School Captains & Prefects (1 Viewer)

Gigacube

HSC
So we're in the final term of year 11. :/ Is anyone planning on going for prefect or school captain?

I'll probably try out for prefect but not school captain as prefects don't have to do as much but still get the title. Or I could go for vice but that also requires a lot of work.

I'm just hoping we don't have to make a speech for prefect. I think at my school teachers vote on prefects & then to be a captain you have to make a speech & be voted in by your peers & teachers. Usually it turns out to be a popularity contest.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
I am sure in some hearts of humans, they will look for the quality of leadership rather than friendship.

Rythen

HSC
Popularity contests.

Iunno, most people who get into prefect/school captain abuse their power. And they don't do jack - at least they don't really care; all they want is a nice title on their resume. They even TELL me this =.=.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
It isn't a popularity contest at our school. We vote for whoever will stand and lead us.

Gigacube

HSC
At my school, school captain, vice & treasurer is based on popularity as students have the primary vote for these.
Prefects are mainly based on teacher votes.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
What exactly are the advantages of being a Captain? What qualities do teachers look for?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)