Section 1, Part B - Short Answer (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
Or just give him a job as a HSC marker hehe..
psh, so he can screw all our marks too? :p

imagine that. He's in charge of aligning, and uses james ruse as the standards for the rest of us (Similarly to how he only did the survey for a particular office)

RishBonjour

HSC
- he used some features of an epidemiological report, but it wasn't reliable, consistent, or accurate.
- small sample size
- didn't survey other demographics i.e. age, occupation, location
- he removed some people from the report, reducing the half female/half male control
- didn't consolidate his data with the reports of other scientists
- no assessment of relevance of questions asked
- no repetition with other parts of population
ohhh shizz. I forgot repetition. I said how lung cancer takes years to develop and he thinks his 1 min survey will find a link. what a troll.

looking at around 75 raw I think. nooo band 6. (I assume the raw mark this year will be quite high)

HSC
N/A
ohhh shizz. I forgot repetition. I said how lung cancer takes years to develop and he thinks his 1 min survey will find a link. what a troll.

looking at around 75 raw I think. nooo band 6. (I assume the raw mark this year will be quite high)
I don't even think I got 70 raw :(
so sad :cry:

i bombed it in hindsight. sigh. And I know my shit too!

RishBonjour

HSC
I don't even think I got 70 raw :(
so sad :cry:

i bombed it in hindsight. sigh. And I know my shit too!
which parts? short answers were nice. It wasn't just pure regurgitation, had to think a bit :L
I got question 16 MC wrong. but over all test was quite good. did you find it easier than 2011? (I though it was much simpler- less controversial LOL)

horse question:
- quarantine those infected
- spray with antibotics + soap
- wash their hoofs
all good.

desmol

HSC
psh, so he can screw all our marks too? :p

imagine that. He's in charge of aligning, and uses james ruse as the standards for the rest of us (Similarly to how he only did the survey for a particular office)
Can't make a bad system worse...

HSC
N/A
which parts? short answers were nice. It wasn't just pure regurgitation, had to think a bit :L
I got question 16 MC wrong. but over all test was quite good. did you find it easier than 2011? (I though it was much simpler- less controversial LOL)
I think i got a few wrong in MC, and idk. I could answer all the questions, but yknow when you're iffy about whether you're actually answering the question? That's how i felt. i felt it was too...simple and that I was forgetting so much or misinterpreting the question.

i cant remember if i even attempted the 2011 paper tbh :p

HSC
N/A
Can't make a bad system worse...
This is the guy who can't carry out a proper epidemiological study here :p
I mean, what genius takes a survey of less than 144 people and tries to make it a representation of a population?

RishBonjour

HSC
I think i got a few wrong in MC, and idk. I could answer all the questions, but yknow when you're iffy about whether you're actually answering the question? That's how i felt. i felt it was too...simple and that I was forgetting so much or misinterpreting the question.

i cant remember if i even attempted the 2011 paper tbh :p
I think I said it before but yeah the paper took me the WHOLE 3 hours. (which is for most people - WAY too long) Because I read every question a few times and my answers just to make sure. but oh well, its over. don't really care that much about biology. just looking forward to all the beautiful maths tests coming.

desmol

HSC
This is the guy who can't carry out a proper epidemiological study here :p
I mean, what genius takes a survey of less than 144 people and tries to make it a representation of a population?
And these are the people who think "transgenics" is a process
What about that Macfarlane question? I can totally see him sitting there thinking "What can we do to ensure they're memorizing and regurgitating ALL the information?"

shinobi1337

HSC
For the graph question, where it says sketch the curve of best fit, did you have to draw a straight line or a curve ><

HSC
N/A
I think I said it before but yeah the paper took me the WHOLE 3 hours. (which is for most people - WAY too long) Because I read every question a few times and my answers just to make sure. but oh well, its over. don't really care that much about biology. just looking forward to all the beautiful maths tests coming.
I finished the exam in about an hour and a half and then went to the toilet. Then I came back and read through everything.

I think i did attempt the 2011, I thought it was okay actually

HSC
N/A
For the graph question, where it says sketch the curve of best fit, did you have to draw a straight line or a curve ><
i did a curve.... of best fit.
And these are the people who think "transgenics" is a process
What about that Macfarlane question? I can totally see him sitting there thinking "What can we do to ensure they're memorizing and regurgitating ALL the information?"
:cry: I thought the answer was "transgenic" :(

I knew macfarlane like the back of my hand tbh. it was a huge part of search for a better health. Didn't people wonder how plasma b cells replicated so quickly in response to a specific antigen? it doesn't just come from anywhere

desmol

HSC
i did a curve.... of best fit.

:cry: I thought the answer was "transgenic" :(

I knew macfarlane like the back of my hand tbh. it was a huge part of search for a better health. Didn't people wonder how plasma b cells replicated so quickly in response to a specific antigen? it doesn't just come from anywhere
It was the answer, just incorrect word form - should have been "transgenesis"

We practically skimmed search for better health in class, and our textbook had about one paragraph about him in the introduction to the the chapter. Still, it wasn't technically a dot point

HSC
N/A
It was the answer, just incorrect word form - should have been "transgenesis"

We practically skimmed search for better health in class, and our textbook had about one paragraph about him in the introduction to the the chapter. Still, it wasn't technically a dot point
gurl, my teacher literally finished half of better health in a week, and then we rushed the entire communication optional the next week. then we had trials :p

I personally enjoyed that module though, so I studied it properly.

It was the answer?! YUUUUUUUSSSSSS.

desmol

HSC
gurl, my teacher literally finished half of better health in a week, and then we rushed the entire communication optional the next week. then we had trials :p

I personally enjoyed that module though, so I studied it properly.

It was the answer?! YUUUUUUUSSSSSS.
We spent most of our time on the stupid stuff like "what is health?" "what is disease?" etc etc and had to teach ourselves the rest

What week did you have trials in?

HSC
N/A
We spent most of our time on the stupid stuff like "what is health?" "what is disease?" etc etc and had to teach ourselves the rest

What week did you have trials in?
not sure, but i did the cssa ones

also, i didn't mention antibiotics for the horse q because it said "viral" and i thought that meant "virus"
OH NO.

desmol

HSC
not sure, but i did the cssa ones

also, i didn't mention antibiotics for the horse q because it said "viral" and i thought that meant "virus"
OH NO.
I made the same mistake but hopefully the rest makes up for it, because it said "prevention strategies" or sth

HSC
N/A
I made the same mistake but hopefully the rest makes up for it, because it said "prevention strategies" or sth
my methods were so ridiculous. I was like... BURN EVERYTHING THAT CAME IN CONTACT WITH IT. BURN IIIIIIITTTT.
Then I said it's location and transport needed to be tracked, and all those in contact with the infected horse need to be monitored.
i also mentioned finding source of contagion in Australia, and then controlling it there.
For some reason, i mentioned how Australia was isolated, so there was a lesser chance of a worldwide epidemic if australia could control it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)