Schoolies Is Sad! (1 Viewer)

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
dunny22 said:
hey dreamerish,u are the 1 learning it the hard way in that come november/december ur gunna be the only idiot talkin on these forums..im sure u will be fine...maybe u can hav a tea party in ur backyard with ur other friends who believe that having fun is apparently a crime...
Right, what am I learning exactly?

That Schoolies is not worth going to if it only involves people like you? I already knew that. :)

Oh I'd love to have a tea party. Argo, wanna come? :rolleyes:

7th Sign

HSC
schoolies should be good.....glad I am going....I feel sorry for the people not going but its their choice...every one has fun in different ways of having fun, having fun for some people might be staying at home for a few months and relaxing, other people might want to get up to the gold coast and chill around for a few weeks I dont really see whats the point of starting up anti this and anti that schoolies threads any more... , true in the past i have said some stupid things....Its your choice bascially in the end.....

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
7th Sign said:
schoolies should be good.....glad I am going....I feel sorry for the people not going but its their choice...every one has fun in different ways of having fun, having fun for some people might be staying at home for a few months and relaxing, other people might want to get up to the gold coast and chill around for a few weeks I dont really see whats the point of starting up anti this and anti that schoolies threads any more... , true in the past i have said some stupid things....Its your choice bascially in the end.....
We feel sorry for you too.

But other than that, well said.

roadcone

HSC
7th Sign said:
I feel sorry for the people not going
What the hell? Why do you feel sorry for the people not going?

At the end of the day it is their choice, and considering I am sure they know what they like a whole lot better than you do I think they can decide whether they want to go without your help.

I am so sick of this whole debate over whether people who are going on schoolies are up themselves for doing it or those that are not are losers who don't know how to have fun. People like different things, it might not be their scene, it doesn't mean that they should be attacked for their choices.

I personally am going on schoolies, but I have the upmost respect for those choosing not to go because they don't want to (or whatever the reason is), because (in a very cliched manner) breaking away from what is generally normal behaviour is often the hardest thing to do.

EDIT - And yes I do realise I pretty much quoted 7th Sign out of context and I do agree with what he goes on to say, but that was a really stupid thing to say imo

Last edited:

clairebear

"oh go back to supre"
HSC
hey ummm i wasn't even going to get involved in an internet fight as i totally agree with someone above who said they're totally sad even if you are personally involved, but 7th sign is totally right in about the diff ways ppl have fun, and that said i think mr. mature who started this thread saying "schoolies is sad" and "unethical" probably needs to reconsider the fact that we are all the same age, and most see schoolies as an opportunity to celebrate finishing 13 years of school in whatever way they see fit. as far as ethics go, um i think if you're talking about schoolies you are assumed to have an open mind. and i'm not saying that to offend those more conservative than myself, i totally respect your morals and stuff just as much as my own. anyway my point is i don't think you have to put on the big "i'm so mature" facade to make people regret their intentions for going to schoolies. where is the love people? well as far as i know there will be a lot of it at schoolies, and i'm glad that i will be enjoying the company of friends new and old when i finish the god forsaken HSC. There's only one time in your life where you can be a schoolie (toolies and whatnot i've heard are not quite as fun) so why not seize the opportunity if looking for something to celebrate. A round world trip (PREFERABLY WITHOUT YOUR PARENTS) can be done at any time, and is such a uni thing to do. you've got your whole life ahead of you for that stuff.
phew.
the bottom line is carpe diem. peace xoxoxo

johnny_87

HSC
Dreamerish*~ said:
Right, what am I learning exactly?

That Schoolies is not worth going to if it only involves people like you? I already knew that. :)

Oh I'd love to have a tea party. Argo, wanna come? :rolleyes:

If I recall correctly, weren't you and your partner in moral crusading preaching about judging people on forums?

Yet here you are generalising about schoolies and the type of people that go, and making assumptions (incorrect I might add) about a person on a forum.

Double standards anyone? :rolleyes:

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
johnny_87 said:
If I recall correctly, weren't you and your partner in moral crusading preaching about judging people on forums?

Yet here you are generalising about schoolies and the type of people that go, and making assumptions (incorrect I might add) about a person on a forum.

Double standards anyone? :rolleyes:
The fact that I dislike dunny22 is based on his posts, which reveal to an extent, his personality.

