Section I - Core (Pompeii and Herculaneum) (1 Viewer)

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
How did you find the core? Share your thoughts here

lynton

HSC
Argh it screwed me over so bad. I ended up talking for 3/4 of it about the impact of tourism and then i realised you had to refer to management and yer so im screwed for the 10 marker

HailSatan

HSC
Argh it screwed me over so bad. I ended up talking for 3/4 of it about the impact of tourism and then i realised you had to refer to management and yer so im screwed for the 10 marker
I thought you were meant to talk about the impact of tourism, and then explain how it influenced the management... That's what I did anyway. So you shouldn't have gone too bad I don't think.

Thecorey0

HSC
I didn't like the section that much, the 8-marker was good though. The new format - i.e. no 1-marker suprised me.

cerys

because i can.
HSC
That question about tourism screwed me over. Most I'm gonna get for that question is >5.

Jack Burton

ninja of the world
HSC
i talked about the diffrent managements and how they manage tourism and the effect tourism had fing easy

audioxdoll

HSC
in reading time i was like...... WHAT THE FUCK.
so i did this section last but i found it very simple once into it and easy to bullshit.
I dont think the questions offered much in terms of depth and oppurtunity for unique answers so it seems like everything will be pretty general.

Cinnamonster

Somewhere in the general vicinity of the Universe
HSC
Pompeii and Herculaneum was heaps awesome til the question about tourism. I just kept writing until the lines were filled up and talked about effect of tourism, conservation, preservation and management of the place and etc. Anything I could thing of really. Should get at least some marks for it.
Overall though, the Pompeii and Herculaneum section was fairly good.

Venom.

HSC
Pretty straightforward. Was question 1 like the Atrium and Impluvium or something?

k150764

HSC
THe questions i predicted came exactly on the paperand i was like soo happy mani love this section so easy

Venom.

HSC
The tourism question was quite strange - its such a small aspect of the syllabus - but I talked about how Maiuri's attitude was wrong - he's consumerised archaeology; destruction of the sites - attempted to be stopped by Zevi and Guzzo, still close to impossible to help with the influx of tourists each year.

M@ster P

HSC
fuck I think i lost a mark in the 1st question, I wrote Greek columns and high ceilings lmao. Should have gone with my instinct and wrote impluvium or compluvium For the tourist question is this right? What I did was I highlighted the impacts of tourism which causes Pompeii to be in a damaged state, due to this international and italian contributions occured which helped Pompeii to have better management

The Land Of Procrastinating.. Which is in the same
HSC
Absolutely hated the core. I hated the new layout. The tourism question was pretty easy, managed to relate it to conservation easy but in reading time, when I read the fist question I was like :O I revised the parts of a house last night, but not this morning so I completely forgot it.. Meaning I got 0 fo that one.. I just called them by their English name. Whoops. And as for the Fuller?? I was like WTF! So I just guessed it was where they baked bread.. then I realised they would do that at a bakery.. So then I guessed thats where they made clothes- I was kinda close.

akim93

HSC
i understood the quote differentelyweren't they saying that archaeology has had nagative impacts to the sites due to the incorrect methods of archeologistsand they're referring tourists as clients because tourists are showing the same negative impacts to the sites??oh god if i'm wrong ill kill my self eekkk

Last edited:

akim93

HSC
Absolutely hated the core. I hated the new layout. The tourism question was pretty easy, managed to relate it to conservation easy but in reading time, when I read the fist question I was like :O I revised the parts of a house last night, but not this morning so I completely forgot it.. Meaning I got 0 fo that one.. I just called them by their English name. Whoops. And as for the Fuller?? I was like WTF! So I just guessed it was where they baked bread.. then I realised they would do that at a bakery.. So then I guessed thats where they made clothes- I was kinda close.
lol..i have to laugh at the fuller bread part..it was a laundry place not a bread shop hahaha..so funny

successwilbmine

HSC
i wrote colonated pillars and impluvium (i know it sounds funny but i didnt put compluvium cz its like implied and cz theres an impluvium... sounded funny to put both) The worse was the question about tourism, bullshitted everything, did not know what to talk about, forgot all the stuff about maiuri

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)