Screwed for life? (1 Viewer)

lychnobity

HSC
Honestly OP, I get where you're coming from, but the best thing you can do right now is to man up, put up and shut up.

Now this is important: just do it. With your major works, take an hour away from them, and come back with some perspective.

crimson_delight

HSC
Honey, I'm in the *exact* same position as well.
For Drama, my Major, well, let's just say it could be going better, and I haven't done as much work I should be doing. These holidays - if I had a Time Turner I would totally go back in time and actually get some work done - basically.

Good luck, and hopefully you pull yourself together before it's too late (and uh, so do I).

Just keep working. Ask teachers for advice, go to the guidance counsellor, etc. :) Good luck!

mangoz

HSC
Im kinda lucky that i got to a higher ranked school but im still quite lazy == so dw there are a lot that are the same. You'd think people from higher ranked schools would be studying like crazy but i know heaps that arent so dont stress. Give yourself a goal each day. Libraries are good as well (Y) and remember do loads of prac papers, you pick up on so many things in them.

Squishxmishyx

Olive You.
HSC
I feel the same way OP. =[
But just think about developing countries. Or prostitutes =[
If they can pull through their lives, we can pull through this!!! =]

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
I've done like 7 hours of study the whole holidays (3 MX1 papers and looking over chem stuff)
So I'm pretty screwed, but not as screwed as you because I have no majors.

swisscaketroll

HSC
N/A
Im kinda lucky that i got to a higher ranked school but im still quite lazy == so dw there are a lot that are the same. You'd think people from higher ranked schools would be studying like crazy but i know heaps that arent so dont stress. Give yourself a goal each day. Libraries are good as well (Y) and remember do loads of prac papers, you pick up on so many things in them.
haha hook in dtf chix, or r u dtf?

I feel the same way OP. =[
But just think about developing countries. Or prostitutes =[
If they can pull through their lives, we can pull through this!!! =]
u are a prostitute

Last edited:

Skriker

HSC
HSC can't screw you for life...even if you get a really shit ATAR. Like 70 or something.
Guy in my year was diagnosed with cancer a couple of weeks back. Be thankful for what you have and study. If you cbf, that's okay...you're still not screwed for life. You'll just have to take the endurance route to your desired course instead of the short sprint that is the HSC. Think of the less fortunate and you'll realise you're NOT actually screwed for life :D
Fvcking First World problems...
70 is a good atar! well i guess you go to sydney boys high so meh :(

freestyler1

Banned
HSC
N/A
HAHAHAHAHAHA.........

I remember something all the way back in January, do you?

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
HAHAHAHAHAHA......... I remember something all the way back in January, do you?
Yeah. I remembered my holiday... I think lots of people will remember lots of things from January.

harrisony

goodbye cruel world
HSC
N/A
@harrisony - okay i don't think i'd be "screwed for life", but tell me this - how would you feel, living for the rest of your life with the guilt of disappointing your parents, because you didn't make it into university ? I'm not saying that they're going to disown me or anything like that and don't tell me that "they'll be proud of you if you become successful" or some bs. I just don't want to have people asking me OR my parents what my atar was or what university i got into... and then have them face the awkward moment when they say " my child didn't get into university" i'm not saying that if i go to tafe i wouldn't have a great future or a good job - it's just it seems alot less likely for people to hire you knowing that you didn't make it into uni.
you really need to sit down and spend some time looking at university entry paths

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)