• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

School Certificate to be scrapped (2 Viewers)

Asma2007

HSC
but those year 9 of this year do do the school certificate next year right????

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
I don't think they should change it. The SC gives dropouts something to show employers, while those continuing on will do it easily. The SC isn't insanely difficult and to be honest if you're spending more than an hour a night studying for it you're studying too hard. (Of course if you're dropping out it's a different story altogether.)

Also, yes, it is a state, not a federal, issue, but it has been proposed that the federal government use various things like the power of the federal purse to force the states to standardise the education system. Not done yet, but I know Labor and Rudd want to standardise a lot of the curriculum, while Howard wants to standardise Australian History only =/

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Asma2007 said:
but those year 9 of this year do do the school certificate next year right????

Definitely.

From the information that the schools have been given the current Year 5 and above will be doing the School Certificate.

For them to scrap the SC schools would need to get two years notice i.e. if they were going to scrap it for 2009 we would already have been told but we have been told that it is to continue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)