It has nothing to do with Schoolies. I suggest you contrive more plausible arguments next time.

dunny22

HSC
u wuld not know the 1st thing about my personality, wot kind of a person wuld judge people through the use of a computer..u could be the best bloke ever in the outside world(if u ever get out)i have never once stated u as havin a bad personality. and once again u hav contradicted urself as previously u hav stated that u don not judge people.....

johnny_87

HSC
So you can read Dreamerish's thoughts? Until then, don't say what she was or wasn;t doing as it's merely your opinion (a biased one at that).

And no not all my posts are of this line - just take a look at the sport forum.

And if you actually knew me, you certainly wouldn't call me a narcissist nor a pessimist. Quite the opposite, in fact.

And you haven't disagreed with me. What you have done is made character judgements about dunny22. You have no right to since you don't know him. However, seeing as he's a mate of mine, I am well within my rights to stand up for him.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
johnny_87 said:
So you can read Dreamerish's thoughts? Until then, don't say what she was or wasn;t doing as it's merely your opinion (a biased one at that).

And no not all my posts are of this line - just take a look at the sport forum.

And if you actually knew me, you certainly wouldn't call me a narcissist nor a pessimist. Quite the opposite, in fact.

And you haven't disagreed with me. What you have done is made character judgements about dunny22. You have no right to since you don't know him. However, seeing as he's a mate of mine, I am well within my rights to stand up for him.
What, are you and dunny22 the same person? Argo was talking to him, not you.

Right, so are you saying that you're both pretentious gits? Because for normal people, personality can be revealed through posts, to a certain extent.

Everyone's entitled to an opinion. You're getting opinion and prejudiced judgement quite mixed up. We're judging him based on his posts, which is fair enough.

johnny_87

HSC
I didn't see quote in argonaut's post. My sincerest of apologies to you argonaut

johnny_87

HSC
And please show me where my double standards are. I have proved yours.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
johnny_87 said:
And please show me where my double standards are. I have proved yours.
No you haven't.

Just give up. You can't win against Mr Smith.

johnny_87

HSC
Why thank you Queen Sanctimony. What a valuable contribution...

You have said that you don't judge people, yet just above you say "we are judging him based on his posts.".

I think I'm in a better position to comment on dunny's character than you seeing as I actually know him in the real world.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
johnny_87 said:
Why thank you Queen Sanctimony. What a valuable contribution...

You have said that you don't judge people, yet just above you say "we are judging him based on his posts.".

I think I'm in a better position to comment on dunny's character than you seeing as I actually know him in the real world.
What the fuck?

I never said you can't judge people period. I said you can't judge people by their post count or avatar, as dunny22 has done before. People can be judged by what they post. You're a moron if you don't get it.

You might know him personally, and yes, he may be a wonderful, polite person in real life. But what he presents himself to us is different to who you claim him to be. How the hell are we supposed to know what he's really like? We have only his posts to judge him by, and that is totally acceptable.

If you see on TV a serial rapist being sent to prison, are you more likely to think "the scumbag deserves it" or "hey, guys, wait a minute - let's not judge him, he might be a decent guy, even though he has raped 20 minors"?

To sum up, let's take a concept from Frontline. There is no absolute truth, only percieved truth. The same event (or person, in this case) appears different to people who are viewing it from various angles. Each person is entitled to his or her own version of truth, based on what they've been exposed to. Since free speech has not yet been banned, I daresay our opinions should not be suppressed. (Especially when we have evidence that dunny22 is an idiot, whereas we'd only have to take your word for how great he is in real life)

Happy now?

dunny22

HSC
ur a fuken loser for wasting ur time over me .....lolz....it is now clear....u are weirdo's

~'.:naya:.'~

HSC
aek said:
EVERYONE GOING TO SCHOOLIES is sad : waste of money, waste of time and just an unethical end to your high school life. Go on a trip around the world or something, see your folks overseas rather than drinking up and banging up new hoes. . . . Post your ideas about schoolies
you are only sayin that coz u prob got no friends!

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
dunny22 said:
ur a fuken loser for wasting ur time over me .....lolz....it is now clear....u are weirdo's
An euphemism for "I have no more arguments not only because I'm wrong, but because I can't even string two words together".

It's ok, kid. We know. ;)

dunny22

HSC
aahaha, u wanka...do u know how not to be serious...unfortunatley there is no university course that you can attend for that...honestly... u are insane...i will ring my friends and they will come to ur house with a pretty white jacket n then take u away in the bak of a van bak to a big white building with white rooms...then u leave a note on ur kitchen table telling ARGONAUT to ring 1800-institute-4-insanity so he can then turn himself in...wuld that be nice....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)