school captain/prefects thoughts (1 Viewer)

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
the-derivative said:
Yeah,I actually got fitted for a brand new blazer (I'm supposed to be 2 sizes smaller :p) but yeah - saw my blazer and I thought I'd get that. I've been wearing a blazer since Year 7 - so i don't mind getting a second hand one... and I probabl won't keep it - probably sell it back after Year 12.
LOL! You must be following the idea of 'you'll grow into it'. I think mine is one size too big for me .. as is everything I own.

That's what most people plan to do with theirs. For me, it really depends on my mum. She'd want to sell it, but I'd want to keep it for memento (maybe give it to the school at their 100th Anniversary), but I already have the Year 12 Jersey for keeps ...

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
Re: School captainincy nominations

Doctor Jolly said:
I think she must've been, but I haven't really spoken to her. But there were alot of tears from girls who didn't make it in.

It certainly felt like the end of the world when I almost didn't get in ... the possibilities of cadetships seemed to close in my face.
LOL
I remember when I got told I was a prefect, me and a few of my friends were actually hiding at the back because we weren't supposed to be seen at school (as I had my Year 12 exams) and if a teacher saw me - I couldn't go home after the announcement. I don't think I would've been to disappointed if I didn't get in.

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC

the-derivative said:
LOL
I remember when I got told I was a prefect, me and a few of my friends were actually hiding at the back because we weren't supposed to be seen at school (as I had my Year 12 exams) and if a teacher saw me - I couldn't go home after the announcement. I don't think I would've been to disappointed if I didn't get in.
haha. Mine was announced through my year adviser who skipped my name (of all people :(), but in the end, as I was walking past the Dept. Principal she said I got in, so I was very pleased. Ahh, you're an optimistic soul Nathan.

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
Doctor Jolly said:
LOL! You must be following the idea of 'you'll grow into it'. I think mine is one size too big for me .. as is everything I own.

That's what most people plan to do with theirs. For me, it really depends on my mum. She'd want to sell it, but I'd want to keep it for memento (maybe give it to the school at their 100th Anniversary), but I already have the Year 12 Jersey for keeps ...
Yep :)

Yeah, I'd probably like to keep my jersey over my blazer, but it would be nice to keep both as well. I kept my old blazer, I was going to sell it - but like I've been wearing that style of Blazer for 6 years (Years 5-10) and i've grown attatched to it. But yeah if I don't keep it no biggie, I've still got memories and my badges to remind me of my days as a prefect.

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC

Doctor Jolly said:
haha. Mine was announced through my year adviser who skipped my name (of all people :(), but in the end, as I was walking past the Dept. Principal she said I got in, so I was very pleased. Ahh, you're an optimistic soul Nathan.
LOL - yeah I'm very optimistic.

Just like how I was optimistic of not getting caught walking out of the school gates after being announced I was a prefect (well technically I was allowed to - but like it would look suss - having a newly elected prefect jig :p)

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC

the-derivative said:
LOL - yeah I'm very optimistic.

Just like how I was optimistic of not getting caught walking out of the school gates after being announced I was a prefect (well technically I was allowed to - but like it would look suss - having a newly elected prefect jig :p)
haha. You're already breaking your prefect image and you've only been inducted for less than 10 minutes :p

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A

the-derivative said:
LOL
Yeah, my teacher told me I could potentially be the shiftiest and laziest prefect the college has ever seen :p
Sounds about right. ;)

At our school, there were a lot of disappointed candidates who didn't get voted in. Some even went as far as to unleash smear campaigns on some of the Prefects who did make it in, and the Prefects Master even had a flood of complaints about a particular Prefect.

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC

Aerath said:
Sounds about right. ;)

At our school, there were a lot of disappointed candidates who didn't get voted in. Some even went as far as to unleash smear campaigns on some of the Prefects who did make it in, and the Prefects Master even had a flood of complaints about a particular Prefect.
Sounds like jealousy to me - but ah well, they're still not prefects, no matter what they do :p

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Doctor Jolly said:
omg, I've seen your blazers at the train station (I saw some prefect with it) and it looks so cool! I don't think it should be $400 worth, but it still looks cool as there's big gold writing that says 'prefect' alongside with embroidery of all of your achievements!

At my school, it's optional to wear a blazer, so naturally, no one wears one. But it's absolute compulsory for Prefects. Mine was $140 new which is a fair price to pay when you compare it with Thomas' $400 blazer and you can also rent blazer for $50 - but I'd like to keep it as a high school memento :)
Yeah, it looks pretty good. But I agree, definitely not worth the $400 price tag.

Baggygreen408

HSC
lol man... im gunna keep my blazer wen i am done skool, probably also jersey and signed sports shirt- probably frame them for the wall, lol...

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A

the-derivative said:
Sounds like jealousy to me - but ah well, they're still not prefects, no matter what they do :p
Yeah, jealousy. But yeah, the Prefects Master just told them to "fuck off" in the nicest way possible.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Baggygreen408 said:
lol man... im gunna keep my blazer wen i am done skool, probably also jersey and signed sports shirt- probably frame them for the wall, lol...
I'm going to steal someone's High Rugby jersey. But whose? :confused:

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
the-derivative said:
Yeah - it's a nice blazer... but $400 could probably cover both my junior and senior uniform (and our uniform aint that bad).
Dude, my junior uniform looks like Baker's Delight's Staff Uniform.

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC

Aerath said:
Sounds about right. ;)

OH MY GOD. That's terrible!!

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
Doctor Jolly said:
Dude, my junior uniform looks like Baker's Delight's Staff Uniform.
Yeah - I saw my cousin's old one... its a pinkish tea towel type red dress isn't it?

Our junior uniform is pretty much like our senior uniform but with a whole different colour scheme, like junior = dark blue shirt, gray jumper, gray blazer and a full stripy tie. Senior = blue blazer, fluro blue jumper and light blue shirt.

No seperate uniform for prefects... actually isn't Sydney Boys the only school that does it?

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC

Aerath said:
Yeah, jealousy. But yeah, the Prefects Master just told them to "fuck off" in the nicest way possible.
Ahh yes prefect masters - ours is really strict. People call him 'the-admiral' and he secretly tells us his mood by the way he dresses.... red tie = angry at prefects :p

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC

the-derivative said:
Ahh yes prefect masters - ours is really strict. People call him 'the-admiral' and he secretly tells us his mood by the way he dresses.... red tie = angry at prefects :p
What if all he's got are red ties? :p

I don't actually have a prefect master at my school, just a Science Teacher who watches over us?

Hey, do you guys have seperate roll calls for prefects? I use to be in 11.4, but now I'm in the prefect roll call of 11.8 :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)