• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

School / Subject (1 Viewer)

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Re: What school you at?

How many prefects does your school have?

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A

foram said:
whats a prefect? Are they like school captains?
Prefects are like representatives of school. Some prefects are also elected to serve as captain or vice-captains. At my school, we have 8 prefects, 2 vice-captains and one captain. They get elected based on the number of votes.

foram

Awesome Member
HSC

:eek: I don't think my school has prefects! We just get the SRC people to do the stuff. :D

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A

What school doesn't have prefects?

selablad

HSC

I've always associated prefects with old-fashioned private schools...they go around and make sure you are behaving appropriately and wearing your uniform correctly and give you detention and those sorts of things (in addition to representing school in public)...that is what the prefects at my school do, anyway...

Mind you at my first primary school, we had prefects. And a head girl/boy for the whole year and everything. Even a dux. Now that I think about it that's really weird...

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC

im a prefect
and it rocks.

i reccomend you do it.
=]

/end advice-brag

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC

I have about 16 prefects at my school and about 24 SRC members. I also have 1 Vice Captain and 1 School Captain. The school captain doesn't really do much more than the prefects, she just gets to wear a funny brimmed hat on outings to represent the school.

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC

6 prefects
2 vice captains
2 captains.

captains and vc just get bigger badges. were all great friends and we all share the responsibility evenly.

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC

sonyaleeisapixi said:
6 prefects
2 vice captains
2 captains.

captains and vc just get bigger badges. were all great friends and we all share the responsibility evenly.
LOL, bigger badges. I want a badge but not the responsibilty! haha.

As it was my school's 50th anniversery last year, the school captain got to have her name engraved onto a plaque that will be in the school forever. Imagine that :eek: Oh well, my name is already engraved in the school hall forever so I'm good :D

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC

we also get royal blue blazers with our name and staus stitched in gold under the school crest to keep forever.

my names everywhere -.-
2 plaques for debating, 1 for netball, 3 for drama, 2 for history, and on our school board that lists the years prefect body.

i plan on being on more by the end of the year
=D

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC

sonyaleeisapixi said:
we also get royal blue blazers with our name and staus stitched in gold under the school crest to keep forever.

my names everywhere -.-
2 plaques for debating, 1 for netball, 3 for drama, 2 for history, and on our school board that lists the years prefect body.

i plan on being on more by the end of the year
=D
wow that sounds so cool! In my school, prefects are forced to buy a blaser but they don't get any of those fancy embriodery.

*jaw drops @ your name* wow. People sitting in assembly must get sick of reading your name ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)