School very behind in Maths? (1 Viewer)

Je ne sais pas

HSC
My school has just started gemometric applications of calculus in 2 unit and just done parametrics in 3 unit. Are we really behind? Should I get a tutor?

NewiJapper

HSC
We have just finished exponentials and logarithms but out teacher said that we would finish the 2 unit course somewhere early in term 2.

Is this too early to finish the syllabus or is this a good estimation on when we will finish it...?

shady145

Banned
HSC
We have just finished exponentials and logarithms but out teacher said that we would finish the 2 unit course somewhere early in term 2.

Is this too early to finish the syllabus or is this a good estimation on when we will finish it...?
schools do the topics in different order, so we cant tell you if its a good estimation of how long is left

Dragonmaster262

Unorthodox top student
HSC
If you can't wait to finish the course then I suggest you just teach yourself. That's what I did. My school is still on integrating Trig functions but I'm not complaining because I'm on the Binomial thereom.

Jonneeh

HSC
i think it would be better to state what topics you've already covered because as stated earlier, different schools have different timetables on when specific topics are taught.

Some school have a faster pace then others but all school should be to finish all hsc topics by test time.

However if you feel that you are behind, you could always go ahead which in the end may be more beneficial to you

ATAR_boy

HSC
i think it would be better to state what topics you've already covered because as stated earlier, different schools have different timetables on when specific topics are taught.

Some school have a faster pace then others but all school should be to finish all hsc topics by test time.

However if you feel that you are behind, you could always go ahead which in the end may be more beneficial to you
This is what any student (who expects a solid 80+ in 3U) should be doing for maths! Plus, going ahead is fun as it makes your school lesson time alot more enjoyable <--- You already know what the teacher is trying to do! :rofl:

ATAR_boy

HSC
If you can't wait to finish the course then I suggest you just teach yourself. That's what I did. My school is still on integrating Trig functions but I'm not complaining because I'm on the Binomial thereom.
mate, you should be aiming at 90 ATAR, all your subjects are hectic! particularly 4U :)

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Not really behind, we were up to there this time last year and we still finished the course.

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A
I think our school was on Practical Minima/Maxima (ie. the last aspect of the Geom Appl topic) around this time last year.

kcqn93

HSC
My school is still up to trig. functions. But I used these holidays to finish the 2unit and 3unit course myself.

You should go ahead if you have the time and books. lol

Tofuu

HSC
talk to your teacher about how they are planning to teach the course
if you think there isn't a lot of time left for revision, get a tutor or self study

ValentinesM

HSC
My school has just started gemometric applications of calculus in 2 unit and just done parametrics in 3 unit. Are we really behind? Should I get a tutor?
Which textbook do you use? If you're using Cambridge 3u Year 11, this time last year my school was just about finishing the textbook and moving onto the year 12 book. If you can find the schoolwork easy and you want to be ahead, like the others have said, self-study and/or get someone to help.
Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)