Section 1 - Stimulus (2 Viewers)

wendiiee

HSC
The picture was really pretty this year.
But I found it really hard to extract techniques from the other three texts...
I wish they gave us a poem because then I wouldn't have wasted as much time making up techniques.

yours

HSC
Remember the stimulus was not the question. It is STIMULUS, nothing more.
it's still a point you can make for s1

People are central to belonging? HOW are people central to belonging. Explain yourself, that's the point of english. You don't just make blatant comments like that
It's not blatant, it's concise. The title of the picture indicates it explores 'varied/various ways of belonging', therefore everything in the picture is explicity being used to demonstrate something about belonging. It's not an exhaustive explanation, but I never claimed it was.

Last edited:

BobSherman93

HSC
Yes that'll get you 1 mark. You need an explanation for that to get the other. Short answers are all about explanation

unknown88

HSC
N/A
I thought the picture was sweet haha, I just talked about how the different words on different colours suggests how different aspects of one's life enrich their sense of belonging in different ways.

Long winded but some of the best bs ive ever done :D
+ 1. I wrote exactly the same thing.

unknown88

HSC
N/A
l wrote for text four l believe the similie of the like a terrible weight or something...cant remember.

13abie

HSC
What techniques did you guys use for the second text? I stretched it hard...personal pronouns, ellipsis and first person, juxtaposition (weak), contrast was all I could see! (praying that that's enough but doubt it). I hate that text soo much.

A-Nonentity

HSC
for question one: I said the motif of hands as seen holding the world and the plantling and in the cheering group shows that not only can we belong to different things but that we choose what we belong to.

I really disliked the speakers. There were barely ANY language features in there...

Rabiies

HSC
When I saw the picture, I was happy that it had colour. But then I had difficulty BS'ing about it
LMAOOO AHHAHA.
i said the vibrants colours add to the theme of belonging 'to many places'. LOL

superior

HSC
what happens if your handwriting gets crap? would they decrease your marks, even though you have the right content for the questions? :(

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
what happens if your handwriting gets crap? would they decrease your marks, even though you have the right content for the questions? :(
Do we really have to answer that?

Huda Shaikh

HSC
i hated the pic lol
but i just took imagery as one aspect and talked about the feeling of belonging coz of the earth in hand and people laughing or whatever
and also the colour lolz tht mde it easy as it was bright and vibrant... hpefulli i went good!
for the last question i went with the last 2 texts as they were easy to relate to identity and place lol
well lets just hope for the best!!!! so screwed for paper 2 now -.-

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
What techniques did you guys use for the second text? I stretched it hard...personal pronouns, ellipsis and first person, juxtaposition (weak), contrast was all I could see! (praying that that's enough but doubt it). I hate that text soo much.
Repetition of 'from' and the emphasis of the word - shown by inverted commas.

katoji

HSC
The picture and the text with the guy travelling were okay for me. But I did not understand the other texts well, and had trouble with analysis.
Lost at least 5 marks with that section :(

claravimbai

HSC
i studied all the visual technique , but wigth the picture i couldnt even include any visual technique , even though it had colour i didnt know how to link it to the question based on belonging ..

basically i hated the whole belonging paper 1 english for advanced and standard.

lexicon45

HSC
N/A
I'm fucked. i did mines in like 25 mins so i didn't read it properly.
a) I bullshitted about arrangement of vivid colours closing touching or overlapping each other to express the amiable sense of belonging, and also the different perspectives people on where they belong
b) but bullshitted how there was a contrast between two of the speakers, through the form of transcript.
both wanted to be affliated to place but different barriers prevented so. .. lack of commitment and lack of understanding

c) i wrote something about his lack of commitment and ambivalence, or lack of knowledge of where he belongs.
then i used an example of the repitition of the eiffel tower and other one to emphasise his uncertainty
and i did something else which i forgot

d) i basically contrasted his sense of belonging between ireland and america?. i also used metaphor of ghost and some other negative connotations
e) and with less than 10 minutes to go i just copied c and d

Last edited:

Glorious

HSC
i studied all the visual technique , but wigth the picture i couldnt even include any visual technique , even though it had colour i didnt know how to link it to the question based on belonging ..

basically i hated the whole belonging paper 1 english for advanced and standard.
You can use symbolism [e.g holding the globe, symbolising unity and global belonging to one common place - earth], the use of diction of some of the words in the visual, etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)