school captain/prefects thoughts (2 Viewers)

dux&src

just a star-crossed lover
HSC
Re: School captainincy nominations

LOL, i become SRC president next term. :eek:
And i'm only in year 10.
It's because all of the year 11 SRC's have not surprisingly become prefects and the last src president becoming captain. And of course the HSC 08'ers will no longer be at the school only for exams.

oh no, i gotta host the assembly every fortnight. :shy:
Luckily only 4 times as i only hold the postition for one term. Phewwww...

But could this be a sign for things to come? prefect maybe? captain maybe?

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
ttong said:
zomg $400 and its a public school....
Well, yeah, that's one of our school's mini luxuries - a bit costly, but I think the memento of high school is worth it.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A

dux&src said:
And i'm only in year 10.
It's because all of the year 11 SRC's have not surprisingly become prefects and the last src president becoming captain. And of course the HSC 08'ers will no longer be at the school only for exams.

Don't worry, if SRC is anything like what it is at our school, it's a massive joke. :p

dux&src

just a star-crossed lover
HSC

Aerath said:
Don't worry, if SRC is anything like what it is at our school, it's a massive joke. :p
no no , PRESIDENT of the SRC. We like speak on behalf of the SRC at assemblies, we do most of the work. Even more work than the prefects i believe.

haha at our school the SRC's do more then the prefects simply because the prefects have their HSC. Although the school captain does heaps of work. SO basically the school captain has the most responsibilities.

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC

dux&src said:
no no , PRESIDENT of the SRC. We like speak on behalf of the SRC at assemblies, we do most of the work. Even more work than the prefects i believe.

haha at our school the SRC's do more then the prefects simply because the prefects have their HSC. Although the school captain does heaps of work. SO basically the school captain has the most responsibilities.
At my school, nobody really cares about the SRC, it's the prefect executive who has the most say. Also the SRC doesn't do much, again it's the prefect body.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
the-derivative said:
We used to get our blazers from lowes... they were crap.
Now we get ours tailor made.
Lowes sell blazers now? =\

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A

dux&src said:
Yeah, but the SRC is a joke. And because you're the President, you're like President of something that noone cares about. It's like the President of Maldives - noone knows who or where the Maldives are, so being President of the Maldives is like being the leader of your house. :p

Well, I'm just saying, if SRC is anything like it is at my school. :p

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC

Aerath said:
Yeah, but the SRC is a joke. And because you're the President, you're like President of something that noone cares about. It's like the President of Maldives - noone knows who or where the Maldives are, so being President of the Maldives is like being the leader of your house. :p

Well, I'm just saying, if SRC is anything like it is at my school. :p
Hey!
The President of Maldives is my idol... I try to live my life based on his excellence :p

Anyway - yeah SRC in most schools is nothing... nobody cares, you don't get much respect... it's the prefects and the captains who have some importance.

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
Aerath said:
Actually, it cost $320, but I had to get lines on it and stuff.
omg, I've seen your blazers at the train station (I saw some prefect with it) and it looks so cool! I don't think it should be $400 worth, but it still looks cool as there's big gold writing that says 'prefect' alongside with embroidery of all of your achievements!

At my school, it's optional to wear a blazer, so naturally, no one wears one. But it's absolute compulsory for Prefects. Mine was $140 new which is a fair price to pay when you compare it with Thomas' $400 blazer and you can also rent blazer for $50 - but I'd like to keep it as a high school memento :)

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC

dux&src said:
And i'm only in year 10.

Congrats Jamie. I'm sure you'd be a fine future captain :)

the-derivative said:
Hey!
The President of Maldives is my idol... I try to live my life based on his excellence :p

Anyway - yeah SRC in most schools is nothing... nobody cares, you don't get much respect... it's the prefects and the captains who have some importance.
Is that the place where you can get a wife for $2.50? :p

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
Doctor Jolly said:
omg, I've seen your blazers at the train station (I saw some prefect with it) and it looks so cool! I don't think it should be $400 worth, but it still looks cool as there's big gold writing that says 'prefect' alongside with embroidery of all of your achievements!

At my school, it's optional to wear a blazer, so naturally, no one wears one. But it's absolute compulsory for Prefects. Mine was $140 new which is a fair price to pay when you compare it with Thomas' $400 blazer and you can also rent blazer for $50 - but I'd like to keep it as a high school memento :)
That's pretty expensive still... at my school, since we have to wear a blazer - they make it easier for us by giving us the option to buy our blazers second hand... normally I wouldn't but mine was only 6 months old and although it's a bit big it doesnt look too bad - and mine was only $40 - to keep.

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC

Doctor Jolly said:
Congrats Jamie. I'm sure you'd be a fine future captain :)

Is that the place where you can get a wife for $2.50
? :p
No that's manila (well according to my teacher - but I'm sure with the economic situation we are in... the price has gone up :p)

Anyway, yeah if you're a leader of the SRC, you probably have a good chance of getting a leadership role in the future.

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC

the-derivative said:
No that's manila (well according to my teacher - but I'm sure with the economic situation we are in... the price has gone up :p)

Anyway, yeah if you're a leader of the SRC, you probably have a good chance of getting a leadership role in the future.
Oh, it was something like that :lol:

Actually, there was a poor girl from my school who desperately wanted to be a prefect ever since Year 7 and worked for the SRC for 6 years. But due to her diminishing attendance and her inability to catch up with school work she was excluded from role as prefect unfortunately.

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
the-derivative said:
That's pretty expensive still... at my school, since we have to wear a blazer - they make it easier for us by giving us the option to buy our blazers second hand... normally I wouldn't but mine was only 6 months old and although it's a bit big it doesnt look too bad - and mine was only $40 - to keep.
Wow, that's a good snag. But I wouldn't buy second hand blazers - it's just not preferable for me, I like to have new things .. haha I'm stingy :shy: My poor mum.

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC

Doctor Jolly said:
Oh, it was something like that :lol:

Actually, there was a poor girl from my school who desperately wanted to be a prefect ever since Year 7 and worked for the SRC for 6 years. But due to her diminishing attendance and her inability to catch up with school work she was excluded from role as prefect unfortunately.
Wow - she must have felt cut.

Yeah there were a lot of confident people in my year group who got cut from the selections, but ah well - I don't think its the end of the world if you don't get prefect.

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
Doctor Jolly said:
Wow, that's a good snag. But I wouldn't buy second hand blazers - it's just not preferable for me, I like to have new things .. haha I'm stingy :shy: My poor mum.
Yeah,I actually got fitted for a brand new blazer (I'm supposed to be 2 sizes smaller :p) but yeah - saw my blazer and I thought I'd get that. I've been wearing a blazer since Year 7 - so i don't mind getting a second hand one... and I probabl won't keep it - probably sell it back after Year 12.

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC

the-derivative said:
Wow - she must have felt cut.

Yeah there were a lot of confident people in my year group who got cut from the selections, but ah well - I don't think its the end of the world if you don't get prefect.
I think she must've been, but I haven't really spoken to her. But there were alot of tears from girls who didn't make it in.

It certainly felt like the end of the world when I almost didn't get in ... the possibilities of cadetships seemed to close in my face.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)