School Captains & Prefects (1 Viewer)

Uniqueness

HSC
N/A
I am school captain.. Honestly it didn't really affect me, I had some great opportunities to meet people this past year and attend some fun events. Just try, no harm in doing so. LOL and look at my subjects, do you think I am that popular? xD If your school is like ours teachers get a larger vote weight so more than often the leader gets captain while the popular one gets vice.
My school does the exact same thing! Our year's votes and teachers count more than year 8-10 who doesn't really know us..

I can't try for leadership positions, since I already accepted to be School Ambassador :( Seriously.. which schools even HAVE Ambassadors...

OmmU

★ BoS Deity ★
HSC
Uni Grad
My school does the exact same thing! Our year's votes and teachers count more than year 8-10 who doesn't really know us..

I can't try for leadership positions, since I already accepted to be School Ambassador :( Seriously.. which schools even HAVE Ambassadors...
What is the difference between captain/prefect and a school ambassador?

Carl5

HSC
At my school, only your year group, the SRC, and teachers vote. My friend and I got school captain. Neither of us are popular. In fact, we're rather quiet and would usually stick to our own social group. But, since becoming captain I've become a lot more confident, getting to run assemblies and what not. I think I got school captain due to the fact that I get along with most people, even if I'm not particularly fond of the way they act (i.e. I don't cause conflict, but I by no means "follow the crowd" and always stick to what I believe in. - e.g. I've always believed in trying my best and never giving up, especially at school, for which I've been called a nerd for (I've gotten the principal's award 5 times in a row). I genuinely just laugh and have a joke about it, rather than taking it to heart, and just continue doing what I do. I found out that most of the people who would call be a nerd and whatever actually voted for me). I've been told by both teachers and students that my true personality has start to come out haha.

Anyway, go for Captain! It's an amazing experience. I've learned so much from being captain, especially in interacting with a range of different people. I really don't want this year to end!!

HSC
N/A
I honestly was not considering going for house captain until today. My home room teacher called me out and told me that I should go for captain because I'd be a good one- much to my surprise. I would be contesting my close friend who has vice this year+ my other friend who is the school vice. I have no leadership qualities so I don't know why he suggested. Is it a lot of work? I wouldn't say I'm the most popular girl in my house, but I'm well liked. There is a lot of responsibility too, the captain has to arrange the cheer leading team, and I can't dance+ was only planning on doing it this year only.
What the hell should I do?

Gigacube

HSC
I honestly was not considering going for house captain until today. My home room teacher called me out and told me that I should go for captain because I'd be a good one- much to my surprise. I would be contesting my close friend who has vice this year+ my other friend who is the school vice. I have no leadership qualities so I don't know why he suggested. Is it a lot of work? I wouldn't say I'm the most popular girl in my house, but I'm well liked. There is a lot of responsibility too, the captain has to arrange the cheer leading team, and I can't dance+ was only planning on doing it this year only.
What the hell should I do?
You should go for it! When an opportunity comes by you should always take it. You've got nothing to lose anyway.

At my school Captains make speeches & attend formal events. Sometimes the local newspaper comes & interviews them.

woga3

Banned
HSC
N/A
If you want to get ANY scholarship at universities you NEED to be a prefect. If you haven't been a prefect then forget about scholarships, don't even waste your time applying.

HSC
N/A
You should go for it! When an opportunity comes by you should always take it. You've got nothing to lose anyway.

At my school Captains make speeches & attend formal events. Sometimes the local newspaper comes & interviews them.
In the end- it's all a popularity contest :haha:
I think if I can act like my usual self- i'd get it, but it's so hard to be me around people you don't really know. People who don't know me think i'm this quiet, reserved girl, and those that do know me wish i'd shut the hell up half the time :haha:

I think I will go for it...

juicystar07

HSC
N/A
I would really like to go for a leadership position at my school, but it is so obvious that everyone is going to choose the most popular one ... ughhhh -__-
like only our year (year 11) and teachers vote for school captain and vice captain, but the most popular people will get it!
should i do it or not? or total waste of time?
like i am pretty high in academic acheivements and co-curricular, but .. should i?

HSC
N/A
I would really like to go for a leadership position at my school, but it is so obvious that everyone is going to choose the most popular one ... ughhhh -__-
like only our year (year 11) and teachers vote for school captain and vice captain, but the most popular people will get it!
should i do it or not? or total waste of time?
like i am pretty high in academic acheivements and co-curricular, but .. should i?
Do it :)
Who knows, you might even get it.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
If you want to get ANY scholarship at universities you NEED to be a prefect. If you haven't been a prefect then forget about scholarships, don't even waste your time applying.
Eh I know :( I really want a college scholarship(accomodation), but they really like people with leadership roles.

harrisony

goodbye cruel world
HSC
N/A
at my school most y12 students are eligible for prefectship although your only a probationary house prefect until the end when your either awarded house prefectship or full college prefectship

harrisony

goodbye cruel world
HSC
N/A
I get to tell little kids off + have responsibilities (such as prefect duty - telling kids off at the train station or in the cafeteria)

Gigacube

HSC
Not true. You should apply for a scholarship as you have nothing to lose. You don't even need to be a prefect. You can show your leadership skills through extra curricular activities & other things. It's also about the interview & how passionate you are towards that field (if the scholarship is for a particular area of study). Being a prefect is one way of showing your leadership skills.

Prefects are like senior SRC people who have a bit more say in the school & help out with fundraising events & get to go to cool events.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)