Section 1, Part B - Short Answer (1 Viewer)

HSC
OH NOOO!! I gave all the advantages of that epidemiological study!! Didn't say any disadvantages :(

cartoonmaiz

HSC
N/A
Was it bad that he removed people. I thought that same number of people in each group was good.

kentonite

HSC
i didn't write anything for the beadle and tatum question please someone tell me the answer lol

HSC
N/A
Same here! I was kind of stumped on the question :/.
i said what the study was hoping to achieve, and how the small sample size + small demographic didn't depict a complete representation of the population.

the question was about his methodology, i didn't think it was asking for advantages/disadvantages (by my interpretation anyway)
i based it purely on whether his method made it reliable, accurate or valid.

febebebe

HSC
in the communications section, what did you guys put for "match pieces of apparatus used in the experiment to three identified parts of the eye". i said the lenses were the lens, the paper the retina and the fluid the vitreous humor. wbu????

HSC
N/A
I whooped that "scientist" methodology

should of said student instead...doubt scientists would be that inconsistent
ahahahaha. strong scientist, he is :p

I did say he maintained some features of an epidemiological study, but not all things were considered. Plus the fact that he saw if they had a health check, but didn't elaborate on it. It might have been like:
"have you had a health check in the last year?" response: y/n

it means nothing unless he also analysed that data. it was just mentioned

HSC
in the communications section, what did you guys put for "match pieces of apparatus used in the experiment to three identified parts of the eye". i said the lenses were the lens, the paper the retina and the fluid the vitreous humor. wbu????
yeahh..same here :)

desmol

HSC
ahahahaha. strong scientist, he is :p

I did say he maintained some features of an epidemiological study, but not all things were considered. Plus the fact that he saw if they had a health check, but didn't elaborate on it. It might have been like:
"have you had a health check in the last year?" response: y/n

it means nothing unless he also analysed that data. it was just mentioned
I said he ("they", actually, it was gender neutral) should get it checked and cross-examined by a supervisor lol

HSC
N/A
I said he ("they", actually, it was gender neutral) should get it checked and cross-examined by a supervisor lol
I referred to the scientist as "the scientist", i'm just assuming it's a guy on here because a girl wouldn't overlook such details ;)

desmol

HSC
I referred to the scientist as "the scientist", i'm just assuming it's a guy on here because a girl wouldn't overlook such details ;)
Same here, I wrote "he" about five times and had to cross it out
tsk tsk...

HSC
N/A
Same here, I wrote "he" about five times and had to cross it out
tsk tsk...
ahaha :')

i can't actually remember if i used a general neutral term of though. I didn't mention the scientist in particular that many times, rather how much I thought he was wrong and he should quit his job :p

desmol

HSC
ahaha :')

i can't actually remember if i used a general neutral term of though. I didn't mention the scientist in particular that many times, rather how much I thought he was wrong and he should quit his job :p
Don't criticize him too harshly, he's just trying to pay off his student loans

RishBonjour

HSC
what did you guys write for the scientist one? Defs lost a few marks in that.

HSC
N/A
what did you guys write for the scientist one? Defs lost a few marks in that.
- he used some features of an epidemiological report, but it wasn't reliable, consistent, or accurate.
- small sample size
- didn't survey other demographics i.e. age, occupation, location
- he removed some people from the report, reducing the half female/half male control
- didn't consolidate his data with the reports of other scientists
- no assessment of relevance of questions asked
- no repetition with other parts of population

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)