Section I - Core (Pompeii and Herculaneum) (1 Viewer)

WaterIsLiquid

HSC
So like since it specifically asked for conservation, we didnt need to include preservation + reconstruction right...

nZep

HSC
Yep, I also said that they were present during important rites of passage such as marriage, births and funerals and were offered fruits and pine cones - symbols of fertility. I was also at a lecture and they actually talked about the house of the vetti Lararium - which was actually found in the slave quarters of the house, representing that household religion was available to all classes.
You didn't mention anything about daily ritual and how the paterfamlias (male head of the household) would lead his family to worship the God on a daily basis. Thats like the main thing lol

ReneeApple

HSC
What was the household religion question regarding three significant features? I talked about Lares, Penates and Genuises. Is that right?
Ahhh that's it, I forgot their names and said "gods of the pantry" :(

acemusic415

HSC
Ahhh that's it, I forgot their names and said "gods of the pantry" :(
Oh because when I saw "household religions" and "three significant features" I straight away thought of Lares, Geniuses and Penates. Everybody else seemed to have way more comprehensive answers than mine...

jessxxxr

HSC
Oh because when I saw "household religions" and "three significant features" I straight away thought of Lares, Geniuses and Penates. Everybody else seemed to have way more comprehensive answers than mine...
yeahhh the actual household gods, the Lares Penates and Geniuses, i just encompassed as one feature, it just depends how they mark it though, but hey, at least you still had correct information

HSC
i really really screwed up this section - i know i got 2 multiple choice wrong and we hadnt done anything on household religion!

A-Nonentity

HSC
The only time i looked over Conservation was to add information to my Ethical issues question, so i had a bit of content and i have a good memory so i could remember vague details about the problem but i definitely lost marks there, i'll probably get tops 7/10 for being vague and babbling on about irrelevant things haha

sallypreston

HSC
It sounds like people did alright. I'm sorry to shatter everybody's dreams here, but you do realise, however, that if the judges (who look at the paper and determine the band cut-offs) find the paper generally easy, they will mark harder. Thus, less people will be likely to get into the top band. This applies not only for the short responses in Pompeii section, but across all sections.

1981Grant

HSC
OH FUCK am I completely stuffed? Just reading over these answers, and realised I completely forgot to refer to the source for the last Pompeii question... FUCK! I thought I did it really well, and then just remembered the sources! I talked about like environmental damage and how its tackled and stuff... how many marks do you think I will lose? I feel sick to my stomach now :(
Don't worry about it. In my trial I had the exact same thing, I had a solid arguement about conservation and reconstruction and forgot about the sources which still managed me an 8/10.

Elliee

Crazy Kid
HSC
Don't worry about it. In my trial I had the exact same thing, I had a solid arguement about conservation and reconstruction and forgot about the sources which still managed me an 8/10.
Ok thank goodness, this made me feel so much better! :)

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
Sorry guys but can anyone tell me what the last question was ???

It was on challenges or something.

I remember the 2nd last one was on graffitis and how they are used to enhance our understanding of the lifestyle of pompeii and etc.

I mentioned gladiator games and everyday life, commercial life and political life are derived from graffiti sources.

jessxxxr

HSC
Sorry guys but can anyone tell me what the last question was ???

It was on challenges or something.

I remember the 2nd last one was on graffitis and how they are used to enhance our understanding of the lifestyle of pompeii and etc.

I mentioned gladiator games and everyday life, commercial life and political life are derived from graffiti sources.
it was something along the lines of discuss the challenges of conserving the sites of Pompeii and Herculaneum

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
It sounds like people did alright. I'm sorry to shatter everybody's dreams here, but you do realise, however, that if the judges (who look at the paper and determine the band cut-offs) find the paper generally easy, they will mark harder. Thus, less people will be likely to get into the top band. This applies not only for the short responses in Pompeii section, but across all sections.
This is feedback from BOS people who are generally one of the top students. I'm pretty sure many people will do shit due to the large number of people that do Ancient History across the state.

Last edited:

JustJackie

HSC
Uni Grad
You probably should've been capped at 7/10 for not using the sources. When you are asked to use the source, you have to be sure to use it or else you're going to be gutted marks by the HSC markers. Not only do you need to refer to the sources to achieve the points for the top band of the marking criteria, it helps keeps the HSC marker on track, especially after the dredge of going through a paper per 5 minutes.

1981Grant

HSC
You probably should've been capped at 7/10 for not using the sources. When you are asked to use the source, you have to be sure to use it or else you're going to be gutted marks by the HSC markers. Not only do you need to refer to the sources to achieve the points for the top band of the marking criteria, it helps keeps the HSC marker on track, especially after the dredge of going through a paper per 5 minutes.
I had one reference to the source. Maybe I should have been capped a bit more but I had a good arguement that got me through that.

jessxxxr

HSC
I had one reference to the source. Maybe I should have been capped a bit more but I had a good arguement that got me through that.
having one reference to the source is different than having no reference at all, it's just a bit misleading what you said above about it being ok because you did the same thing in trials, because what you did is different, you had limited references which is probably why you weren't capped lower, not none at all like the person above

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)