• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

school captain/prefects thoughts (1 Viewer)

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
the-derivative said:
Yeah - I saw my cousin's old one... its a pinkish tea towel type red dress isn't it?

Our junior uniform is pretty much like our senior uniform but with a whole different colour scheme, like junior = dark blue shirt, gray jumper, gray blazer and a full stripy tie. Senior = blue blazer, fluro blue jumper and light blue shirt.

No seperate uniform for prefects... actually isn't Sydney Boys the only school that does it?
LOL. It's actually maroon. I think I'd die if I had to wear pink ;) But yes, it does look like a tea towel.

At my school, there's a great anticipation when moving from juniors to seniors as the uniform scheme is quite different (for summer). The juniors, wear the horrible Baker's Delight uniform while the seniors wear skirts.

The only thing that prefects must wear are blazers, badge and the occasional hat. If Sydney Boys have a different uniform, man, that's awesome.

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
Re: School captainincy nominations

Doctor Jolly said:
What if all he's got are red ties? :p

I don't actually have a prefect master at my school, just a Science Teacher who watches over us?

Hey, do you guys have seperate roll calls for prefects? I use to be in 11.4, but now I'm in the prefect roll call of 11.8 :D
LOL - nah he's got many ties, but he's often angry. :p

We don't have seperate roll calls, because roll call is based on our house colour at my school... but like a few of the house captains had to switch roll call classes because like 4 of our house captains came from the same homeroom.

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
Doctor Jolly said:
LOL. It's actually maroon. I think I'd die if I had to wear pink ;) But yes, it does look like a tea towel.

At my school, there's a great anticipation when moving from juniors to seniors as the uniform scheme is quite different (for summer). The juniors, wear the horrible Baker's Delight uniform while the seniors wear skirts.

The only thing that prefects must wear are blazers, badge and the occasional hat. If Sydney Boys have a different uniform, man, that's awesome.
Yeah same here - well our junior uniform isn't that bad... but it's pretty depressing all wearing gray - I like my new blue blazer... but it would've been nice to have something different for being prefect - the only difference is we wear a badge.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A

the-derivative said:
Ahh yes prefect masters - ours is really strict. People call him 'the-admiral' and he secretly tells us his mood by the way he dresses.... red tie = angry at prefects :p
Hahahahaha, that's awesome. I think you guys are reading into his behaviour wayyyy too much. :p

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A

the-derivative said:
LOL - it's been a tradition at my school... so like we got told this before applying for prefect :p
Hahaha, and the fact that he is freely admitting it is quite scary. :p

alexmartinek

HSC
all i had to do was write a letter for prefect and it was pretty much in the bag.... you had to do a speech? what school do you go to?

exotik00

HSC
heeey
im the school captain of sydney technical high. Yeah i know you havent heard of it, we're the selective school brother of sydney boys, no one has heard of.
SO yeah, go for school captain, take an example from me, I never really thought of going for it and only really chose to do it a week out from the elections.
BUt hey, it shouldnt be something you ask other people. Because if you get, its because you wanna do something for the school and because you think you're up for it. Because it shows, if you were just in it for the popularity and fame.
I think i can compare it to medicine, everyone wants to become a doctor why? because of the glamour and riches etc, and mostly because asian parents like their son to be the best, like mine. But if you dont like showing up to work and helping others or benefitting people, you're gonna drop out and start hating your job very quickly.
I love being school captain, I love being able to stand up against the auditorium and implement stuff YOU decided on. I also like the free blazar. BUt seriously i look at my badge everyday and think.. DAM STRAIGHT, I have the power actually do something in this place.
Take care, let me know how it goes:D

swathard

HSC
heeey
im the school captain of sydney technical high. Yeah i know you havent heard of it, we're the selective school brother of sydney boys, no one has heard of.
SO yeah, go for school captain, take an example from me, I never really thought of going for it and only really chose to do it a week out from the elections.
BUt hey, it shouldnt be something you ask other people. Because if you get, its because you wanna do something for the school and because you think you're up for it. Because it shows, if you were just in it for the popularity and fame.
I think i can compare it to medicine, everyone wants to become a doctor why? because of the glamour and riches etc, and mostly because asian parents like their son to be the best, like mine. But if you dont like showing up to work and helping others or benefitting people, you're gonna drop out and start hating your job very quickly.
I love being school captain, I love being able to stand up against the auditorium and implement stuff YOU decided on. I also like the free blazar. BUt seriously i look at my badge everyday and think.. DAM STRAIGHT, I have the power actually do something in this place.
Take care, let me know how it goes:D

woooo! go captain of sydney technical high! (lol i go to sydney technical high too haha :p)

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
I should probably run for a school leader (not called captains and prefects at my school, just leaders). If I do, I certainly hope I got the position... but I'm not sure if I'd want to be a school leader... it's cool but maybe a little too much responsibilty. But great for a port folio hehe.

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
I'm currently a prefect in Year 12, and I find it really rewarding.
Don't be too concerned that it will take over your HSC, because it won't. Think of it this way - you're only in Year 12 once, might as well make the most of it, both academically and school life.

gella

HSC
i want to go for captain but
i dont know if i can be bothered/find the time to do all the things required

TiffANNA

HSC
I'm currently going for school captain or Vice and im nervous as hell. Well the process is that anyone get to have a chance to do a 1 min speech in front of the entire school. Then your year and the teachers vote for 2 girls and 2 boys. My year is even harder since there are 11 people going for it (which is the most people in 15 years).
So wish me luck......i'll need it

NewiJapper

HSC
Vice captain here :) I love it, don't have to do much and I'm still important and get all the perks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)