Section 3 - Extended Response (1 Viewer)

naisAtoN

Awesome Member
HSC
The question was pretty good (though I would've preferred if we were asked to use TWO related texts, I hadn't really prepared to use only one and had to remove a lot of the links I made between texts as a result) BUT I didn't finish my conclusion. I had to rush my last point and half the conclusion, and the woman made me put my pen down mid-sentence.

Aaah. I guess I can only move on now and do the best I can for Paper 2.

shannon_6

HSC
The "one related text" part annoyed me because I'd spent so much time preparing two... but by the time I reached section 3, I probably wouldn't have had the time to analyse three texts, so maybe it was a blessing in disguise.

HSC
It says "ONE"
I reckon that like 1/4 of a the state would have written on two though, mistaking it for 'At least ONE'.
I'm not sure what the marking centre's going to do about TWO, i mean you didn't really answer the question so i can't see someone getting 15/15. Perhaps they'll disregard one text?
Fyi: I wrote on TWO, biggest rookie mistake.

Cinnamonster

Somewhere in the general vicinity of the Universe
HSC
The quote was so similar to my thesis :D Loved this question.
Romulus, My Father and my related text (Mostly Harmless by Douglas Adams) worked so well for it. Having said that, I would have really liked to write about Girl With a Pearl Earring but I really didn't want to risk using a second related text.
Probably didn't write enough (two paragraphs for Romulus, two for Mostly Harmless, intro+conclusion) but I finished it off anyway and I'm content with what I did write.

HSC
Uni Grad
Am i gunna get castrated, raped, owned, pwnt, kicked in the nads, royally fucked, and 0 marks for doing 2 texts????

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

bayan92

HSC
I am pretty sure that they will disregard one of the two texts if you did two, therefore making your essay shorter and less integrated.

Someone once said if you do ONE in a TWO question you can only get up to 13/15, maybe this will be the case?

Aplus

HSC
N/A
The question worked very well with my essay, almost exactly the sort of question I had prepared for ;)

chantelle-r

HSC
i wrote about 2 related by accident!! didn't read it properly and we've been doing 2 all year in school!
i wrote like 8 and a half pages, so surely if wouldn't make much difference would it?

youngminii

Banned
HSC
I did really well in this, so I'm happy. Bit sloppy because I had to adapt around 70-80% of my memorised essay, and extend it (planning took 5 mins of my precious precious time) but I ended up using a whole booklet so I'm happy. Most I've wrote, ever.

untouchablecuz

HSC
In order for an individual to find a sense of belonging they must first find their own sense of self. To what extent is this true? Discuss with reference to your prescribed text and two related texts.

this was my prepared response

replace sense of self with understanding, and hey

you have an essay

bench

HSC
It suited my text and general thesis too. The ONE related threw me off abit at the beginning, I had to read it like five times over.

CaitlinAngel714

HSC
Well my first thought on seeing the question was cursing its existence apon seeing the word understanding and one text. However once I started I managed to adapt and I thought I did good so I hope it turned out alright

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)