Section 3 - Extended Response (1 Viewer)

Nuclear

HSC
CRAP.

I wrote about two.

I did my WAYYY better one first. A full page and a half on just that one text, my other was half a page. Hopefully they'll mark the first one?

I was very happy with my essay. 5 and a bit pages :). My texts all fit perfectly, haha.

Sadiah

HSC
Smashed the heck out of it but wasted too much time on it.. I extended my points for Prescribed and Related to keep reflecting the question but man wrote way too much.
lol same, i ended up writing two complete booklets - I only used one related text coz it said so in CAPS..gosshh

but we were told to learn two related texts from our teacher

newaiz

overall i reckon it was good

Sadiah

HSC
CRAP.

I wrote about two.

I did my WAYYY better one first. A full page and a half on just that one text, my other was half a page. Hopefully they'll mark the first one?

I was very happy with my essay. 5 and a bit pages :). My texts all fit perfectly, haha.
wow..

you can manage to write that number of pages?

bro i'd never be able to fit my info in that quantity

i wrote like two whole booklets for section 3 n then was satisfied :D

MONKEYjulz

HSC
Someone once said if you do ONE in a TWO question you can only get up to 13/15, maybe this will be the case?
My teacher told me if you're short with the required amount of texts you can't get higher than a C(not sure what mark that ranges). However, in this case we oversupplied, so i have noo idea.

Nuclear

HSC
wow..

you can manage to write that number of pages?

bro i'd never be able to fit my info in that quantity

i wrote like two whole booklets for section 3 n then was satisfied :D
I meant exam pages. Haha.

ubermale

HSC
Surprised they only asked for one related text, but it was good as it meant I could spend more time explaining my ideas and making a stronger link to the question.

Also my second text didn't have much 'understanding' in it, so it was convenient to not have to use that.

It went well with my prescribed (As You Like It) as well as my related.

Nuclear

HSC
Surprised they only asked for one related text, but it was good as it meant I could spend more time explaining my ideas and making a stronger link to the question.

Also my second text didn't have much 'understanding' in it, so it was convenient to not have to use that.

It went well with my prescribed (As You Like It) as well as my related.
I think that was the point.

My set texts were Peter Skrzynecki poems. My related texts were To Kill a Mockingbird and We Are Australian.

I did To Kill a Mockingbird First and it was A LOT better than my second. They'll mark that, right?

Enchantress91

HSC
That was one of the worst essays I've ever written. Should've read the play again!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had like 4 techniques with mini quotes my prescribed. (like with 3-4 words in each, eg. stage direction is used... as shown in "the sun is up".... I mean what the heck was I thinking????????? My memorised essay didn't fit AT ALL!!! The one I got 15/15 for the trial.

So depressed now...

Liisaaaa

HSC
i did two sups as well GAHHH!!!

i spoke to my teacher who is a head marker and he said you wont get marked down....but that still means that i left stuff out of my prescribed and first supp too fit the last one in so therefore i prob will get a lower mark anyways!

ohhh wat an idiot...

Imagination

HSC
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
I USED TWO TEXTS
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO:chainsaw:

idge

HSC
I agree... I thought the question was really bad for As You Like It

ajaxandacme

HSC
Question was really bad for Dickinson as well.
I mean seriously, a more simpler or broader question that would help for all the texts would be better. Meanwhile, tenuous references to "understanding." Here's hoping for 15/15 nonetheless. =D

Scinery

HSC
I believe that people interpreted the actual question differently too. While some people thought that the "understanding" was like acceptance between characters, others did "understanding one's environment" and coming to terms with their identity.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Question was really bad for Dickinson as well.
I mean seriously, a more simpler or broader question that would help for all the texts would be better. Meanwhile, tenuous references to "understanding." Here's hoping for 15/15 nonetheless. =D
Question was really good for Dickinson actually.

Monsterman

HSC
8 pages in each booklet. that all? :|
that means i would have written like 30+ pages...that cant be right?? can it?? :S
The first booklet that they originally have you was 8pages the next ones that i got were 4 pages

alice09

HSC
Great Q, so easy to link it to interpersonal connections, cultural barriers + identity etc.! I did ONE related like it said:) phew, i was bit spooked coming out since about 50% of the ppl at my school said they did 2. I still wrote 9.5 pages ( in my fat handwriting ;) )

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)