SDD Major Project Ideas (1 Viewer)

Robert21

HSC
Just started year 12 and the teacher wants us to come up with ideas for our major projects.

Looking for a project that can hopefully reap the most impressive mark with the smallest amount of effort/programming ability.

I'm not a brilliant programmer so weary of embarking on a project that will be beyond my capabilities within the timeframe of the assignment.

Currently most interested in a stock market simulation game but not totally sure how this would work or if it's a good idea.

Any advice?

cossine

HSC
Just started year 12 and the teacher wants us to come up with ideas for our major projects.

Looking for a project that can hopefully reap the most impressive mark with the smallest amount of effort/programming ability.

I'm not a brilliant programmer so weary of embarking on a project that will be beyond my capabilities within the timeframe of the assignment.

Currently most interested in a stock market simulation game but not totally sure how this would work or if it's a good idea.

Any advice?
You have not given timeframe or language.

You should be find code online that you can use as a template.

Something involving discrete maths. E.g. Data structures or some encryption or compression algorithm. Maybe possible is partial completion of RSA encryption algorithm depending on time.

A machine learning algorithm. E.g. K-nearest neighbour classification/regression or K-means clustering. These are all based on Pythagoras Theorem
Also possible is association rule mining which involves probability.

Some metaheuristic optimisation algorithms. Numerous example. Particle Swarm Optimisation, Artifical Bee Colony Optimisation. Yarpiz goes through Particle Swarm Optimisation in MATLAB on YouTube.

NPTEL IIT Guwahati also has large ampunt of material on optimisation with the code on YouTube.

Robert21

HSC
You have not given timeframe or language.

You should be find code online that you can use as a template.

Something involving discrete maths. E.g. Data structures or some encryption or compression algorithm. Maybe possible is partial completion of RSA encryption algorithm depending on time.

A machine learning algorithm. E.g. K-nearest neighbour classification/regression or K-means clustering. These are all based on Pythagoras Theorem
Also possible is association rule mining which involves probability.

Some metaheuristic optimisation algorithms. Numerous example. Particle Swarm Optimisation, Artifical Bee Colony Optimisation. Yarpiz goes through Particle Swarm Optimisation in MATLAB on YouTube.

NPTEL IIT Guwahati also has large ampunt of material on optimisation with the code on YouTube.
Language can be any, I'm leaning towards Python. It's due mid-next year and my teacher recommends starting around the summer holidays

cossine

HSC
Language can be any, I'm leaning towards Python. It's due mid-next year and my teacher recommends starting around the summer holidays
Plenty of time. Python is well suited for machine learning and scientific computing i.e. optimisation stuff. You can do the encryption etc stuff as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)