
bit of modern history knowledge leaking out

its_ace21

/æɪs/
HSC
Doesn't change the fact that Islamic countries oppress women and minorities, regardless of whatever some book says 😆
You've taken 'my point' in the wrong direction. My point is that Islam's oppression of women and minorities such as LGBTQ (hence the whole topic of this thread we are conversing in...) and its shouldn't be enforced on the Australian public.
its not the religion that oppresses women its the people. Islam values women a lot but your too ignorant and caught up in media and propaganda and shit to not understand that. Maybe do some research <3

maryjane05

HSC
You've taken 'my point' in the wrong direction. My point is that Islam's oppression of women and minorities such as LGBTQ (hence the whole topic of this thread we are conversing in...) and its shouldn't be enforced on the Australian public.
Are you a Christian? Why are you defending LGBT?

maryjane05

HSC
You're going to have to get used to it then because, unless you go back to whatever country sees it as 'haram' then you can't expect other Australians to conform to your theocratical totalitarian ideologies. I'm glad to be living in a free country where people can express themselves without being threatened by the government.
You can do whatever you want, however marching around for a whole month in Newtown celebrating homosexual relations is nothing short of degenerate. None of you would dare do that in Auburn/Merrylands/Bankstown/Harris Park.

maryjane05

HSC
As opposed to Islamic ideology? If it is so "haram", why is your family here and not in the Middle East? You are fair to believe what you want, but it's rich dissing the western world when you have immigrated here. Obviously things cant be that special in the Middle East. The West must have a bit more going for it me thinks...

Also, you say " How the fuck does one feel like th opposite gender? It has become a trend nowadays and should be treated as nothing more than a mental disorder or ignored". I put it to you, how does one feel it is ok to treat women so poorly which is common across the Middle East? How does one feel ok with cutting the hands off thieves as per Sharia law? Should Islam be treated as a mental disorder and ignored?

Not saying I think Islam is a mental disorder or should be ignored, but like, if you want to criticise LGBT it opens the door for reciprocal criticism.
My Family came here in the 90s, at the time Australia wasn't woke at all and the Western World was not that bad. Look at it now, nobody could have predicted the West would be where it is at now 30+ years ago. Also Islamic ideology does not oppress women. There may be minority extremist groups but they do not represent the Middle East. What the West would describe as "oppressive" we call a strong family unit. The West is finished.

band6yesplease

HSC
You can do whatever you want, however marching around for a whole month in Newtown celebrating homosexual relations is nothing short of degenerate. None of you would dare do that in Auburn/Merrylands/Bankstown/Harris Park.
Fair but I feel like it's not that deep... is celebrating ur sexuality really that horrifying to you? Does it hurt you in any literal way to see people being happy? Who cares actually cares maryjane05 just let the people live a bit maybe?

Also the West is hardly "finished" - is an arranged/forced marriage, sexual and domestic violence comfortably strong?

Also they were hosting WorldPride which they're not going to do every year.

Also you don't have to be LGBTQ+ to go because I have straight friends that went and they said that it was actually fun because everything was just colourful and happy..

Unovan

ATAR loading...
HSC
Fair but I feel like it's not that deep... is celebrating ur sexuality really that horrifying to you? Does it hurt you in any literal way to see people being happy? Who cares actually cares maryjane05 just let the people live a bit maybe?

Also the West is hardly "finished" - is an arranged/forced marriage, sexual and domestic violence comfortably strong? That happens in straight and LG and straight relationships.

Also you don't have to be LGBTQ+ to go because I have straight friends that went and they said that it was actually fun because everything was just colourful and happy..
1693120216167.png

This shouldn't be normalised lmao wtf think of all the children seeing it

maryjane05

HSC

Also the West is hardly "finished" - is an arranged/forced marriage, sexual and domestic violence comfortably strong?

LGBT privilege is real. I'm sure you know of the incident where 10 studios aired an offensive joke about Jesus to national TV. Would they have done the same mocking gays? I am highly doubtful. Whoever that stupid drag queen was, he is very lucky that my brother or father was not there...

band6yesplease

HSC
View attachment 39459

This shouldn't be normalised lmao wtf think of all the children seeing it
You would see 4/5 of those outfits at the public pool bruh. It's not normal but I wouldn't call it demonic ahhahaha kids aren't forced to sit down and look at it/mirror that behaviour

aulinia

HSC
LGBT privilege is real. I'm sure you know of the incident where 10 studios aired an offensive joke about Jesus to national TV. Would they have done the same mocking gays?
to be fair there have been so many stereotypes/tropes made about lgbt for so long in television that it has only recently become unacceptable … i dont think we can say lgbt privilege is real when several countries criminalise being lgbt.

nsw..wollongong

HSC
I somewhat agree that the people can extort the religion to do such things. But how come in any Islamic theocracy if women don't cover their whole bodies, they get punished?
idk much abt this but I've heard that its mostly to do with the culture, not the religion? i have a few Muslim friends and they've told me abt how any harm towards women is forbidden in Islam

windows64

HSC
I somewhat agree that the people can extort the religion to do such things. But how come in any Islamic theocracy if women don't cover their whole bodies, they get punished?
They don't get punished, they get sinned, thats what a lot of people dont realise and it applies to men as well, men also have to cover a certain amount of their body and they have to lower their gaze, otherwise they get sinned too. It applies to both genders, not just women.

windows64

HSC
I don't know why you're praising Australia 30 years ago when it was more intolerant of immigrants (i.e. Cronulla Riots). And when I step outside I never see LGBTQ parades. Most people who bash the West for being rampant with pride parades and shit like that get all of their info from Tiktok and Instagram reels designed to make you furious and keep you in the algorithm. I can go out for a day and not see a single pride or climate protestor. Idk about USA and UK though, since I don't live there. And forcing women to cover their bodies and be 'seen and not heard' is not oppressive?
its not necessarily oppressive because in they end, its up to them. In the quran it says "religion can't be forced upon anyone" so technically 'forcing' a woman to cover is also against islam.

nsw..wollongong

HSC
And the culture is built on the religion in a theocratical society. Harm towards women, like any statement in a religious text, can easilly be extorted. Physical harm doesn't account for submerging them socially and financially.
nah idk man like u said, any statement in a religious text can be extorted. so how is the religion to blame? its prolly the culture

windows64

HSC
And the culture is built on the religion in a theocratical society.
This is somewhat true, but culture gets extremly extremely distorted and although its foundation may be in religion, most rules and societal norms have absolutely nothing to do with and even go against religion

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)