Section 1 - Stimulus (1 Viewer)

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
Is it him as a grandfather or is he the grandfather and speaking from that perspective? WTF So confusing...
I might be confusing the texts, but I just called the person 'the deceased person'

hjed

HSC
I read it as a child/descendent being the persona, and the picture being of a grandfather/great-grandfather

Frostbitten

HSC
It was someone looking at their great grandfather or further back in time ie great great grandfather etc

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
I do recall him saying 'had you been alive' or some shit

Mannilie

HSC
Text 4 was such a bitch for me. As for Question E, I feel as if I didn't write enough for it. I did two paragraphs (which are about 1 page and a bit in length) plus a small paragraph underneath it all to summarize the question. Section 1 probably wasn't my strongest one but Section 2 and 3 were absolutely perfect :p Just an FYI.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
I just called the man in the picture as an "elder individual resembling the persona"

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
The question referred to him as "the speaker", so I just called him that.

Candidate

HSC
I thought text two was excellent. I hated text three, the question was kind of difficult tbh.

CM07

HSC
Text two confused me slightly in the sense that the question asked for identity. For text four I said that the "red and yellow coloured medical liquids" symbolised their sense of belonging to culture as a reference the Aboriginal Flag. Big woooooops.
Overall, it was better than I had expected.

Last edited:

AnimeX

HSC
N/A
hmm, upon closer inspection text two looks like it's from the grandfather's perspective and the man in the photograph is his father
"what would you say /to your child (persona) and grandchildren (personas children) / and great-grandchildren (...)?"
i could be wrong though

monieo

HSC
I know I stuffed up this section because I barely did ANY textual analysis (i completly forgot and I suck at it) but I think i did pretty good for section 2 and 3 (think i'd get roughly 12-13/15 for each) does that mean that if I get a shitty mark for section 1 I cant get a band 5? :S

monieo

HSC
ah shit band 4 for me. All well haha band 4 is all I need for Uni anyway. Cheers :)

kalstar

swag
HSC
Uni Grad
I did this section the first, however I think I spent a bit too long on it.

Last edited:

gleeek

HSC
Well, yeah. I'm one of those rare people who interpreted Text 2 as the grandfather narrating and that the 'creased photographs' were of him and his fears that his successors would be appreciate the experiences of his life, demonstrating the fragility to the photograph as a metaphor for the ability to understand his identity due to the passage of time, and 'memory's distortions'.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)